Oregon vs. Washington

Andrew Richter

Oregon vs. Washington

Post by Andrew Richter »

I have been blessed being able to bassfish in California for the past 17 years but now I have to go to college in either Oregon or Washington. I was wondering which has better bass fishing and more competitive tournaments. Which would be better at honing skills as a professional angler?

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/90 -->
Marc

Re: Oregon vs. Washington

Post by Marc »

Andrew,

Your question is somewhat hard to answer because there are so many variables. Suffice it to say that in either Oregon or Washington, there are many successful pro's that have come from both states. It will be up to you to make the most of whichever state you decide to go to college in.

I fish tournaments in both states, and was previously living in California like yourself. In Washington State you can fish team tournaments that draw over 100 boats, which is far more than any team circuit I know of in Oregon.

Don't worry about choosing one state over the other from the standpoint of learning bass fishing. Both states have pluses and minuses for learning. Go to the school that will give you the best education.

ciao,
Marc

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/93 -->