Quad /atv Question; need advice

Share vehicle info.
backlash

Quad /atv Question; need advice

Post by backlash »

Need opinions and advice regarding purchasing an atv. Pretty much just for use on my property(spraying weeds etc.)and some trail use. My question is how much power (CC) do I really need and is independent rear suspension a "must have"? Am I looking at ATV's in the "400" range ?And I'd like some input on manufacturers you'd recommend as well as those you'd stay away from. Thanks for your time.
FishaHallic

Re: Quad /atv Question; need advice

Post by FishaHallic »

backlash wrote:Need opinions and advice regarding purchasing an atv. Pretty much just for use on my property(spraying weeds etc.)and some trail use. My question is how much power (CC) do I really need and is independent rear suspension a "must have"? Am I looking at ATV's in the "400" range ?And I'd like some input on manufacturers you'd recommend as well as those you'd stay away from. Thanks for your time.

Well I have a suzuki king quad 700 and I love it and I think all the main makers of quads are all good but do not buy one of those chinese knock offs, I have heard nothing but bad things about those.

As far as size goes, I don't think I would get less than a 500 just like in a boat, you can't have too much power and I think resale would be easier and better. As far as independant rear suspension goes I don't think it would matter that much but I may have read for work type quads go you may want a solid axle.

I don't know if your buying new or used but you can find good deals on craigslist if you take your time.

Good luck
Florida transplant, miss my Bass fishing