Stripers from shore?

FR0G

Stripers from shore?

Post by FR0G »

Can anyone help me find some good striper fishing from shore? I am located in Brentwood, and want to go catch some stripers. I don't want to drive far. How is the striper action up by Humpreys in Antioch? Oh yea, I am only throwing lures too. Mostly spooks and rattletraps.
Cooch

Re: Stripers from shore?

Post by Cooch »

Head on down to Whiskey Slough! You can drive out that Levee road between Whiskey and Jones Tract fer 10 miles!!!!!!!!!
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Closer still -- You can also park in the Disco Bay Marina parking lot .... and follow the levee down to the main Indian entrance -- and beyond all the way to the hwy 4 bridge all you want. Take a bike even and hit more spots faster.

The good part is that there is not much grass along the shorelines anymore right now. -- There is also excelent Carp Fishing on the other side of the levee to the pumps at the far end for light line tackle fun with dough balls. Just steep sides.

If you fish by the Condo's -- You do have the risk of being run off by the DB Security.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
FR0G

Post by FR0G »

Thanks Cooch for the reply! I have been to Whiskey a few times and love it! But, I have no job right now, and it takes a little bit of gas to get down there. I wish I lived a little closer, I had the best time fishing there when I ran into a bunch of stripers a couple months ago. Hopefully I can get a job here soon so I can get my boat I just got for free up and running!
FR0G

Post by FR0G »

I went out to the discovery bay marina, and only walked about fives minutes past the boat launch. Got nothing, but it was dead calm, and I saw no busting stripers. Did you mean for me to go all the way down that trail to where it opens up to indian slough? Is it better fishing there? I may just go the extra distrance the whiskey since I know there is fish there.