Looking for a good exhaust...

Share vehicle info.
Skeeterman

Re: Looking for a good exhaust...

Post by Skeeterman »

Heres a couple of good exhaust systems FlowMaster,Spintech and Magnaflow.I have just bought a 07 Titan. After looking at all the exhaust systems out thier those 3 I thought were the best ones. Out of those 3 the best for me was the Spintech the reason after studing their flow charts and sound Stech flowed more air than the other 2 and sounds a lot better than the others.You can go to Spintech.com to check it.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

I've been thinking the same way. I have a 2006 Chevy 2500HD (gas engine). Can I get measurable fuel/horsepower benefits from an aftermarket dual exhaust? My current mileage is crap, < 11 mpg half of which is done towing. I've heard most brands offer simple bolt on installations but would it be better to take it to a welding shop?

Thanks, Jeff C.
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Jeff,

If you are near Dublin, Ca. Go to Minute Muffler on Dublin Blvd. Scottie does a great job.

Your best bet for mileage will be a system. Start with a K&N filter, then if you can get headders do so. In California, the best you can hope for is anything from the cat back. I had Scottie go 3" exhaust from the back of my cat on my ford 460 to a 3" single in dual 2.5" out flowmaster big block series muffler. I picked up more power and MPG.

Best of luck!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
CORAL 96

Post by CORAL 96 »

I went with a dual-out Magnaflow 2 1/2 inch with exits out the back of the wheels on my 1999 Suburban 350 Vortec. I got the 14" size muffler which is louder than the 18" size. Sound is great & doesn't have that Flowmaster drone inside. Pretty quiet going down the freeway. Only really hear it when I'm on it or towing uphill. As for mileage, hard for me to tell if it really helped or not. Best I've ever gotten in the BEAST was 18 mpg on a trip back from the Grand Canyon (not towing of course)!!! :wink: