Emptying Gas- Do you?

Share vehicle info.
DeltaDan

Emptying Gas- Do you?

Post by DeltaDan »

How many here disconect the fuel hose and run O/B till the carbs are empty before taking the boat out out of the water?

I do and was wondering if leaving fuel in there is either good or bad for the carbs?

Thanks
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Fishin' Dave

Re: Emptying Gas- Do you?

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Well, with a few items fresh out of the shop with new carbs, here's what I learned (well I knew, but forgot)

If you are not going to use a gas powered item for more than a month, do one of 2 things:

1. do as you described and burn all the gas out (best)

2. Add a fuel stabilizer and let the motor run for 10 min before shut down.

This new gas turns to laquer fast!

I think you are doing the right thing.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
CORAL 96

Re: Emptying Gas- Do you?

Post by CORAL 96 »

I would definetly as Dave said use a stabilizer. Seafoam works great for this as it not only will stabilize, but clean when you run it next. I "Would Not" run your carbs dry though. You'll want to keep all those seals & gaskets lubed in the carb. That is unless you like to rebuild your carbs every season!!!! :lol: :lol: