Fish are moving in

185vsfrog

Fish are moving in

Post by 185vsfrog »

I fished West Delta today for two hours and caught at least 40 fish on the turn of the tide on spoons. Every cast until I had to pick the kids up from school.......I was spooning in deep water and couldnt even get to the bottom most of the time. Question is how do I catch the bigger fish. I caught fish up to 6 lbs with most undersize...Maybe I should move around and look at other spots????......They definitely are moving in though............. :)
DAN

Re: Fish are moving in

Post by DAN »

There are a ton of small stripes in right now, larger fish are coming on the incoming turn on schoals and mids river humps.... Keep chasing them try the Dan's Classic Shimmer Jig in 1 oz White Kelly with Chartruse trailers are great choices... Big Fish Like Big Top Water baits as well Big AC MINNOWS http://www.acplugs.com
are favorites of mine
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Very Nice Froggy !!

Was that you working the point prolly around 0645'ish.. in a white ranger with blue markings on the side today ??

If so -- You were 1.5 hours late already !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Git out in the flats in BB, inside the openings or near an extended tulle point. Chuck a giant topwater, Pencil Popper, Super Magnum Spook or Punker, fish it slow and methodical, HANG ON and bring the fibulator!!!!!!!

Not a lot of em in right now, but if ya are on the water from about 5:45-6:45am, and it's calm, there are some giants showing up! We've had some freight trains come through this week, but have not had em eat it. Still early, the past three days of warming seems to have backed em off, have patience or go further west! Our best fish this week, a couple of 10-12 lbers, have all come on the big DD 100 Pointer Jerkbaits. Rattle traps, paddle tailed swimmers, spoons and Hair raisers seem ta work on them schoolies when ya run into a pack of em. Still sporadic for me at best.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Thanks Cooch. I think that is my problem. I have to drop the kids at school at 7:50 am. Cant get on the water till 08:15 or so. Once the sun is up good, seems like the bigger fish move deep.I can catch them spooning or jigging a rattle trap. Had a bunch of small ones again around the Antioch Bridge and the Sherman run outs. Made a run to Brown island by Pittsburg Marina at the turn of the tide. Snapped one off on a rattle trap and caught two more, but nothing to write home about. Wound up with 40 + fish mostly all dinks with three in 4 to 5 lb range. Thanks for the tips. I will figure these fish out someday.........
nelsonlui

Post by nelsonlui »

Hello guys Cooch Mr Frog,

I was wondering if you can give me some tips on spooning between the break, antioch and Sherman. I usally fish the top water, swim baits, and traps, but those are hit and miss. Can you provide me some tips on what you are looking for when you spoon on the finder. The channel leading from the break to shermans is quite wide. Are you spooning on the main river, or the small inlet outlets leading to sherman? What depths are you working? I'm going out on Saturday and any tips would help. There are depths out there ranging from 9-35 feet. What should I look for? Should I search for the deepest channel and just start there? I am planning on starting early and trying for the big ones on the flats at BB which I have good confidence in. But later, I would love to learn how to spoon a bit more.
Rydaddy

Post by Rydaddy »

Lunker plunker early out in Pittsburg huge fish our crushing this 9 inch trout I have never been skunked in the am on this bait throw hammers and and jigs later in the day My biggest striper is 20 lbs thats on a rattle trap that will soon be broken thanks to the lunker plunker I have had huge fish show themselfs on this bait and some take it hard to set that big bait into the fish some just hook themselfs its on like king kong out here lots of fun lol
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Rydaddy, thanks for the tips. Are you fishing in front of pittsburg marina (Brown Island area)? BTW its called a Lunker Punker, not Plunker. I will be out in the morning from Lauritzens. I will post with any results.
Rydaddy

Post by Rydaddy »

Its a Plunker black dog baits makes it I fish in front of Pitt all around that island is really good from there to broadslough is great fishing
ugly stick

Post by ugly stick »