Goodbye K-Rod

Sports talk forum
DL

Goodbye K-Rod

Post by DL »

Just heard a report he turned down a 3 yr-$34mil deal form the Halos and is considering a 3yr $37 mil offer from the Mets...

Dont the door hit you in the *** on the way out. Your spot will be filled by Shields and Arrendondo..
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Re: Goodbye K-Rod

Post by some guy »

yup done deal. Texiera is our main focus. I knew he was gone after this season anyway. We cant afford to keep everyone and we can replace him easily.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Angels are showing interest in Fuentes. I think his price will be high but less than K-rod would have been. WHen the tex situation gets resolved I think you make a run for Fuentes. Kerry Wood is now off the market w/ the indians. There are other options out there. Nice to see some baseball talk.
some guy

Post by some guy »

i honestly dont think they are going to spend any money replacing the closer. I think Sheilds will take on that role until Arredondo is ready to handle it. They slowly molded him just like they did with K-rod.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

The cubs may be getting Peavy from the Pads.. They have to give up Derosa, Vitters, Pie, Marquis. But how does this rotation look:

Peavy
Zambo
Demp
Harden
Lilly

That would be the strongest rotation in bball
we're getting a lefty bat as well, Not Milt Bradley though, Ibanez or Abreu. If Abreu hits in Wrigley he will add 6-8 hr's to last years totals
some guy

Post by some guy »

I read the same thing. I love the winter meetings.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
g-man

Post by g-man »

some guy wrote:i honestly dont think they are going to spend any money replacing the closer. I think Sheilds will take on that role until Arredondo is ready to handle it. They slowly molded him just like they did with K-rod.

+1 bye K..F###! We need to get Texiera, but Boras is a bish, and demands way too much money! I heard that the Angels are looking at other bats to fill the whole.
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

its not the money they are scared its the length of the contract Texiera wants that makes the Angels a little nervous. The guys asking for 10 year deal. They are using Manny as bait to get the length of the contract down to something more fitting to Moreno's plan. Texiera will stay with us , just going to be a drawn out battle because that's how bich ayz Boras is.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
g-man

Post by g-man »

some guy wrote:its not the money they are scared its the length of the contract Texiera wants that makes the Angels a little nervous. The guys asking for 10 year deal. They are using Manny as bait to get the length of the contract down to something more fitting to Moreno's plan. Texiera will stay with us , just going to be a drawn out battle because that's how bich ayz Boras is.
News reports say that the Angels made the offer of at least what all other teams made!!!!!

Come on TEX...sign! :D
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

we offered 8 years.. he wants more.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
g-man

Post by g-man »

looks like boston is out....I hope. F#ck Boston, and Stocky! :shock: :lol:
100% LL
sTony

Angels withdraw offer to Teixeira

Post by sTony »

Angels withdraw offer to Teixeira

By Tim Brown, Yahoo! Sports 9 hours, 48 minutes ago

Yahoo! Sports

The Los Angeles Angels on Sunday afternoon withdrew their offer to free-agent slugger Mark Teixeira and do not intend to continue negotiations with his agent, according to a source close to the negotiations.

Believed to have offered about $160 million over eight seasons, the Angels became the second team in recent days to declare the price on Teixeira to be too steep.
some guy

Re: Angels withdraw offer to Teixeira

Post by some guy »

i read the same thing this morning when i was taking the cleveland browns to the suepr bowl. :lol: I told you so.. crazy @$$ Boras wants more than 8 years.. re resigned juan rivera saturday and i think we are moving on to Manny now.

TOLD YOU SO GMAN.. :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Re: Angels withdraw offer to Teixeira

Post by buddy brown »

He's one for you. Cubs send Derrick Lee to Halos for Chone Figgins and cash considerations.

