When does the striper run end?

Hitman

When does the striper run end?

Post by Hitman »

Any idea when they typcially are done with the migration and spawn? Just curious as to how long we can expect to catch big stripers.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
DeltaDan

Re: When does the striper run end?

Post by DeltaDan »

January-Feb are when the "HOGS" run through Martinez. That I know as those were always gut-hooked while at work-- but things out there have changed with the current age of cameras Image for port security and I can not longer test the Hog Season Waters myslef.......

Spring they run again- but stick more to the Sac River side more that the south delta I believe. --- But they ALL pass through Sherman no matther their decision to go North or South. Image
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
MrSkeeter

Post by MrSkeeter »

Mike,

It's done ... for me anyway ... now back struggling at the lakes. Heading to San Antonio in the AM ... saw at NOAA that this morning, between midnight and 6AM, the low was 10 degrees F!!! ... this is COLD for us Cali boys! :shock:
Chris
" ... An adventure is a disaster that fails to kill you. A disaster is an adventure that does ..."
[url=http://www.bassclassics.org]Bass Classics of Santa Clara[/url]
[url=http://5littleones.googlepages.com/index.htm]My Home Page[/url]
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Mike,

I'm with Chris on this one...my striper season is over.
It normally slows down considerably for me mid December and is completley dead by the first week of January.

I can get into them again around March when the spring run starts. But usually by then, I focus on the black bass fishing.

You can still try for them, but go upriver on the Mokelumne and it's finger sloughs.

Long
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Thanks guys....my experience has been that after the 2nd week of Jan it's over for me. I didn't know there was a spring run...hmmm. Guess I never paid attention...too busy bed fishing for bass:)

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Long said it... Mid December slows down, I take a few weeks off then start hitting Berryessa....
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"