How's that workin' for ya Sarah?

For political discussions
Greg_Cornish

How's that workin' for ya Sarah?

Post by Greg_Cornish »

By the way, as has been pointed out, Palin backed abstinence-only education during her 2006 gubernatorial race. In an Eagle Forum Alaska questionnaire, Palin gave this response to the following question:

Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

Palin: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
delta1124

Re: How's that workin' for ya Sarah?

Post by delta1124 »

ouch, that's got to hurt!
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

So what? Kids have been falling in lust and screwing since time began and they don't usually tell mom about it. The only kids I knew that never had sex were dorks like you two. Only dates you had were with Rosey Palm. :D
CharlieS.

Post by CharlieS. »

Ringer wrote:So what? Kids have been falling in lust and screwing since time began and they don't usually tell mom about it. The only kids I knew that never had sex were dorks like you two. Only dates you had were with Rosey Palm. :D
Exactly!! I wonder how many knowitalls that read this didnt have sex prior to marriage. What a joke . I dont hold SP responsible any more than I blame television for over 60% of adults being over weight ,including that read this . Its a personal decision . But I hafta say...laughing..sure is alot of "ohh did ya here this?" about her. Hmmm,worry a bit much I guess
Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life.
Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honor.
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

LOL

When does personal responsibility start?

Please.
Kurt
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I can answer that! Personal resposibility starts right after your girlfriend visits the doctor and the rabbit dies. Happened to me 40 years ago and at 18 it was a bit of a shock.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I agree that abstinence should be number 1 thing stressed to teenagers. Having said that, my cousin and I are the same age. One night before going to a dance at 16 years old, my uncle stopped him and said, "**** don't start having sex before you are married, please. I'm trusting you. However, take these in case you are stupid enough to go against my wishes, " and threw him a pack of Trojans.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

Hmm,
I kinda think personal responsibility starts BEFORE the situation gets to a dead bunny. Leastways that's what I was taught. What happens after the bunny dies is owning up to the consequences of your initial lack of personal responsibility.
On another earlier note, I believe in hard facts, not lies, and if you really check the facts, Obama did not get a sweetheart deal on the HOUSE he and his family live in from Rezco. He bought his house at the same time as Rezco without any dealings with Rezco on that purchase. They were neighbors, and what Obama did do with Rezco was buy a part of Rezco's backyard to build a bigger play area for his daughters. What Obama admitted after the fact (not knowing at the time of purchase that Rezco had broken laws) was that in retrospect it was a bad idea to purchase anything from this guy Rezco. The article on this is in the Washington Post, which is not sympathetic nor supportive of Obama, but at least does not tell lies.
You said that Palin's daughter's pregnancy, AKA the single mother issue, should not be used to beat her up. I agree, the kid did something dumb, and now will have to suffer the consequences of that, and should not be picked on. What bothered me was your referral to Obama's mom being a single mother - er, I can assure you that Obama was not in a position to address or prevent that issue (not born yet), and so has no liability, nor for that matter should his mom, since we don't know all the facts on her and Obama's dad.

Good luck, and God Bless,
Rob T
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I think you are incorrect on the Rezco connection. Obama bought that land for half of the market value which was a significant sum. Not chargeable but not right either. The bigger Rezco connection is now with Biden who got his son and brother involved with the financial institution that Tony Rezco was with. Biden's kid got hired for $1.2 million a year with zero experience. Face it no one starting out poor and serving in a salaried government position can explain becoming multi millionaires. All crooks and in both partys.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Oh man, if someone offered me land at half price I'd turn it down. :)
Marty

Post by Marty »

But Greg if you gave way fishing spots to the one that gave you the land at haft price – I would be piss!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Marty wrote:But Greg if you gave way fishing spots to the one that gave you the land at haft price – I would be piss!
I hope you meant pissed ;-)
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Hmm,

On another earlier note, I believe in hard facts, not lies, and if you really check the facts, Obama did not get a sweetheart deal on the HOUSE he and his family live in from Rezco. He bought his house at the same time as Rezco without any dealings with Rezco on that purchase. They were neighbors, and what Obama did do with Rezco was buy a part of Rezco's backyard to build a bigger play area for his daughters. What Obama admitted after the fact (not knowing at the time of purchase that Rezco had broken laws) was that in retrospect it was a bad idea to purchase anything from this guy Rezco. The article on this is in the Washington Post, which is not sympathetic nor supportive of Obama, but at least does not tell lies.
Good to see some new blood around here Rob but something you'll find out soon enough is that there's no use trying to enlighten the conservatives on this board with the truth. They're so invested in their own warped view of the world that they won't listen to reason.
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

LOL

Face it, your so called "truth" and "reason" are your warped view of the world and you're just as enamored with it as we are with ours.

Here's hoping we outnumber you again on November 4th when it really counts.
Kurt
steve0806

Re: Must be great to be a liberal

Post by steve0806 »

Your daughter makes a mistake and becomes pregnant. Damn, there goes my entire career! Well, just kill it and go one with my career.