Looks like you need a 1st baseman. Figgins platoons right field for cubs w/ derosa. Cubs sign Adam Dunn for 1st base. D lee gives you 25hrs 90+ rbi's great defense. I'd make that deal :lol:
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

g-man wrote:looks like boston is out....I hope. F#ck Boston, and Stocky! :shock: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Kurt
g-man

Post by g-man »

We will still beat the YANKS! :evil:
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

ill take derek lee all day.. lol. I think knowing the way the Angels have so much confidence in their farm systems that i dont think we are making any moves.. Face it.. the Al west is a joke.. we should run away with it. We dont need to beef up like they do in the AL East. We can win our division starting Kendry Morales at first and pick up a big bat before the post season. I think we are going to see alot more of Morales and Wood this year.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

Rivera will get more PT too. If he can get 450 at-bats, he'll hit 25 HR's and 90 RBI. And all Morales needs is consistent time and he can hit .300 and in the 20HR range..
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Well you just got Fuentes for:

two-year, $17.5MM deal. $8.5MM in '09, $9MM in '10, and a $9MM vesting option for '11 based on games finished.
DL

Post by DL »

buddy brown wrote:Well you just got Fuentes for:

two-year, $17.5MM deal. $8.5MM in '09, $9MM in '10, and a $9MM vesting option for '11 based on games finished.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say K-Rod has more blown saves than Fuentes, and the will both have about the same amount of saves...32. The Mets starters and middle relief are going to determine how many save ops Frankie gets...
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Yeah,

I would say Fuentes is not as flashy as K-rod. But he knows how to get guys out and has pitched in the Rockies hitters launch pad. I bet his numbers improve in Anaheim. The Mets have a way of screwing up talent and having lived in NYC going to Mets and YAnkee games there the fans are absolutely brutal on the players as is the media
DL

Post by DL »

He is left handed, and having spent the last 4 seasons in the NL, the AL hitters have not seen him as often as they would like.

Here's to a Cubbie/Halo World Series next year...
"Feel the steel"
g-man

Post by g-man »

I expect Fuentes to get more saves with the Angels. There will be more chances in Angel town then he had in Colorado!
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

we ship out frankie and Texiera and bring home rivera and fuentes. I dont like our off season moves as far as direct impact. Maybe we are saving up like i said to see what becomes available before next years post season. I just feel like Moreno's counting his eggs before they hatch. As fickle as the orange county fan base is, the second we dont win games watch attendance plummet and dollars go down. Arte's already caught flack for letting Kotchman go to rent Texiera, Now letting Texiera go, Letting Frankie go. A lot of people in Anaheim are upset. We shall see what he does to silence the grumblings.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

If the Angels win, all will be fine... If they don't, OC fan will hit the ground running. Arte's biggest problem is he gave us a taste of what it is like to win, consistantly. And now he is dangling the proverbial carrot in from of the fans and is suddenly getting cold feet. This will for sure be a season that tells alot about the moves made last year and this offseason... I have confidence in the GM, but the man writing the check makes the ultimate decision. When Stoneman refused to part with many of his prized farm systems jewels, they basically flopped when finally given the chance at the big league level. Yes the system is loaded with talent, but you cannot lean on the kids at every position....look at the revolving door/farm system the Oakland A's have been running for the last 10 years. The A's develop them, not pay them when they are ready for a multi-year big league deal, then let them go when they hit their prime years because it is too expensive to keep them.

I just dont want to get into the same situation as they are in Oakland.... Talent rich and results poor..
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

I have a feeling you guys sign a home run stick before too long. I see Dunn becoming an angel. The economy is effecting baseball now and teams are playing the waiting game. The free agent market seems to be frozen right now with many big names unsigned. You guys are good w/ pitching right now all you need is a big bat behind or in front of Vlad. As someguy said Al west is weak the question is can the Angels (and Cubs) offense show up in Oct.
some guy

Post by some guy »

So do I and I hate Adam Dunn..with a passion. He's just one of those guys that bug me. Just looking at him makes me pissed, kinda like Scott Pollard, mix that with the fact he has led every team he has played on in strikeouts makes me hate him even more. I will boo him every game.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Homeboy is big though. 6'6" 275 = polar bear. He does strike out a lot, 164 times last year. But he also walks alot 122 times. This guy hit 40 hrs and 100 ribs last year on bad teams. You get some guys on base in front of him in the american league and gets 120 ribbys easy. One good thing is he can DH so he doesn't play D in the OF. For some reason no body wants this guy. 40 hr's is 40 hr's.
Dunn = Ryan Howard with more walks
g-man

Post by g-man »

The Angels are deep in talent from the starters to the bench to the farm system. They will still be a winner, and make another move when its needed. Art has brought the Angels back to a winner.....
100% LL