Networking

Moderator: Ken Sauret

reddog

Networking

Post by reddog »

I know because I read Kens article in the latest Western Bass Mag that I can link my HDS to an Elite unit if I wanted so my question then becomes I really love the downscan imaging on my HDS on the console and was considering upgrading the bow unit but dont really know if i can justify another HDS up there. Whats the story with downscan for a trolling motor transducer, how does all that work? If I link the units they will share the waypoints which is what I want for structure fishing but I dont want the bow unit using the transom transducer right?
NoCAL

Re: Networking

Post by NoCAL »

You can get an Elite HDI unit for the bow and network it to your HDS unit with NMEA 2000. It will "share" waypoints as long as both units are on. It is not the same as "waypoint sync" which is what HDS units do through Ethernet. The HDI unit will show conventional 2D and downscan. Otherwise, you could go for a Gen 2 7 Touch with no transducer, then purchase the HDI transducer which will plug right in. Then connect the two HDS units with Ethernet and have full waypoint sync and downscan on the bow. Many options for what you want to do.

NoCAL