Old Timer Nutcase, Dick Brimmer needs our prayers!

Cooch

Old Timer Nutcase, Dick Brimmer needs our prayers!

Post by Cooch »

A week or so ago Dick had an accident at Lake Shasta. As they were pulling the boat out, he slipped off the trailer tongue, and was drug over buy the boat and trailer. He's been in ICU for two weeks, he stabalized enough for the Drs to plate 4 of his ribs, mostly all of which were broken, and requires another surgery to the right side rib cage, he also poked holes in both Lungs. Needless ta say he''s been on a ventilator for a couple of weeks and they are trying to get him off that an onto a Bi-pap nasal machine. Dick's currently in ICU up at Mercy in Redding.

Godspeed my old friend and our prayers are with you! A big thanks to his wife Judy for letting me know this. Judy said to pass on to all of you who read this, NEVER, EVER, remain on your trailer tongue when pulling the boat out of the water. That is a safety No No!!!!!!!!!
mark poulson

Re: Old Timer Nutcase, Dick Brimmer needs our prayers!

Post by mark poulson »

Cooch,
Please pass my best wishes to your friend and his family. That sounds like a horrific accident!
Heal fast and get back out there.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DL

Post by DL »

Cooch wrote:Godspeed my old friend and our prayers are with you! A big thanks to his wife Judy for letting me know this. Judy said to pass on to all of you who read this, NEVER, EVER, remain on your trailer tongue when pulling the boat out of the water. That is a safety No No!!!!!!!!!
As i read this i wondered why on earth he was in the pinch point on the ramp. Either way I hope he heals and comes out of this with nothing worse than a good lesson. Get well soon.
"Feel the steel"
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Get better soon buddy.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Friday morning I got a chance to go visit and spend some time with Dick Brimmer. He's doing really well. I loved that big ole smile on his face as I walked around the corner into this room. First words out of his mouth, "Hey Cooch, hows that spring River bite now?" It's good Dick, but not near as good as seeing you today! Then I handed him his wrapped up bottle of Corona that I snuck in, "I know they ain't servin ya any of these in here, keep it on ice till yer ready!" Oh that lit him up like a Christmas tree! Dick still not out of bed yet, still recovering from the punctured lungs and the first rib operation, and he still has to indure a second operation on the other side of his ribs. So he's bed ridden, and not real happy bout it. Yet Friday he seemed in excellent spirits. He's still on the Bi-Pap breathing apparatus and will prolly remain in the Vibra Rehab center for awhile. He says, I'll be out in time for the Pro-Teen Cooch!