Aimless and shameless

12lblargemouth

Aimless and shameless

Post by 12lblargemouth »

Hey fellas, I am gonna head out tomorrow and try to round up some strippers, I mean stripers? Anyways I was wondering how the bite has been the past few days and some generalized info? SE end, NE, Disco? Top, spoons, SB, bait, and do you guys think I would be better served to fish the evening more so than morning with the moon phase?

So what ever you can part with, is greatly appreciated!!!

thx 12lb
Cooch

Re: Aimless and shameless

Post by Cooch »

Last week during the full moon, the morning bite really slowed down, and the stripers seemd to go deeper, yet that bite in Franks Track from 7:00pm-1:00am was off the hook on pencil poppers fer 4 nights, then on Friday night, it just ended like that and weve not caught a single fish at night in the Tract under that fading moon the past 3 nights. They are showing up in the morning again in several different areas.

Warming trend has slowed the topwater some, they are not chasing rattle traps or Ripbaits in the midrange, yet they are still bopping the Big pearl Hammers and the Rodstrainer Shim Jigs with regularity fished right off the bottom the past two mornings. We had an excellent moring out there today up until 8:30a when it was time to go ta work and git back home. A lot of smaller schoolies, yet several nice fish in that 8-13 pound range!