Kids and Fishing License

Dom

Kids and Fishing License

Post by Dom »

Can someone tell me the age on fishing license? My daughter is 12 and my son is 7 and I was told by a customer today that they changed the law that everyone had to buy the license, I thought you had to be 16 to require a license. I have been out of the loop for about 18 months and now getting back into it (fun fishing, Done with the Game)

Thanks in advance and Tight Lines Dom :D
Tight Lines Dom
parker

Re: Kids and Fishing License

Post by parker »

the DFG booth at the ISE said you dont need one under 16
Parker
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

That's bull. It never changed. Disabled are still free too.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

16 and over need a CA Fishing Liscene ... and all Tag's necessary for other Sport Fish like Abalone reguardless of age and the Salmon/Steel Head punchcards ..... as well as the new punchcards for a limit of three per/person per/year for Sturgeon.

Word on the street is that they will be charging for the Sturgon tags next year .... And currently NTFW is pushing hard for the DFG and CA Congress to start/impliment a Turkey tag system that will be seperate than our current Upland Game Stamp.

...........Soon we will be required to have stamps on our fish at tourneys as well before we weigh-in. ~~ Mabey even before that day we will be outlawed from using Lead in any of our tackle in this state to further protect the CA Condor a a possible 34x cross bread pond duck that is a diver??

The South CA has been screwed over big time in both ways .... And will continue to be not only for the "Gunner" ... But the "Fisher" as well.

It will only be fair to all us anglers to "share the wealth" soon enoufgh to make OUR SPORT of sharing the Outdoors more in-line with cost and restrictions. Fair is Fair right ?? :roll: -- IT WILL HAPPEN DOWN HTE ROAD IN KA !! Image

Get involved SERIOUSLY in the DFG Commsion's meetings. If you thinkg your voice won't be heard you are seriously mistaken cause I have been there when the Anti's had out numbered. and what was even sicker that the "comercial" guides/party boat captains were 50/50 in a croud of 120 with the "Sport Fisher" For our INPUT on the CA DFG's Biologist unscientific findings that were lsoon later put into place ..... Just "not as harsh" -- We got 10 more inches. :lol:
Last edited by DeltaDan on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

Does anyone know if seniors need a license and if so what age would that be , my father in-law is 82 and out of state , would he need a license if I take him to Clear Lake ?
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

16 and over reguardless of age. Liscence and appropiate stamps as well as tags as deemed are necessary.

Page 3 on this link. ~~> http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/08-09 ... h-regs.pdf

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

the best deal for a child is the lifetime license...my gson is 7 and a fishin addict and at the time we bought his it was 350 plus...now granted he may not stay in CA but if he does he is covered for life...dfg webpage...jack
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Seniors need a license, out of staters need a license. Under sixteen do not, but need a licenesed person with them. There are lifetime lic. disabled/low cost lic and so forth. The best thing to do is go down to your local sport store, that sells them, get a fish and game rule/regulation book and read it, then go from there. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Dom wrote:Can someone tell me the age on fishing license? My daughter is 12 and my son is 7 and I was told by a customer today that they changed the law that everyone had to buy the license, I thought you had to be 16 to require a license. I have been out of the loop for about 18 months and now getting back into it (fun fishing, Done with the Game) Thanks in advance and Tight Lines Dom :D
Hey Dom, as other's have mentioned, they can fish with you under the prevlidges of your license, as long as they are under 16. With that said, also keep in mind, especially since yer fun fishin', that any species that you are fishing for, you must follow the bag limit rules for that species, as if only one person is fishing. So any fish you might choose to keep, you must stay within the limit of that species for one person. In otherwords, if yer striper fishing, the three of you can only take home 2 stripers. If yer on a lake fishing for trout, and the limit is 5 fish, that's all the three of ya can catch and keep.

Good luck and have fun with em! Oh, by the way, the catfish have moved into the sloughs in a big way and are gorging on cut Makeral after the sun goes down her on the river right now! A great oppurtunity for an evening, weekend, excursion with the kids!!!!!!
Duckman

Post by Duckman »

Seniors need a license, out of staters need a license. Under sixteen do not, but need a licenesed person with them. There are lifetime lic. disabled/low cost lic and so forth. The best thing to do is go down to your local sport store, that sells them, get a fish and game rule/regulation book and read it, then go from there. Bill K

You said that if you are under 16 you need a licensed person with them. I have never heard of that or you must share in the limit. When did this start?
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Duckman wrote:You said that if you are under 16 you need a licensed person with them. I have never heard of that or you must share in the limit. When did this start?
That's not what I stated, I said those under 16 can fish under the previledges of your liscense. The shared limit is what was explained to me by a DFG official while I was fishing Lake Shasta many years ago with my kids. It's a policy I have always followed since then.

As I have now this morning read through todays Regulation book at: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/08-09 ... h-regs.pdf

I can find nothing in writing in regards to this. So I'd have to say today, disregard that, if you are fishing with yer kids, you can have as many limits per person as allowed for that species! As I now sit and think about it, how many times do we see young kids down at the creek fishin and taking home their catch, I guess it really doesn't make sense to allow them to fish alone and keep what they want, yet restrict the adult who takes them out and limit their bag.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

As others have said, the kids don't need a license 'til 16, but some of the lakes that plant trout require all anglers to purchase their daily fishing access pass for $3-$4/ person.

To rant a bit, I would really like to see them change the age to 18 for kids or at least a more affordable license. I purchase my kids license, but for a kid who doesn't have an adult interested in fishing in the family, a license plus the delta enhancement is pretty expensive. Furthermore, the kid may only be going because he was invited and marginally interested and he/she doesn't go because of the expense.

DFG should be reaching out to attract the teens not making it price prohibitive.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Thanks yall! I thought so and I am sure my customer had great intentions(keepin my butt out of trouble :D)

Cooch thanks for the info yall might not believe this but I hate the taste of fish so I dont eat it, I know I should better for me then that big ol' steak but I put alot of work into this body getting it this big why would I want to go and ruin all my hard work by eating healthy? :D So limits are never a problem

Seriously thanks again for the info and the bite, I love catchin those cats. By the way you never mention that senko thing works in the spring! :shock: Thanks for that also :D

Tight Lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom