Latest Striper Action - Saturday Oct 25

Hitman

Latest Striper Action - Saturday Oct 25

Post by Hitman »

Spent Saturday out on the river. Launched out of Brennan and headed out to the Sac River. Fished at the south end of the island just downriver from Brennan. Many boats anchored and trolling. 15 minutes into the morning we hook a giant striper on a chrome rattle trap. After a few minutes it throws the lure...dang! Not another bite in the area so we head into Sherman. Lot's of boats in Sherman but no catching going on so we head to the Break. Found a school of keeper sized stripers on the flat just outside the break. Finally some decent action. We head to Franks and False river were we found some more keeper sized action. Worked our way down to Orwood and fished the bridges - nada! Finished our day back where we started and got another keeper. No giants other than the one we lost in the Sac. Where are all the bigs one at right now.
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
JustinD

Re: Latest Striper Action - Saturday Oct 25

Post by JustinD »

The big girls are around just wait for the next full moon.
LL South
gsc686s

Post by gsc686s »

Started the day in Milldred fishing all of the breaks, nothing. Fished a few banks in Lathom slough and nothing. Moved and tryed the mouth of the mokelumne river back to the first bridge in fornt of perry's, NOTHING. Fished sevral breaks in fraks, NOTHING. Finally stuck one scholl sized fish on a break in little franks. Not a good day just could not find a scholl of fish to save my life. Talked to lots of other people who said it was slow.
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

I caught probably 10 stripers in the morning of a largemouth tourney. Nothing giant maybe up to 6 lbs. All on top water.
LL South
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

What area Justin?
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

All in the central/southern portion of the river. We were limited to specific areas in this club tourney and I just kept finding the wrong species but at least still catching something. May the south delta rise again.......since everyones kind of stuck on Sherman/Big Break/Franks.
LL South
Rydaddy

Post by Rydaddy »

went out sat . early morning top water when first light one blow up and hoked it on my punker up to 8 lbs that was it for topwater most of the time have at least 5 our more blow ups not this day .Moved out to the main river and got a 13lb on a pointer on the pause got a bunch of 22 inchers on rattle traps could be better but any day is a good day on the water work is slow have the day of tommrow will post on the fishing
gsc686s

Post by gsc686s »

what area of the river were you fishing?
bustout

Post by bustout »

went out the 24th for a few hours....drifted a minnow in port of stkn, nada moved out to the channel towards lost isle....nada

on my way back stopped near a rock wall and threw a spook...2nd cast 18incher...next cast 8lber !!! tough to bring in on bass tackle 10lb test. caught antoher 4 18inchers and done at 8am

all fish came from the exact cast location...moving a little left or right of the spot resulted in no takers....several of them missed it on the 1st try but kept coming after it

what a blast....forget the minnow....top water !!!
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Did a striper guide trip two days ago and caught alot of shakers on Pencil Poppers. In the afternoon went to Little Manderville and the client caught a 9lber on white Lunker Punker and a 15lb on a Black MS Slammer.

Day prior caught a ton in the North Bay of Franks and the cuts using rattle traps and Pencil Popper's. Watch for the birds.

As if today the 28th the bait is scattered with no real bird action. Most are just sitt'in an waiting for something to happen. Going out tonight in Franks

Rich Thiel
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
spanky99

Re: Latest Striper Action - Monday Oct 27

Post by spanky99 »

I just moved to Sherman Island last year and usually try to get out about four days per week but because of work only for a few hours in the evening. It seems like last year the fishing in the lake was better for me, however my work schedule allowed me to fish more. I've been kind of struggling, catching alot of smaller fish with a few 8lbers here and there, but spotty at best. I have had a few blow ups on topwater and a AC Minnow but no takers, with most of the fish being caught on rattletraps. I haven't ventured out at night, do you guys normally use the same tactics? With the time change around the corner, my work schedule is going to start interferring with my fishing. I'd be willing to trade a back seat for someone that would share some knowledge on striper fishing in this area.
Rydaddy

Re: Latest Striper Action - Monday Oct 27

Post by Rydaddy »

Went out today tuesday,Fishing was tough not one blow up on top water in the morning .Moved around and brought in a few shakers on hair raisers I even did a little lgm fishing until yhe tide moved in .Around 11:30 brought in two fish one 7 lbs one 9lbs one on raiser one on rattle trap .I always fish out of pittsburg My top water fish come in broad slough and sherman lake in the morning I fish browns island a lot when there is no wind and spoonville honker bay I fish this places none stop for about 8 years time on the water hepls a lot I think .whats up with night fishing been thinking about doin it on the full monn ?Same spots as day ?Topwater all night ?Do you cutt of all lights but one run light can you see when fishing I take it your eyes probley get used to it after a while and adapt .Most of the good topwater bites in the morning seem to happen when water is high on the out go Fish on
spanky99

Re: Latest Striper Action - Wednesday Oct 29

Post by spanky99 »

Fished the last hour of daylight in Sherman Lake. Father in law threw a rattle trap and I threw a pencil popper without so much as a strike or blowup. I think maybe some rain would help. Beautiful weather though, topwater looked so good, I would eat it but the fish didn't think so.