Toyota tundra quality--whow

Share vehicle info.
XMAN

Toyota tundra quality--whow

Post by XMAN »

just read that the best truck is toyota tundra 2x2 and also said the the worst is the toyota tundra 4x4, auto--go figure, first year quality problems----xman
socal

Re: Toyota tundra quality--whow

Post by socal »

i bought the 04 tundra double cab first year for that model. i got less then 300 miles, motor started knocking. long story short they ended up giving me a short block with new pass side head. the Pass side piston got shaving in it and scored the block. apparently they don't clean all the shavings out. i got a bumped up bumper to bumper warranty and a were sorry letter.

six months later drove from So Ca to Penn no problems drove like a champ last year drove it from So Ca to NM UT AZ never had a problem.
i want to trade and get a new one but i think i will take the service Managers advise and wait till next year, let them get the bugs out.
Byron

Post by Byron »

Does the Tundra also use the corigated plastic bed. What a poor choice by Toyota. Why would any manufacture use plastic for a truck bed floor.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I read the tailgates are collapsing under weight if you try to load an ATV in the bed.
bubba

Post by bubba »

I've 11,000 miles on my 07 Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 L v8 and have had 0 problems to date. I tow a 20' basscat and it flat outpulls my prior truck, a '97 F150 with the 5.4 Triton. The very first batch of 5.7L had a problem with the cams. It was isolated to a batch of cams from a vendor. Problem was resolved and there have been no further issues with the motor. There was also a problem with transmission failures with the new 6 speed auto. Again that was limited to a small production run and the problem has been resolved. Heard about the tailgate problem don't know the status of that problem.

First year of any model will have problems, its how the company stands behind the product and makes good with the customer that wins my hard earned dollars. I had repeated issues with my F150 where the ignition coils would fail every 9-12 months like clock work. Ford ignored the problem and I had to pay for the fix everytime. I got tired of paying for the truck to keep it running so they've lost my business.