Speedo, Dan and the rest of you quitters...

Nlvbassin

Speedo, Dan and the rest of you quitters...

Post by Nlvbassin »

Its day 11,
I hope everone is sticking with it and if you had a laps I hope you give quitting another chance. Man its been an up and down 10 day and yesterday was a close call. I took the day off to do some pre fishing on Mead and the boat wouldn't
start again!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Thankfully I tested it before I left the house. I was really wanting a cigerate bad. But I keeped telling my self "I don't smoke","I don't smoke","I don't smoke". I ate a couple of mints (about 15 altoids) and dropped the trailer and just went to work for a couple of hours just to be around some very supportive employees. Watching FLW LIVE was also a great way to take my mind off the cravings.
Stick with it every one. We can do this together.

Take a kid fishing!!
Randall
MN

Re: Speedo, Dan and the rest of you quitters...

Post by MN »

Good for you and other's,i have an employee that quit about a week ago and i am about to send his butt home talk about B---CH
man he is driving every crazy. :roll:
Nozmo King

Post by Nozmo King »

Right on, man! Keep it going.

You’ve already passed the one-week milestone, which is huge. Most of the nicotine is already out of your body. Unfortunately, like the rest of us, your brain is still conditioned to want it whenever you are (1) bored; (2) excited; (3) trying to concentrate; (4) trying to relax.

It does take time for the stupid crap to wear off, but it will. I’ve passed the 80 day mark now, & the urges are less intense & less frequent. They’re not gone, but they’re slacking off.

Good luck! Now that you’ve escaped, time is on your side.
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Nlvbassin,
Still chugging along, no relapse in sight. I decided to use the reward method. For each week I have bought myself something, week 1 a new GL3 flippin stick from the hook, stopped by last night and loaded up on some lures. Next is the Aqua-View, when I get tired of fishing I can spend time lookin at them. Beyond that I have a trip booked for Mexico in May to go down to East Cape and tackle some tuna, dorado, striped marlin and possibly some inshore fishing. So I have plenty of things to occupy me.
Good luck and keep with it.
Larry Douglas

Like Dan McKenzie...

Post by Larry Douglas »

I decided early on to reward myself for quitting smoking. The money I normally would spend on smoking, I deposited in a cigar box in the closet. I quit smoking on June 6th of last year, so it's been 7 months plus for me.
With the money I've saved, I've replaced my roof, and bought a new recliner. I still have about $600 left and add to it daily. Next expenditure is a return trip to El Salto.
Randall....it's not impossible to quit. You've shown that already! Stick with it. You're doing great!

Larry Douglas
speedo

Post by speedo »

Day 12 now, and I'm still there with ya!! Had a couple of beers at Sierra Nevada last night, and driving home was the strongest urge I've had. It was gone by the time I got home.

I've been eating roasted peanuts at work like there's no tomorrow! I haven't weighed myself, but I'm guessing I've picked up a pound or two. I'm OK with that!

I like the idea of spending smoke money on fun stuff. I thik I'll start a fund for a new fishinder for my "bass rig" and maybe a better "trolling motor" (heh heh.) I did treat myself to a longer shaft on my current "trolling motor" Now I've actually got 75 feet of rode! (that's what "real" boaters call anchor rope, btw)

Hang in there!!

P.S. Anybody going out on Oroville this weekend? I think I'll be out in Albert so I can go inside and warm up periodially and fire up a pot of coffee.
Speedo
Bass Boat - 1978, 24' SeaRay "Albert Again"
Trolling Motor - 15# anchor and 50' of rode*

*I've upgraded. . . now I have 75' of rode!
speedo

Post by speedo »

Roll Call!!!

How are we all doing? Two weeks for me today. Who's still a quitter?

Facing major temptation today. Going to visit the boat and do some fishing. (I NEED LAKE!) This is my first time fishing or boating without smoking. Three packs of cigs on board still. They come off today, mostly so I won't have them out there later. Taking lots of roasted peanuts, too!

Continued good luck to all of you!
Speedo

Nlvbassin

Post by Nlvbassin »

I'm still hanging in there. I had to give the wife a lot of encouragement this weekend. She was ready to give up a couple of times. I really wanted to get out and do some fishing Sunday but I am still having problems getting my boat to start. I guess I need to take it to the shop and have them put it on the computer.
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Still hanging in there. Not so bad.
buzzfish

Post by buzzfish »

I quit on my wife's birthday, December 19th. I gave it to her as a present since I have quit at least three times for over a year and started again. I figured I couldn't take a present back though!

