you beat me to it .. DL.

Just another blow to baseball.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Re: Manny Ramirez on Roids

Post by DL »

Unfortunately Manny won't be the last. :x

Just when MLB had the appearance of having a grip on the PED problem... There's another guy in the southland that has the tell tale signs of a body starting to fall apart when roids are no longer being used...and it pains me to even think about it..
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

This is a disgrace to the game of baseball, never saw this one coming.
some guy

Post by some guy »

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....DL :lol:

Its from all those years of playing on astroturf :shock:

Baseball is hurting, no one can now have a great season with out being under the microscope.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

it wasn't roids everyone...the drug test didn't show roids...it was another form of illegal PED.

Regardless...its going to HURT the Dodgers and this incredible run they are on. Its a HUGE shame this has to happen...without a doubt.

Whatever...the Dodgers have O Hudson, Eithier, Loney and Kemp who are all hitting machines and RBI machines...I see the Dodgers keeping going pretty well regardless...now if MArtin and Furcal wake up...we will do JUST FINE!
g-man

Post by g-man »

what a shame....

A-Rod, and now Manny! :x Two of my favorite players to watch, looks like Manny just blew his Hall of Fame chances! :roll:
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

elfish16 wrote:it wasn't roids everyone...the drug test didn't show roids...it was another form of illegal PED.

Regardless...its going to HURT the Dodgers and this incredible run they are on. Its a HUGE shame this has to happen...without a doubt.

Whatever...the Dodgers have O Hudson, Eithier, Loney and Kemp who are all hitting machines and RBI machines...I see the Dodgers keeping going pretty well regardless...now if MArtin and Furcal wake up...we will do JUST FINE!
The only reason those players are producing so well is because of Manny in the line up. Look at the number pre Manny and post Manny, with Manny in the line up it changes the whole dynamic of the team. Pitchers have to pitch around him and younger guys are now seeing better pitches. The line up now goes back to the way it was before Manny which wasnt to impressive. The only reason the Dodgers made it to the post season last year was because of him. We shall see how the Dodgers bounce back, Im just laughing at all those bandwagon fans that went out and bought Manny dreds. :lol:

Who's next?.... Pujols?
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Vlad the impaler is next 8)
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

some guy wrote:
elfish16 wrote:it wasn't roids everyone...the drug test didn't show roids...it was another form of illegal PED.

The only reason those players are producing so well is because of Manny in the line up. Look at the number pre Manny and post Manny, with Manny in the line up it changes the whole dynamic of the team. Pitchers have to pitch around him and younger guys are now seeing better pitches. The line up now goes back to the way it was before Manny which wasnt to impressive. The only reason the Dodgers made it to the post season last year was because of him. We shall see how the Dodgers bounce back, Im just laughing at all those bandwagon fans that went out and bought Manny dreds. :lol:

Who's next?.... Pujols?

hahahaaha...yeah I think its funny. I have ALWAYS liked Manny...hands down. Regardless of what happens here it seems evey player in the league thats posted great numbers has been busted. If you have a big name you will be caught sooner or later.

Why not check Carl Crawford of Tampa??? Stealing as many as he does...I would think he might be the guy to hit the list next! :shock:

Yes I agree that Manny lifted the team spirits and the numbers incredibly. The kids might do well..but I am afraid their numbers will drop now that they won't get the pitches they were for 50 games...

We will see what happens...regardless I am a proud Dodger fan and hope to see them continue to blossum as a team!
some guy

Post by some guy »

That's all we can do as a fan is keep our heads up. I have been waiting all season for our ( Angels ) pitching to get healthy.. we will bounce back.. the AL West should be ours.

Lackey threw 4 2/3 in a rehab assignment tues and allowed one hit. Santana had a good rehabd outing too. Both guys are one more rehab outing away from joining back up with the squad barring any set backs.. We sure need them.
Last edited by some guy on Thu May 07, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....DL :lol:

Its from all those years of playing on astroturf :shock:

Baseball is hurting, no one can now have a great season with out being under the microscope.
:lol:
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

buddy brown wrote:Vlad the impaler is next 8)
You and DL need to keep these tained thoughts to yourself.. Its the turf I tell ya!! :lol:

sucks about Zambrano.
Last edited by some guy on Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:That's all we can do as a fan is keep our heads up. I have been waitign all season for our ( Angels ) pitching to get healthy.. we will bounce back.. the AL West should be ours.

