boat advice

Keith

boat advice

Post by Keith »

im looking to get a new boat next sping.I dont make a ton of $ so i was looking for about a 18' boat. i was looking at the Tracker 18pro and the tracker avalanch. maybe a nitro maybe a procraft. anybody have any 1st hand knowledge or advice for me.
i currently am fishing out of a 89, 15' champion w/ a 90hp if any 1 is interested
MN

Re: boat advice

Post by MN »

I'm not sure anything can handle clear lake at it's worst can it??
CORAL 96

Re: My choice would be that 22' Champion but................

Post by CORAL 96 »

we were talking about cost, and at a price-tag of 50k new depending on which motor you choose, I'll stick with my Coral and the full windshield, thanks!! Now, back to something in the AFFORDABLE category, you can't go wrong with Procraft. Nicely built boat even if Tracker owns them now. They still use their old Procraft facility to build them. An 18' Pro with a 175 Opti is hard to beat price-wise. Also, eventhough they were out of business for a time (Now Venom Boats) ya can't shake a stick at an old Viper. Although, you'd have to get her in a 19', but you could move your motor up to a 200 hp. Good luck!! Lot's of choices out there when it comes to boats!!! :wink:
Gator

Post by Gator »

Keith - I know that you are already a boat owner but you may get some insight reading my article titled "Buying a Bass Boat - Do your homework". You can see it by clicking on the Library link.
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

I might be in your shoes next year too...looking for a new bassboat, but nothing too big or expensive. Personally I cant see paying $30k plus for a bassboat....a saltwater boat yes, bassboat no. But anyway, with the crazy cost of gas, I'd recommend a 17 or 18' glass rig, or a large aluminum like you have looked at. Id try to stay in the 115-135 4 stroke range of motors, for sake of fuel economy. People talk smack about Nitros but the newer ones, like the NX series are damn good looking boats and you can get one at a great price. The 17-18' Skeeters and Tritons are also gorgeous little boats and will move you along well w/ a modest engine. One of the nicest aluminum bassboats I've ever seen is made by Xpress, but I dont think they have a CA dealer. Check out their site www.xpressboats.com and youll see what I mean.

Paul W
Jim Conlow Sr.

I will be selling my Legend

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

I have a 2005 21 foot legend that I will be selling in November or December. It is a Pro team boat with low hours on the 225 Merc Optimax. Both Legend boats and Mrecury will transfer a new boat and motor warranty if I sell it before it is a year old which will be towards the end of December. My opinion is that the Legend is the finest Bass boat on the water.
We will have a new legend dealer, who is also an authorized Murcury service center, close to the Delta in the very near future. This Dealer will be able to handle all of your warranty and service needs if you buy my boat.

Jim
Jim Conlow Sr.

Yes there are some that can

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

yes there are some boats that can
sTony

Post by sTony »

Why not take a look at the G3 HP series of aluminum boats?

http://www.g3boats.com/HPSeries/default.php

I'm getting the HP200 but they also make the HP170 and HP180, 17' and 18' respectively. The hp180 is a slick boat and can accommdate a 90 to 150 HP motor. Easier on the gasoline towing dollar and also running in the water. Go four stroke and save a few more dollars on what's become expensive oil also.

And, yes, I'm on the national pro staff and would be glad to recommend you to a great dealer.

sTony
Keith

Post by Keith »

tony- is there a dealer in the sac. area? more info would be greatly appreciated . thank you for everyones feedback.
Ken C.

As far as I know,

Post by Ken C. »

The closest to Sacramento is Adams Marine in Suisun City http://www.adams-marine.com/. Next would be Diablo Marine Service in Martinez. You might want to give Galaxie Marine in Newcastle a call as they just started carrying Skeeter boats which is owned by the same company that owns G3 so they may handle them as well. They are a board sponsor and you can look them up on the sponsor link above.
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
sTony

Re: As far as I know,

Post by sTony »

Ken got it correct, those are your closest dealers to Sacramento and giving Galaxie a call might prove fruitful as they're even closer to you. My dealership is Aim Marine in Lakeside down by San Diego as I travel to Southern California frequently for business. They sell more G3 boats then anybody on the west coast and I can give you contact info for them if you wish.

sTony
Net Man

Post by Net Man »

You may also want to look at a bost certificate, there is going to be a lot for sale in the next few coming months with all the tournament of champions coming up. People wil be selling them at way below value.
jeff bradshaw

I just happen to be selling a Nitro 882!

Post by jeff bradshaw »

I am selling a Brand new 2005 Nitro 882sc with Opti-max 175 loaded.....boat is still at dealer.
eddybilt

Post by eddybilt »

Keith,
I brought a new 93 tracker TX17 with Johnson 60. I had nothing but problems with the engine. When it ran it was ok. The down side of an aluminum boat is that when it's hot out everything is hot. I sold it and brought a used 93 Champion 190DC with a Merc 200. It's a narrow beam but it rides great. I've been all over central and northern california fishing and if given the option of trading it in for a newer champ....I wouldn't. I shopped around and found this boat in Anaheim a couple of years ago. And at a third the price of a new one It was definatly worth it. Check out anglers maine website. Good luck.
Ed
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

I have a 17' Javelin/90 hp. There is no doubt it is cheaper on total cost, cheaper to haul (gas), cheaper on gas on the boat too. If you get the bigger one all costs goes up. Why do you need a bigger boat ? The only difference between big and small is room, speed & cost, none of this will make you catch more fish. Get what is in your budget and injoy. I think the Stratos 17' is the widest glass small boat out there and cheapest. 15 or 16 grand I think with a 90hp. and it would be new.
If you go over budget you will not get to go fish as much.
Some of these guys in the tourneys just like to be flashy and go fast and pass other boats but that wins you nothing LOL! :lol:
Don.