Nitro z18 elite ti 7 transducer location

Moderator: Ken Sauret

kmp87

Nitro z18 elite ti 7 transducer location

Post by kmp87 »

Looking for some advice on mounting a total scan transducer on a 2017 nitro z18. I want to maintain depth at high speed. I'm hoping there's some nitro owners who can give me some input on where there's are mounted. The install directions are vague an don't really give much detail. Any advice would help. Thanks!
basshol

Re: Nitro z18 elite ti 7 transducer location

Post by basshol »

Under the motor there's a flat spot on the transom which is below the water line
Edd

Post by Edd »

So these TotalScan xdcr's are somewhat of a pain to install properly. It can be successfully mounted on the transom on the starboard side. The key is to NOT use the screws that come with the package because the will not hold that big transducer at high speeds. You must use #10 x 1.25" stainless screws. The other item of great importance is to place no more than 3/4 of the xdcr below the bottom of the boat.

If you mount it to the step you will lose bottom moderate to high speed.
Edd

Post by Edd »

URGENT READ!
Guys I was mistaken on this post (thinking different brand boat).......IF you try to mount the TotalScan transducer to the transom you MUST keep it above the 'high speed' waterline and that sort of defeats the purpose of the TotalScan xdcr. The problem with the Z series is that portion of the transom is really thin....3/8-1/2" and any force will pull the xdcr from the transom. My suggestion on the Z series is to mount the LSS-HD transducer on the transom and install a shoot-through in the bilge for high speed depth.

Sorry for my confusion, Edd