New 2013 Shimano Reels

bantam1

New 2013 Shimano Reels

Post by bantam1 »

New 2013 Shimano Reels!

I am only going to post the bass and freshwater reels. I figure this is a bass site with little interest in the offshore rods and reels.

Chronarch CI4 150 and 150HG *Winner ICAST Best Freshwater Reel*

We have incorporated our latest CI4+ material into a low profile reel. The new CI4+ is a much more rigid version of the original CI4 material introduced in 2009 in our Stradic CI4 models. This was first used for the Magnumlite rotor on the Sustain FG model spinning reels. The lightweight carbon offers the angler reduced weight, compact size and corrosion proof properties. As with most composites, technology improves and we were able to make this material 200% stronger.

Chronarch CI4 150

Chronarch CI4 150HG

CI4+ is not the only feature for the new Chronarch model. We have added X-Ship gearing to the newest member of the family. X-Ship uses a double bearing supported pinion gear. By supporting the gear at both ends you have zero torque deflection of the gear under severe loads. This provides effortless cranking power when it is needed most. The added benefit is improved freespool and casting performance of the lightweight Magnumlite spool due to the reduced friction.

In order to achieve the best possible performance, we have changed our VBS braking system to the new SVS Infinity design. This braking system still uses the centrifugal braking concept that Shimano was known for, with some significant changes. The new SVS system still uses an internal brake that can be turned on or off. Beyond this we have added an external dial to fine tune the braking to match any anglers casting style or lure choice.

Above you can see where I have circled the brake friction. We have moved the braking force closer to the center of the spool. This allows us to provide a consistent braking force. With the VBS system it is reliant on the speed of the spool and limited to 6 settings which are on or off only.

The reduced size of the new brake shoe design allows for less overall friction points while offering exceptional braking force when needed at the maximum setting. The brake shoes vary in size from the contact point. This allows for better brake modulation in conjunction with the tapered brake hub.

The brake race on the new SVS-I is tapered in a cone or funnel shaped (brass colored part below). The external dial on the Chronarch CI4 moves the race in and out from the brake race on the spool.

In the picture above you can see the tapered shape of the brace race and contact with the brake shoe. The new “L” shaped brake shoe allows for different amounts of braking force depending on the position of the race. In this image you can see the maximum setting.

In this position we have minimum braking force. You can see the race is further up allowing the brake shoe to rotate to a smaller contact point.

The brake race is controlled via the external dial as seen above.

*Made In Japan*
6.5 ounces
6.2:1/7.6:1 (HG version)
26”/32” per crank
10/145, 12/110, 14/90 mono
20/150, 30/135, 40/105 Power Pro
11 pounds max drag with Cross Carbon washers
7+1 S-ARB bearing/ARB Roller
HEG with X-Ship
Swept Handle- This allows for less wobble on the retrieve.
CI4+ Carbon frame and side Plates
SVS Infinity braking system
Magnumlite Spool
Left hand versions available in October 2013
$269.99

Stradic CI4 +

Introducing the new Stradic CI4+. This series will use the new CI4+ material that I described for the Chronarch CI4 model. Along with the new material we have added the X-Ship feature. X-Ship not only uses the double bearing supported pinion gear, it also moves the pinion gear closer to the center of the drive gear. This allows for less torsional distortion under heavy loads and a much smoother retrieve. The end result is more cranking power when it is needed.

The Stradic CI4+ makes use of the Magnumlite rotor to further improve the balance of the reel by removing weight from the top end. This feature reduces the rotation weight providing a lighter handle rotation and precise handle control. It also helps us reduce the overall size of the rotor assembly. You can see the smaller profile machined handle shank and lighted spool skirt above.

We have also carried the Rapid Fire drag feature to the new model (Excluding Micro Line version). This provides a quick drag adjustment with less turns of the knob. We have changed the shape of the EVA knob to a more ergonomic design.

$219.99-239.99
1000FAML- 5.8 ounces, 4 pounds max drag, 6:1 gear ratio, 29” per crank
1000FA- 6.0 ounces, 7 pounds max drag, 6:1 gear ratio, 29” per crank
2500FA- 7.0 ounces, 15 pounds max drag, 6:1 gear ratio, 34” per crank
3000FA- 7.0 ounces, 15 pounds max drag, 6:1 gear ratio, 35” per crank
4000FA- 9.0 ounces, 20 pounds max drag, 5.8:1 gear ratio, 37” per crank
6+1 bearings all sizes

Symetre 500FL/Sahara 500FE

We have added the 500 size to the Symetre FL and Sahara FE models. They have the exact same features as their larger family members.

$99.99
SY500FL- 6.1 ounces, 4.7:1 gear ratio, 21” per crank, 6 pounds max drag, 4+1 bearings
$79.99
SH500FE- 6.2 ounces, 4.7:1 gear ratio, 21” per crank, 6 pounds max drag, 4+1 bearings
Big Daddy TR21

Re: New 2013 Shimano Reels

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Any chance they are going to bring the Calais 100 and 200 back?
Don't hate the Player, hate the game!!!
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I do not think we will see these come back. We have more releases coming around October and more early next year. Maybe there will be something you like...
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

They look awesome, send me a couple of each and ill let my client put them to the test, so far all my stradic's are holding up well to abuse from guiding. www.davehorstoutdoors.com
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

They have already passed our field test standards so we know they will hold up. We appreciate the offer!
Big Daddy TR21

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Any word on what might also be coming out?
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The official release date is October 21. I will be on the road so I will do my best to post the info from a remote location.
Big Daddy TR21

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Any word yet on what they will be coming out with?
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Weird it didn't go through. I made a new post that date.

Antares:

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... tares.html

Metanium:

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... anium.html