Lackey threw 4 2/3 in a rehab assignment tues and allowed one hit. Santana had a good rehabd outing too. Both guys are one more rehab outing away from joining back up with the squad barring any set backs.. We sure need them.
The Halo tailspin is a hangover from what happened the last half of spring and the events of April 9. Losing 3 of your five starters before the season is 3 days old would cripple ANY pitching staff, and Adenharts departure was something that will take a long time to get over. Yes its a long season, and the season is not won during April and May...but its early and no one in his right mind can tell me the other three teams in the AL West have better rosters than the Halos..especially the A's :D

I will wait patiently until the All Star Break, only then will I panic if this ship is not righted.
"Feel the steel"
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:
You and DL need to keep these tained thoughts to yourself.. Its the turf I tell ya!! :lol:

sucks about Zambrano.
It was the turf in Montreal, and the hours of barefoot stickball as a kid in the DR....
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

hey we have won 6 of our last 9. We are pulling out of it..just not as fast as so cal would like.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:hey we have won 6 of our last 9. We are pulling out of it..just not as fast as so cal would like.
and we are getting a good look at the arms on the farm...albeit they are not ready yet but they can all throw the ball..
"Feel the steel"
g-man

Post by g-man »

:evil: :evil:

MLB should just get it over with, and pull the top two batter from every team then test them!

Pujols is Next! :shock:
100% LL
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

some guy wrote:

sucks about Zambrano.
I hope Zambo is not next. He has kinda sucked this year :shock:
some guy

Post by some guy »

I was talking about how he pulled up lame to first with that Hammy trying to beat that one out. Tough to swallow.

Dodgers always seem to have something happen when they sign a big name. Brown, Schmidt, Manny, A. Jones..

The curse of Dodger blue. :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

some guy wrote:I was talking about how he pulled up lame to first with that Hammy trying to beat that one out. Tough to swallow.
I know what u were talkin bout the Hammy. Problem is Z thinks he is MAtt Stairs. He is a great hitting pitcher though but He has lost 3 mph on his fastball so far this year and has not had a dominating start this year.

The blue crew must have known something bout Manny, season ticket sales were nice after the signing... I bet Michael Phelps would liketo clip a little chunk off of one of Manny's dreads and suck it thru his bong, that is if those dreads aren't a weave :lol: JK bad year for the MLB so far
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

some guy wrote:I was talking about how he pulled up lame to first with that Hammy trying to beat that one out. Tough to swallow.

Dodgers always seem to have something happen when they sign a big name. Brown, Schmidt, Manny, A. Jones..

really is a curse it seems! :cry:

Seriously...anytime we sign a big player they get hurt or something sets them back and the team back! I really hope the kids can hold their heads up and continue to attack the ball and get hits. they just need to take the maturing they have done and put it into effect NOW more than ever.

50 days is a LONG time but not forever...if they can come out of this at 30-20 or so...thats pretty darn good.
DL

Post by DL »

elfish16 wrote:

Seriously...anytime we sign a big player they get hurt or something sets them back and the team back! I really hope the kids can hold their heads up and continue to attack the ball and get hits. they just need to take the maturing they have done and put it into effect NOW more than ever.

50 days is a LONG time but not forever...if they can come out of this at 30-20 or so...thats pretty darn good.
At least you guys didnt sign MO VAUGHN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

elfish16 wrote:

It's a long season. If he starts his suspension today I think he will be back around July 3rd. That's basically the all star break. He will have the whole second half of the season to get back into the groove and get the team ready for the play offs. You guys should be fine.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

agreed! Your Angels are starting to come around and thats good news! gotta get those Rangers and Mariners off the top...

Its only a matter of time and the angels will be whooping teams!

:D
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Ramirez's 50 game suspension is going to cost him 8 million dollers off his contract.Thats a big chunk to lose.
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

Manny is a disgrace!!!! He's a horrible team player. That was very apparent in Boston! I have NEVER seen the guy even remotely hustle for a fly ball! Hippie could catch a fly ball better than Manny. And Hippie cant catch the swine flu in T.J. He made all the Dodgers fans sit through his B.S. in the off season. He gets the rediculus amount he was askin for and he knew he was on steroids the whole time!!!!! What a great person huh??? And for all of you that are sayin he didnt take steroids, OPEN UR EYES!!!! He got caught w a female hormone that is used by steriod users to get their testosterone levels back to normal!!! CHEATER!!!!!! What are theses guys teachin our children??? How to cheat and be untruthfull?? So much for our ALL AMERICAN PAST TIME?????? Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

whatever people want to say he accepted his blame on this and now he's paying the consequences....he's unlike Clemens and Bonds and the others that keep denying it...look at their lives.

Off that....look at the Dodgers in the past 3 games... beat the defending CHAMPS in their OWN field. Not easy to do...all without Manny and Eithier hitting terribly now.

Dodgers are rolling...still the #1 team in Baseball!