G3 bassboats

aNNieNsaLTIE

G3 bassboats

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

I saw one on the river yesterday w/ a 150 honda. two anglers were fishing from it. i noticed a little tilt when both were fishing on one side. how do the perform and how do they fish?

do all alumminum high performance series perform the same? triton, Xpress, g3?

Or should i just keep my heart set on that Basscat?
saLTIE-
Grant

Re: G3 bassboats

Post by Grant »

Hold out for the cat. I have had both and the only time a G3 will be better than the Basscat is in small skinny water. (Dont have much of that in this area of California) Aluminiums are awful to control in the wind.

I don't do a lot of running but I have never had more than 1 gas tank (25 gals) filled and can usually go 3 or 4 trips between fillups with a 225 opti. Get a good newer motor on your cat and you will have an awesome fishing package.
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

THANKS GRANT!

I will do that!

saLTIE-
markscolwell

Post by markscolwell »

I have a G3 HP 190 with an 150 HP HPDI. I love this boat, let me know if want to know more about it and I'll send a PM.
Whether in the military or in life, Service is the price for living!
SloppySeconds

Post by SloppySeconds »

Here's a nice article on the aluminum bass boats that are out there. It doesn't cover all of them, but will give you an idea of what you might expect. I thought it was a good read and was surprised at their top pick. I have seen the Xpress boats in person and they are indeed very nice.

http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?id=1015255

SS
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Great article. Thanks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

Being a long term fan of tin boats I will probably never convert to a glass based boat. Mostly because I like to drive it like I'm in a tank. There's some things you wanna do to get to the fish that if you had glass under you, you may think twice about. Glass and tin have their advantages and disadvantages.

My next boat will be the larger Xpress with max HP (90 + mph). Since there are no dealers in California, my next choice would be the G3. My buddy has one and loves it. He's a tournament angler and even after winning a glass boat, he chose to keep the G3. They are very nice boats and handle well. The lighter weight of aluminum does make it tougher to control in the wind but the other advantages (to me at least) outweigh that one disadvantage.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I agree with Kenji, there are a ton of places I would take my Tracker (when I had it) that I would not take a glassboat..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Pil9rotten

Post by Pil9rotten »

Mac! Don't tell me you don't have the Tracker anymore!! You didn't go glass on us did you? Nothing like the wind in your hair and uh umm the spray in your face when you hit TRACKER PAD!

"Hmmm...ever see a tin boat painted in Yamamoto #240 with gold flake?"

(Didn't think so :shock: )
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Mope, when my roomie lost interest in fishing, we ended up selling the boat and the tow..Since then I have been land bound with the exception of the great responses and rides I have gotten from the nutcases..I still don't get out as much as I would like, but at least I get out..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..