CC

Sports talk forum
mike goodwin

CC

Post by mike goodwin »

DL my bro, I guess CC showed what he has in chilly weather.
Your Halo's had absoluty 0 chance against the big fella.
You know this guy is a warm weather pitcher, Anacrime look out.

JC, the was some stellar defense your boys showed
tonite. I know there better than that. Pressure play'n in
the big apple, maybe.

JC, you asked the ? if I grew up in NY, and why I'm not a DBack
fan. I grew up in Bakersfield, my dad was and still is just as
big ah huge Yankee fan 83 yrs young. We was raised with
Yankee blood from day 1. My mom & dad used to take us to
Dodger Stadium every year the Yankees and Angles got
together. That was many moons ago.
I watch my Yankees every nite they are on 631DTV. No I am
not a DBack fan, I watched them play maybe 3 games all
year. It's all YANKEES for me and my family.

Boy's I gota go to the boat and tie some baits on, AC event
tomorrow and get to the sack. Gett'n late.

Great day tomorrow, fish a tournament and then watch
playoff baseball. Don't get any better than that. Please no
rain, don't look good.

YANKEE POWER- 1-0 good guys......MG
some guy

Re: CC

Post by some guy »

CC was on fire last night. That was some pretty sorry defense wasnt it? God that was tough to watch. Oh well at least I know we didnt lose playing our best baseball, that's for sure.Luckily its first to 4 not 1.

We still have a lot of baseball left to play out.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

CC got his outs when he needed them and he pitched well. I knew mistake free ball was needed for whomever was going to win. CC definitely pitched well last night and your Yanks came out on top.

Its a classic tonight for sure...

Hope you did well on the water today...
"Feel the steel"
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

DL, the fish'n was good for numbers today but weights were
down quite a bit. 14plus won, Clint and I tied Ed & Gary with
13.64 they're biggest bass was 3oz bigger than ours so we
was 4th.

What a game tonite, playoff baseball is about pitching and D.
We all seen how even these two teams really are. We saw
dominating pitching on both side's and Shi%%y D on both
side's. Just when it looked like the Halo's were going to close
the deal, up come's A-Rod with a game saving dinger. No one
seemed to want to be the hero tonite on either side.
Hurry up Monday.
Oh wait NFL tomorrow, go PACKERS.

YANKEE BASEBALL 2-0 my team.......MG
DL

Post by DL »

The team that makes the least mistakes usually wins in the postseason. The Halos had their chance 3 or 4 times last night :x . Hopefully this is the last of the poor defense. While the weather was a factor, I dont think it was enough to make both teams kick and throw the ball all over the infield...

Monday cant get here soon enough... I scored tickets in the front row of lower view behind the plate... Weav and CC will be a great matchup..
"Feel the steel"
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

DL. monday it's Andy not CC vs Weaver, could be another nail
biter.
You know if I was either manager I would not let anyone on
the infield wear those body armor over their heads again.
Seams as if they have all lost their focus on routine plays.

Congrats on the tickets, where abouts is your seats. I will be
watching for you. You should be very easy to locate with that
Halo red gear on surrounded by thousands of Yankee blue.

BOMBER TIME......MG
DL

Post by DL »

I'll be in the front row of the lower view section on the 3rd base side of the plate. Ill have a red Angel hat on so it wont be hard to find me :lol:

My bad on the CC call, i was thinking that was 3days rest...too many cocktails during the game last night :twisted:

Those damn hats caused all sorts of problems. 40 degrees? thats not that cold...Ive played ball in cold weather it was a pain in the *** being all bundled up. Ill make sure I take some photos of a Yankees loss and post them up here.. :P
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

Today is a big game.. need Weaver and the bats to show up to try and swing some momentum.

Yankees are the same team that folded the tent when up three games against the sox. This thing is far from over..

First to 4. Take all 3 here and send it back to NY with a whole different mentallity.

I'll be there too DL.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

I am in the view level section 510 My boy Weaver will win today and no errors on the home field. Bats will come alive as well. We start to make it a series today. :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
some guy

Post by some guy »

528 here I am not a baller like DL. :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

Congrats Angels, what a great game and series this is. DL I
did see you, there were about 100 Yankee hats all around
you. Anyway I thought it was you, maybe a twin. Ha Ha.

Howie Kendrick is about like Manny against us. This guy is
hitt'n about 900 against us.

Bombers will be back tomorrow.

