What to buy, What to buy

Share vehicle info.
Lake

What to buy, What to buy

Post by Lake »

Here is a little history for reference. My last 2 trucks I bought brand new.

1998 Siverado x-cab short bed 4x2. Started leaking oil at 79k miles. Traded it in since it was out of warrenty. This truck handled great pulling the boat but didnt pull up hill as well as the Ford

2002 F150 Super crew 4x2 Blown tranni at 85k replaced now has 102k miles on it and thinking its about time to move on. Truck has plenty of pulling power but doesnt corner as well as the chevy did.

New truck will have to be 4x2, gas engine, 4 full doors. I have checked msrp and overall interior and exterior stuff on the following trucks.

Titan: impressive look and decent interior room. Will drive this w/ in the next week. msrp around $29k cheapest at msrp I have found

Silverado: drove this today, I am not totally excited about the truck but feel it will get the job done msrp around $32k. currently offering $1500 rebate

F150: Will compare and drive tomorrow

Ram: cab space way to small, eliminated.

Honda whachacallit: Are you kidding me, they call this a truck

Tundra: Way more interior space then the other trucks. Drove it today and I am impressed with the handling, turn radius and power. msrp tad over $33K offering a $3k rebate.

Any positive or negative things you all would like to throw in is great, actually negative stuff is usually more helpful as long as its 1st hand experience and a truck in the same year make.
Fishin' Dave

Re: What to buy, What to buy

Post by Fishin' Dave »

The Toyota is made in San Antonio Texas!

Modesto Toyota Sponsored 100% Bass this year. Go see them.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

A couple of months back I was doing the same thing looking at new trucks it was between Tundra crew and the Titan crew. I didn,t check the others like Chevys Fords and Dodges the reason for that is I had a 02 chevy that was a nice truck but the tranny started messing up and Chevy is known for bad trannys so I didn,t want to take a chance agian.The Ford no thank you to many recalls. Dodge. built to cheap I have a freind that owns one he said he,ll will never buy one agian he,s the one that said built to cheap.Thats why it was between the Toy and Titan so between these 2 it was the Titan. I was looking hard at the Toy I was even going to pick that truck but money wise you get more for your money with the Titan goodies wise than the Toy. Titan has a smaller motor than the Toy does but im happy with 318 hrs it pulls my 19ft Skeeter with no problems and I get 16 17 miles to a gall. at 60 mph.The tranny has its own electrice cooling fan the rearend cover is finned for cooling the rear.I can go on but i,ll probobly be here all nite.Well I hope this helps a little. Good luck what ever you get but I would look hard on the Titan and the Tundra.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Lake - from other experiences that have been related here - go with the Tundra. I am not sponsored by or receive any gratuities from Toyota. I am a die hard Ford guy, but if I had to go out tomorrow and buy a truck to match what I have now, it would be a Tundra. I drove an 04 for the first time in North Carolina about two months ago. My bosses truck. Nimblest 4WD I have ever driven. Now, I did not take it off road to give it a good test but as a daily driver, no contest. I don't know what area you are from, but a site sponsor we have is Hayward Toyota. We also have a couple of old time NutCases that are sponsored by Toyota - Damon Witt at Roseville Toyota and Kent Brown at Placerville Toyota. Any of these dealerships will get you what you need at a Nutcase price, check them out.

If you live in SoCal - drive up here to buy your next truck!!
Lake

Post by Lake »

Thanks guys I picked up my new Tundra Monday. Great truck so far. Hitching up today for Clear Lake, it should pull better then both my prior trucks.
Lake

Post by Lake »

Thanks GB. I did look at that exact truck and the cab space was a lot less then what the competition offered. Thanks for the info
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

ford f450 4x dualie...powerstroke
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

dont you need like a 1000 miles on the tranny before you tow??? To break it in? Thats what i heard, i may be wrong. Anyone know?
RaiderMike

Post by RaiderMike »

Lake, what Tundra did you get? 4x2 or 4x4? What milage are you getting?
Bite Me!
pontoon crew

Post by pontoon crew »

want to take over payments of my titan?? it only has 40k miles its 06, white
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I have 08 tundra crew max.it tows great it turns on a dime.it's got the brakes for towing.A great driving truck when not towing.
punk bass