Cul-m-rite Life Tags

John McHenry

Cul-m-rite Life Tags

Post by John McHenry »

Hey, has anyone yet purchased these new life tags culling tags by the makers of the Cul-m-rite? Just wondering if they merit double the price of most culling kits, and how the clip closure works. Thanks!
Semipro

Re: Cul-m-rite Life Tags

Post by Semipro »

I have the set and for the most part I like them. I had some concern about putting the rubber through the gills, but they suggest that you keep it to the outside against the gill plate and that appears to be safe. I don't think they cause damage to the gills if you are careful slipping them in. I DO NOT lift the fish with the rope! I just use it to guide my hand to the mouth and lip the fish. Work good for weighing on the Cul-M-Rite, they can "squirm" and not injure themselves. I think the clip needs to be modified. The clips work and the loop is closed but the "ring" that clips in is too small and doesn't fit on to the clip very well. It stays secure and it is easy to unclip, but I would prefer a better fit.

Steve
Gary Bradford

Post by Gary Bradford »

I have a set and I love'em. The surgical tubing is non-tramatic to the fish when you place it between the gill plate and the 1st line of gills. No more holes in the fish or clamping down on the mouth. The clips were made that way on purpose to lock in and make it easy to unclip when weighing in or releasing.
John McHenry

Post by John McHenry »

Thanks for the response Steve!
John McHenry

Post by John McHenry »

Appreciate your response Gary!
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hey John, I would like to look at your Life Tags some time. Maybe at the next tourney could I check them out?

ciao,
Marc