Come on Tuesday........MG
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:528 here I am not a baller like DL. :lol:
Apparently I got bad info on my seats, when I got them they weren't exactly where I was told they were going to be. And we werent too far apart... But I aint complaining :D
"Feel the steel"
DL

Post by DL »

mike goodwin wrote:Congrats Angels, what a great game and series this is. DL I
did see you, there were about 100 Yankee hats all around
you. Anyway I thought it was you, maybe a twin. Ha Ha.

Howie Kendrick is about like Manny against us. This guy is
hitt'n about 900 against us.

Bombers will be back tomorrow.

Come on Tuesday........MG
Who'd a thought the Angels would stand at the plate and trade home runs with Yankees??? Its never easy in the playoffs. Kazmir going tonite, and your boys dont seem to be very comfortable against lefties...especially when Tex looks like he is swinging at flies from the right side of the dish :roll:

I don't know about anyone else, but when Girardi brought in Rivera in the 8th, and the rest of his bully the next two innings, he told me he had to win game 3 because the last thing he wanted to do was give the Angels momentum. Well Joe, the Halos have it and they aint givin it back....

CC better be ready because the A Train has left the station and its barreling down on the big A!!!!

"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

The call for a 3 man rotation by Girardi could come back to bite him in the @$$. We will see how CC responds on 3 days rest pitching in 40 degrees and then 90 degrees.

That was probably the best game I have ever seen live. I got tickets for tomorrow too! They way we battled and came back and won last night, if that doesnt swing the momentum in the clubhouse then nothing will. I can see them riding this all the way.

Viva La Kendrick.. let Izturis sit!
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:The call for a 3 man rotation by Girardi could come back to bite him in the @$$. We will see how CC responds on 3 days rest pitching in 40 degrees and then 90 degrees.

That was probably the best game I have ever seen live. I got tickets for tomorrow too! They way we battled and came back and won last night, if that doesnt swing the momentum in the clubhouse then nothing will. I can see them riding this all the way.

Viva La Kendrick.. let Izturis sit!
Of all the games I have been to, the only one better than this was game 6 in 2002. The only question is how CC will do on three days rest...Kazmir will pitch well, and the defense had gotten the "bad news bears" out of their system. It would sure be nice to see Girardi go back to the book tonight :lol:
"Feel the steel"
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH CC is hauntingly good.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

CC showed up ready and willing but that A-train must have
derailed on the way. Surley this wasn't the Halo's that has
the Spankees number according to my Cali fishn friends.

Someone needs to give the 2nd & 3rd base umps 50 lashes.
They got to be kidd'n. Only good thing about their sh^%y
calls is they didn't really figure into the outcome.
Instant Replay is on it's way.

A-Rod is on a mission, Teixeira is on vacation with the bat.

3-1 Bomb Squad........MG
some guy

Post by some guy »

It's bad enough to you have to play against a roided up Yankees line up, let alone the umpires as well. When have you ever heard a stadium chant bologna for 5 minutes straight?

Major League Baseball is on its way to being soccer.
Last edited by some guy on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:It's nad enough to you have to play against a roied up Yankees line up, let alone the umpires as well. When have you ever heard a stadium chant bologna for 5 minutes straight?

Major League Baseball is on its way to being soccer.
Yankee fan and Boston fan have already turned the seats into a soccer game. Monday night I had to get security all of 5 pitches into the game when a foursome of NY douchebags were verbally attacking people with F-bombs, F-u b*tch, and bl*w me comments. To make a long story short, security made their rounds and little vinnie and his 3 yes men were pretty quiet for the rest of their night. But it was good to see Angel fan yell back and give them a little peanut and ice cube welcome to the view level. I have to say I didnt like the "hood" factor that Artie brought to the stadium, but in this instance it worked to the benefit of Angel fans. We had two guys that looked like the mexican gang bangers from Training Day give these 4 clowns some advice to keep their mouths shut. But their shear presence, and the continuous laps by security shut these 4 idiots up until they had nothing to cheer about.

Now to the umpires. How about you, fat *** Jerry Lane, lose some weight so Napoli doesnt have make it "EASIER" for your fat butt to call balls and strikes! And to you Tim McLelland, holy ****! The runner left too early? I think not....and the two tags by Napoli at third? WTF was that.....? Dale Scott, when the hand is tagged 2 feet in front of the bag, the runner is out. These calls were obviously not the reason the Halos lost, but anyone that follows baseball and has played it at any level higher than little league, knows that calls and plays made in the early innings influence the ENTIRE game.