So far so good. There have been several times where I really wanted a smoke but have resisted so far. My bro quit too which has been a really big help as we fish together a lot.

Buzzfish
speedo

Post by speedo »

Just checkin' in with y'all. How are we still doing?

I had my first smoking dream last night. So realistic it's scary! Not having a lot of cravings, otherwise, but I'm still avoiding triggers and eating too many peanuts. (Forgot about the salt!)

Continued success to all of us!!
Speedo

Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Close....had my wallet, credit cards and 800.00 in cash stolen, a smoke would have fit the occassion, good thing I was too broke to go buy a pack.
Nlvbassin

Post by Nlvbassin »

I am still hanging in there. My wife said she has been having the smoking dreams. The cravings are almost gone. Just a few triggers to watch out for. Good luck to all and thanks for the support.
Nlvbassin

Post by Nlvbassin »

Thanks Bassbones
Take a kid fishing, See what happens!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SM4bcNcnqg
http://randallsartandframe.com/
speedo

Post by speedo »

Made another fishing trip on Oroville today, and I don't even remember thinking about a smoke. I even had a beer and didn't think about one!! This is getting easier.

DAMN, Dan. That sucks! If you can get through that without a smoke, I think you've probably had your toughest challenge. Way to go!

Continued success!!
Speedo

speedo

Post by speedo »

Hey Bones, thanks for the encouragement. I hear you about the smell of smokers. Good Lord, did I smell like THAT? That's one of my stronger motivators.

It's three weeks for me, and I still keep track! How's everybody else doing?
Speedo

speedo

Post by speedo »

Well, guys, who's still a quitter? It's been a little over two months, so I think I'm officially a non-smoker, now!

I kept finding cigarette butts on my patio and thought my fishin' buddy was cheating when he came to visit. He thought I was cheating when he wasn't there. Turns out it was the cleaning ladies. . . smoking the cigarettes I gave them from my boat!

I've been fishing a bunch of times now, and I really don't even think about it. I've changed some trigger habits, like sitting on the patio in the evenings with a drink and a smoke, or in the morning with coffee. God, I miss my patio!

Roll Call, gentlemen. Vegas basser? Mr. Douglas? I know there were a dozen or so of us. How many are we now?

P.S. Hey, Gator, when are you coming to Oroville? I think the steakhouse at Gold Country has a nice selection of single malts!
Speedo

MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I was wondering about you guys the other day. Stay with it!
I had to come back...I know...
Larry Douglas

Post by Larry Douglas »

I'm still hanging in there! Day before yesterday was 9 months for me!

Glad to hear that you're still not smoking.

I'm still rewarding myself by stashing cash that I would have spent on smokes. I'm currently sitting on approx $2,000, that would have literally gone up in smoke! That's a strong incentive for me.

Congratulations to everyone that's quitting the habit.

Larry Douglas
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Still smoke free here :D :D

NEVER AGAIN !!!
Kurt
Nozmo King

Post by Nozmo King »

Thanks for posting this again. I’m heading into week 20, still nicotine free. It’s weird, though. I’ve was cruising along, but then last week was rough. This week, much better.
Randy Yeager

Post by Randy Yeager »

My wife has gone about 70 days now without a smoke. I quit 15 years ago and didn't think she would ever quit.

I can't express how thrilled I am that she has finally taken the plunge.

She's at the point now where she's starting to comment on the stink when she passes someone that's smokin. Now, that is Way Cool!
Nlvbassin

Post by Nlvbassin »

I broke down twice and have been doing well since. I won't give in again!!!
Take a kid fishing, See what happens!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SM4bcNcnqg
http://randallsartandframe.com/
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Good stuff here. I hope you all can continue on with it!

My recollection is that Bones is in month 10 now and my wife Cheryl is in month 9.

Way To Go Everyone!!! :wink:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

Good job guys. It gets a lot easier the more time you put in between you and your last smoke. It's been a year and 3 months for me...
speedo

Post by speedo »

This IS impressive, gentlemen! Looks like we're all still doing well with the quittin'.

Keep on keepin' on!!!
Speedo