phils props

fishercurtis

phils props

Post by fishercurtis »

Just wanted to put in a good word for phils props. Sent out my yamaha stainless prop and got it back in less than a week. Looks like new. Put in on a test run Monday and didn't loose any speed either. Prices aren't bad either. Support those board sponsors. :D
Thanks
Curtis
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
David Rogers

Re: phils props

Post by David Rogers »

I sent my SS prop off my 175 Merc because my hole shot was shot and they took all the dents out and polished it to mirror like new and it was so bad it did not even look like a SS prop. When I got it back the hole shot was the same but I got a few more MPH out of it, but that's not what I wanted, they told me to send it back and they will put more cup on it for FREE, I am sending it back tomorrow. The guys there are very friendly and they are fast. I have been to the tackle shop before when fishing Shasta and they have a good solection of goodies to choose from.

There are my 2 cents:)
David 371V Rogers
phill strader

Post by phill strader »

The guys at Phils are definately the Gurus' of props...oustanding knowledge, service, and tech support. Take advantage of their tackle selection as well, awesome selection of Lucky craft, swimbaits, handpours, Ganns, lots of hard to find baits and colors. I've never been disapointed when dealing with Phil, Tony and the rest of the guys at Phils. Give 'em a call, or stop by.

phil strader
912nitro

Post by 912nitro »

I had a 18 foot boat, & I bought a new prop from Phils (for a spare ) which i had a couple of years, but had never used it.
When i bought my 21 footer, i called them & asked what kind of deal they would do for a trade in - upgrade to the correct size for the 225 hp.
I gave them all the info for the new boat & how much weight & gear i generally carried.
They told me to send it in.
That same week i got the replacement prop & all i had to do was pay shipping for it.
Phil definatly has my business when i need prop service.
Wise men STILL seek Him....
Mort

Post by Mort »

What is reasonably priced for prop repair/tuning? I know every prop needs a little something different, but what is the average for price?

Thanks
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

Price wise I paid $190 including tax. All 3 blades were chewed up from hitting a submerged rock. The prop was polished and shipped back to me in a week. Last year I bent 1 blade slightly and sent it somewhere else.(no longer in business, Skeeter dealer) and paid $320 and the prop came back 4 mph slower and took 2 months to get back. Thank god for the spare I had. I need to send Phils my spare when I get a little extra cash and have them rework it.
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
chf8500

Post by chf8500 »

Will be hard to find a better prop shop than Phils, been going to them for 15 + years, tell them what you want your boat to do and they will make it happen. Really great rigging if that is what you need also, all that and a super good guy to boot.
Any day on the lake is a great day