Congrats to DL....

Topwater Terry

Congrats to DL....

Post by Topwater Terry »

Sounds like he bested the SOBC field again, this time at the Parker Strip. Hopefully he'll have a picture of his 5lber on their site soon.
Terry
Brian D.

All hail the River Master... DL

Post by Brian D. »

I bow in your presence. Getting that 5lb kicker sealed the deal. Awesome dude... simply awesome. What a tight race for 1st - 4th place. Exciting to say the least. Will post pics and results when they are calculated.
SOCB_HawgHunter

Can I get a witness!

Post by SOCB_HawgHunter »

This was one of the closest two days ever! The top 4 positions were less then 1 lb from the leader.

Jonathan had 3 fish for 6.03, Brian Day, 3 fish for 5.73, Mike Hoffman 3 fish for 4.78, Darren Lacher 2 fish for 4.5.

Day Two is a half day from 5-12:00 this makes for a daunting day. Brian and I both had limits, and found some good size smallies in the river. We knew that third place had a limit and it would be a photo finish.

During weigh in emotions were way up, it was a game of ounces and that weigh basket was the key. When Darren walked up with two bags our hearts dropped, doh but where does this put him? After the finaly Tally Darren (the River Master) weighed in 11.0+ and big fish honors for the 5.0 lber. Congratulations Darren!

For those of you who haven't been out on the river latley everything below Havasu looks like coffee with 2 creams. Fishing is difficult, and challenging one has to put the bait right in the fishes face or you dont get bit.

It was a great weekend with Excellent Rib-Eye Steaks from Mike Hoffman and John Tisher. Ribbing each other, cathing up with old friends, and making new ones.

HH
Ron C

WTG Lager!!! *NM*

Post by Ron C »

DB

Nice DL..

Post by DB »

> Wish I could have been there with you guys... Oh well, next time... the skiing was great at Mammoth..

DB
CJ

Local advantage

Post by CJ »

Guess thats the last time the club will take a recommendation from DL on where to hold the next tournament. He's been on fire no matter where he's at. How's the points race going for this year so far?
DL

Thanks guys...

Post by DL »

...if the bite was not better on sunday I would have been fed to the fish gods. After a less than stellar pre fish I was taking some at camp friday night. I had to abandon the areas that I was counting on and had figure out something else fast. I got fish on completely different water than I had in the past. I sucked it up and figured it out enough to pull ahead. A little luck sometimes helps too!!

It was a great trip and I cannot wait for the next 2 day this summer!!

DL
DL

The top 6, after throwouts, are as follows....

Post by DL »

1.Daren Lacher

2.Brian Day

3.Jonathan Ashcraft

4.Phil Brown

5.John Tischer

6.Andy Shef