Hey Wooch!

NaCl

Better yet, hire him as a guide.

Post by NaCl »

Steve's knowledge is available to anyone willing to pay a reasonable fee for it. Why should he give away 20 years of knowledge for free?

Over the years, Steve has even chosen to avoid sponsorship specifically so he doesn't have obligations to give up his hard earned knowledge. He pays retail for his Brushhogs, Senkos, poles and reels just like anyone else. It has only been recently that he decided to pursue guiding on a regular basis and anyone wanting to tap this great resource can do so for a nominal guide fee. And, I can attest to it personally, one day on the water with Steve is like adding a whole year of experience on the delta. I caught my personal best with him on a bait he taught me to throw while fishing on MY boat and on MY water!

.....NaCl
Fishin' Dave

Re: Better yet, hire him as a guide.

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Dean stated the actual truth.

I know Steve, and he is not an article type a guy. He will show you what he knows for a days guide fee.

That's just the way he does business.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

nothing wrong with the way he chooses to be. Dean is right, this man has never sought out sponsorships, not even from a boat manufacture. Im sure he is not chargint 500+ for a day, I would assume it's about $350. That would be money well spent in my mind. He can teach you a world of information that you are seeking.

Dean hit the nail on the head though.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

ya know what I'd recommend, come down to some of the team events and the Pro events Steve fishes in. He is one of the few guys I will always stick around for and listen too. He's one of the few guys out on this river that will stand up there, tell ya the absolute truth, and give you what made the difference in his day. Then go up and personally congratulate and thank him. He's very personable and will talk to ya.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Here is one point I think guys should consider while going on a guide trip- is thier skill. You can pay a guy tons of money and fish his water and still not be able to get them like they do.
I haven't been out with Steve Sapp yet but am saving up the money to do so. I have heard him speak after a pro/am last year and I was amazed that he can catch his own fish and tell his am when(the am) is getting bit.
These guys are great fisherman cause they work hard at it. I went out with Bobby and swore that frog he was flipping had radar and could dodge tules and then softley land in the correct spot.
I had to come back...I know...