Thank You Kent Brown

RipNRodg

Thank You Kent Brown

Post by RipNRodg »

My motor would not start in the south fork today ( fouled plugs ) and Kent offered to tow me in. When we realized that the rope he had was not going to work he went and got the coast guard boat and they got me in. Thank You for turning around as I would still be on high 24. I replaced the cranking battery and the plugs and brapppp she fired right up. Kent may a 10 pounder find your hook in its mouth the next derby you fish....

Rodger, John and Brandon.
Craig Gottwals

Kent's a Good Man

Post by Craig Gottwals »

You are a good man, Kent Brown. A friend and I had a similar experience on Shagg Rock at Clear Lake on Superbown Sunday.

We launched from Clearlake Oaks and then the boat would not start. We had the motor lid off and trolled all the way accross to Glenhaven on high 24. Probably 6 boats zipped by us and didn't even slow enough to hear us ask for help. It was really disheartening.

We washed up on shore at Lake Place. At least once we got there Peg and Al saved the day. Al drove me down to get my car and helped us put the boat on the trailer. (Oh yeah ... I'd torn a ligamet on my ankle the same day hopping from my back deck to my cockpit while holding a marine battery).

Anyway, we ALWAYS stay at Lake Place and I have sent numerous friends over there too. What goes around, comes around. Kent will catch his pig.
kb

No problem Rodger

Post by kb »

>

I may be the one broke down next time or at least out of gas cause we all know Mercury's never let us down...well at least I hope mine won't. Glad you got in safe the wind picked up a bit more after you got in. Oh and I'll take a 9 if there aren't any 10's that want my hook.

See you out there
kb

My motor would not start in the south fork
> today ( fouled plugs ) and Kent offered to
> tow me in. When we realized that the rope he
> had was not going to work he went and got
> the coast guard boat and they got me in.
> Thank You for turning around as I would
> still be on high 24. I replaced the cranking
> battery and the plugs and brapppp she fired
> right up. Kent may a 10 pounder find your
> hook in its mouth the next derby you
> fish....

> Rodger, John and Brandon.