Lift kits

Share vehicle info.
Colebass

Lift kits

Post by Colebass »

Thinking of lifting my 2006 Dodge Diesel.

What kind do you have or like and why?

I heard the Tuff-Country rides rough from others. What are your thoughts?
Dave Cole
Skeeterman

Re: Lift kits

Post by Skeeterman »

Colebass, Im thinking of lifting my truck when I do I am going to go with the SkyJacker. From people ive talk to at shops around town they say the SkyJacker is a good quality lift with a good ride very smooth. Im going to have the guys at central4wd put it on. The shops ive been to these guys seem more noligable than others. They say Rancho is very good too. Scents you live in Rosevile go to Rocklins central4wd talk to them. Theirs a guy I can not remember his name but his is short and wares glass very nice guy.
Colebass

I see all kinds of you guys

Post by Colebass »

at tournaments with your rigs lifted.

So let's hear your recommendations! What have you like and what would you stay away from?
Dave Cole
Fishin' Dave

Re: I see all kinds of you guys

Post by Fishin' Dave »

DON"T!

Sorry bud, I know it may "look" cool. But it's a DIESEL! Made for towing and hauling! Keep it stock for ease of use, reliability, and cheaper tires!

I made the mistake once and lifted my 95 powerstroke. My only tip for you if you must lift it is to get new rear springs. Lift blocks are garbage in general, but the low end torque of the diesel will make your rear end hop, break u-joints, and be annoying. I ordered mine from National Spring. They were custom spec to my truck. Add-a-leafs suck too. If you are going to do it, do it right!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

I have to agree with Dave, even though I have access to some of the hottest stuff around. All of my past rigs whether lowered or lifted are cool to look at but the additional maintenance is a killer. My 4/6 slam Silverado kept bottoming out on the 5 freeway. My Suburban was a 2/4 with rear drop shackles, the braking was not as responsive I think due to the shackles length the spring moves front to back under hard braking. F150 8" lift you loose turning radius at the ramp and even with steering dampers the steering feels mushy.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
ripb8ts

Post by ripb8ts »

I agree with Dave & Dakine. Maintenance, repairs etc...
You may also want to check with your dealer and find out if it affects any of your suspension or driveline warranty.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Hey Colebass, dont let these comments discourage you from your dream vehicle because when it's done it will be something you'll be proud to show off. But just remember don't try to skimp or cut cost because it will cause more problems down the road. If your gonna do it do it right...Fabtech is my personal choice. :D 8)
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Just a heads up- It happens to some Dodges more than others...primarially the quadcab 4x4's 3/4 and 1ton's.

There seems to be an inherant flaw with some lifted Dodges and/or bigger tires resulting in what is know as "the death wobble". It is primarially due to the casters throwing off the balance of the drive shafts from what I gather.

You can read up on more about it on TDR- You have to be a paid member of there to use the search function and read other prior archived threads on the same subject.... but it is a Wealth of info for Dodge/Cummins. ~~~> http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Like I said there are ways to do it properly and avoid the dreaded "DEATH WOBBLE" just don't be cheap and try to cut corners.
MikeSouza

Post by MikeSouza »

All of my trucks have been lifted and have no regrets. From 4, 6, 8,9, and even 12 iches on regualr cabs, ext cabs and crew cabs. I'll say it again and will say it hundreds more times to many other folks. DO NOT GO CHEAP AND NEVER GO BODY LIFT. Do not tighten the hell out of the torsion bars(rides like crap and isn't good for the truck).

Right now I have a four inch on my chevy crew cab and haven't had any problems. Try to stay away for rear blocks, spend the extra cash and go with springs. I have an 8 inch lift I am going to put on my truck and it is all rear spring lift.

If you have any questions about lifts, rims, tires, brands etc. feel free to email me at Ridn9high@hotmail.com

Mike Souza
http://www.omegacustomtackle.com
http://www.savephace.com
http://fishingsponsors.com