What is the best spinning rod under $100?

meanstick

What is the best spinning rod under $100?

Post by meanstick »

I need a couple of new rods and dont want to spend the big money . I am thinking about getting Pro Bass rods , Do you have any input?
Pro bass fishing guide and instructor
stlhd0521

Re: What is the best spinning rod under $100?

Post by stlhd0521 »

I think you should go with the Lamiglas Competitor Series or the Shimano Clarus or Shimano Compre. They are all great rods for the money and you can find them at most local tackle stores without having to order them.
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

My shimano crucial med heavy 7' for $60.00 plus shipping. I also have a couple of clarus 6'8" med heavy casting rods.
Just call me Tule bender
Chaozu

Post by Chaozu »

Get the Clarus, that rod is awesome and a damn good price with a lifetime warranty. If it breaks, you can take it back to where you bought it and they will exchange it no questions asked.
Ryan Margone
Phil

Post by Phil »

BASS PRO EXTREME 60 MILLION MODULES SERIES WOO DAVES SERIES VERY VERY HARD TO BEAT !! I NOW HEAR THAT THE PRO QUALIFIER 70 MILLION MODULE SERIES ARE ON SALE WOW !!
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

My vote is for the Clarus Rod, hands down the best bang for your buck.

Price range from ~$50-60 if I'm not mistaken (might be able to find one cheaper on ebay) But and excellent rod, relatively ligh weight and the Shimano warranty

BassManDan
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

I have both the Clarus and the Woo Davies....can't go wrong with either one but...

The Woo Davies rod ROCKS!...great sensitvity, balance and power.
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

St crois(premier model) Lamiglas and shimano all have good rods for around 80-100 dollars. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

Bass Pro spinning rods have worked well for me over the years, but Shimano's Clarus rod with the lifetime warranty is what I have purchased in the last year or so and been very happy with their value and performance.

The Clarus line fills a great niche actually better then the BPS. You get a great price point, lifetime warranty, can handle the rod prior to purchase and support your local shop.

BPS you have to add $6 if the rod is 6' or more, shipping and sales tax since they have a store in SoCal and I don't think they have a lifetime warranty. Oh and you have to wait for your new toy to be delivered.

Things to consider.

Scott
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Walmart carries the single piece Berkley "Tactix" series and the "Lightning" Series spinning rod for $45 and under for almost every application you would wish to use a spinning rod. (as long as they have them in stock)

Would not hurt at all to take a looksie and see something in person -- rather than buying something in the blind ~ that are of great quality, good parabolic bends, kick points and cheaper still. Image

~~~> http://www.berkley-fishing.com/cat.php?k=50172&sk=50172

Tactix -- http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php ... 0172&u=TXS

and --

Lightning -- http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php ... 0(1114576)

Right now they even have a rebate direct from Berkley's site -- If you find one that you like in stores ...you still get the rebate as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUY ANY BERKLEY® TACTIX™ ROD, AND GET A $10 CASH BACK REBATE. Click here to get your mail-in coupon
and
BUY ANY BERKLEY® LIGHTNING ROD™, AND GET A $5 CASH BACK REBATE. Click here to get your mail-in coupon
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
meanstick

Post by meanstick »

Thanks for the help guys . Now I can go get some rods
Pro bass fishing guide and instructor