Delta Launch

Randall

Delta Launch

Post by Randall »

Where's a good place to launch a very small jon boat with trolling motor only for Largemouth Bass fishing in the Delta? I live in Danville in the Eastbay, and I have heard that I may get tipped over in some areas of the Delta. Looking for a calm nice place to tool around in our little boat and catch Largemouth. I can launch from trailer or by hand. Any advice would be appreciated.
Blue_R70

Re: Delta Launch

Post by Blue_R70 »

Some small boat launch spots. I'm sure other suggestsions will follow...

1) Trapper Slough - Small slough off Hwy 4 near Tracy. There's a decent sized turnout off Hwy 4 just east of the Tracy Blvd intersection but your best bet would be the north bank off Bacon Island Rd.

2) Brannan Island State Park - The swimming/non-motorized section is small but pretty sheltered.

3) Bishop Cut - You can hand launch off the levee at the intersection of Rio Blanco Rd and Eight Mile Rd. There's an open area right by the bridge when you turn right at Rio Blanco (look for the Paradise Point sign).

> Where's a good place to launch a very small
> jon boat with trolling motor only for
> Largemouth Bass fishing in the Delta? I live
> in Danville in the Eastbay, and I have heard
> that I may get tipped over in some areas of
> the Delta. Looking for a calm nice place to
> tool around in our little boat and catch
> Largemouth. I can launch from trailer or by
> hand. Any advice would be appreciated.
Corn

Post by Corn »

Try Russo's. You can fish in Piper Slough... lots of tourney fish are released there. Have fun!
Jonny Rockstar

Post by Jonny Rockstar »

Any of the launches on Bethel Island would serve you well (Sugar Barge, Russo, Sunset, Beacon) You could also try Disco Bay. Just because you are in a no wake zone does not mean there will be no wakes. Keep an eye open at all times.

Try Russo's. You can fish in Piper Slough...
> lots of tourney fish are released there.
> Have fun!
Les

Post by Les »

You may want to try Whiskey Slough off of Tracy Blvd.
Cooch

On any given day......

Post by Cooch »

fishing from a jonboat on the river can turn treacherous in a hurry. One of the best places to launch a smaller boat like this is down in Rock Slough. Take Delta Rd of Highway 4(Between LoneTree & Laurel). Go past the two stop signs and follow the road till ya come to the bridge. After crossing, you'll find many areas here to pull over and put yer boat in the water. You'll be really protected in here, especially if there is any North winds. More importantly, there is excellent fishng in here!

Good Luck!

Cooch
krandall

Re: On any given day......

Post by krandall »

Thanks for the info!
Appreciate it.