This is A Little Scary!

Sports talk forum
elfish16

This is A Little Scary!

Post by elfish16 »

I was at Dodger's spring training this past weekend, Friday thru Sunday. Watched 3 games and saw a total of 3 runs scored... 27 innings and a mere 3 runs. They were outscored like 18 to 3...

Matt Kemp hit a 450ft homer on Sunday and was about the only thng to cheer for! I was a bit bummed out by the lack of anything from the Dodger's.

Let me tell you this...the starting pitching is FINE! Its once they brought in the YOUNG middle relief that things got BAD! thats minus the exception of Schmidt pitching Sunday. 1 perfect inning then it turned to crap!

Dodger's need to get some relief help SOON otherwise they could be in bad shape!
buddy brown

Re: This is A Little Scary!

Post by buddy brown »

They just signed Will Ohman yesterday. He's not lights out but he nibbles on the corners and is a veteran Lefty which is a commodity out of the pen. My cubs look pretty solid offensively and the pitching will come around.
some guy

Post by some guy »

as long as our injury situation doesnt ge tout of hand the Angels will take the west again. I hate going off of spring training but we look lights out right now.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Lackey out till early May... but you have enough offense to get you through.
some guy

Post by some guy »

yeah i know.. the starting pitching has had me nervous with all these ticky tack injuries. Santana had stiffness, Saunders too, now Lackey. :shock: its going to be alright. We have plenty of talent to carry us out of the AL west. :lol: Hopefully we are healthy come Sept/Oct. Thats all i care about.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

You could trot your AAA club out there and win the AL west :lol: I think that NApoli will have a good year with HR's. Seems like everytime I go to see the angels he is going yard twice and to the deepest part of the yard. 20 bombs in only 275 at bats in 2008. This guy has legit power.
some guy

Post by some guy »

i agree. I prefer to have him in there instead of Mathis any day. Everyones hitting the ball hard.. Gary Mathews is acting like a sad @$$ and giving a run at a starting role. i doubt we can use him for trade bait as no one will pick up the remainder of his contract. :cry:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

GMJ does not have a place to play in the outfield. 5th outfielder in the third year of a 5 year 50 mil contract?
some guy

Post by some guy »

yeah maybe he will get some DH time? I dont know man. We couldnt pass up on Hunter though you know? oh well. Hunter, Abreu, Vlad ( if his knees hold up) if not have Vlad DH and let Rivera and GMJ battle it out all year. Im just hoping our pitchers can get healthy. I pitched my whole life all the way up until JC years when i blew my shoulder up. Shoulders and Elbows don't exactly heal 100 % if you know what I mean. Having 3 of our starters trying to bounce back does'nt help me sleep at night.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><