One other thing, I would rather have John Sterling calling the TV color...that way we would know for sure that we are watching a 4 hour Yankee commercial with his lips firmly planted on the AZZ of every player wearing a Yankee uniform... Joe Buck and Tim McCarver need to go away. I watched the game in Mute for the last 5 innings because I was so tired of those two stroking the Yankees...

The Yanks have been here before and know how to gack a series with a big lead.

I need a drink, Halos in 7

"Feel the steel"
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

DL wrote:The Yanks have been here before and know how to gack a series with a big lead.
Unfortunatekly I think this is the only way the Angels get back in this series. Even more unfortunate is that this will not happen - the Yankees right now are relentless.

I only hope Philly stays hot to at least make the Series interesting.
Kurt
some guy

Post by some guy »

StockOption wrote:
DL wrote:The Yanks have been here before and know how to gack a series with a big lead.
Unfortunatekly I think this is the only way the Angels get back in this series. Even more unfortunate is that this will not happen - the Yankees right now are relentless.

I only hope Philly stays hot to at least make the Series interesting.
either that or find their dealer and take him out. :lol:

The juice is loose!
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

The Halos need to throw a couple of high and tite fastballs to Arod or just stick one in the ribs and let him go to first. He looks too comfortable in the box rattle his nerves a bit. He tagged up, when it was a blow out already, from 2nd to 3rd and then went home on the bad throw. He should get some rib music just for that.
DL

Post by DL »

buddy brown wrote:The Halos need to throw a couple of high and tite fastballs to Arod or just stick one in the ribs and let him go to first. He looks too comfortable in the box rattle his nerves a bit. He tagged up, when it was a blow out already, from 2nd to 3rd and then went home on the bad throw. He should get some rib music just for that.
He should have been busted in since the series started. Up and in are the only places to get him out...and if one gets away..oh well :twisted:
"Feel the steel"
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

JC- come on dude, you were not making up excusses before
so don't start now. You almost convinced me that my Yankees
had no chance against your guys. Ya right!
Goes to show you that past records really don't mean sh#t.
Hyp'n your favorite team up is all its good for.

DL- sorry you had to put up with that bs in the stands. If you
remember JC said he was going to heckle any Yankee chump,
so you might want to blame him for jack'n your game up.
Not in his house as I recall.
As you know theres always a few clowns in every croud.
Just come over to Havasu this weekend and you can buy me
a Yankee Championship Pennant beer or 4., !st NBW event
Saturday., come fish. You to JC.

BB- as you know no lead is safe in playoff baseball. A-Rod is
as focused as i've every seen him in pinstripes. As soon as
you lay down in this league you will get your *** handed to
you.
Also, go ahead Halo's and throw at A-Rod or anyone else. I
promise you AJ, Joba, Hughes, Coke someone will knock
them out of their clete's. These guys won't back down from
no team.

Stock- I totally agree, these Yankees are not fold'n nott'n
up this year.
Don't you hear a little Frank Sinatra in the background, I
do. Sounds something like NEW YORK NEW YORK.
Philly's are a bad *** team also, they will give anyone trouble.
What's your Sox doing these days, probably out fish'n with
lunny tune Charlie Moore.

Hurry up Thursday

3-1 BOMB SQUAD---YANKEE POWER........MG
DL

Post by DL »

Next time I'm in town I'll get you that beer, but it wont be this weekend because it won't be over until sunday :twisted: Every team has its knucklehead fans, but I think New York and Boston have the market cornered... I can see a Burnett meltdown coming if the Halos can get some momentum going early. Lackey is always ready for big games, and I think the 1-5 hitters are actually going to hit the ball tonight. There is no game 6 & 7 without winning game 5..one game at a time.

"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

Mike - before you start making your grand assumptions the Yankee Chumps I speak of are the exact douche bags DL is speaking of. Every time NY comes to town you got these guido douchebags with their bronzer and chin strap beards talking sh@t to every one in the section. Im a big guy and stand up for anyone in my section who douche bags like this heckle. Put is this way, when I was in high school i beat the **** out of some gang banger because he wouldnt stand up for the pledge of allegiance. I asked him and he said basically this place sucks ( he didnt put it quite that nicely) I then proceeded to tell him as long as he is living within our borders show my country some respect. He then swung at me and I side stepped it and beat the living crap out of him. I guess the redneck in me came out. I was captain of the baseball team and football team at that time so needless to say he had his hands full 8) Thats the type of person I am. I stand up for the good.

So my friend, you have made a very poor assumption.
Last edited by some guy on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

As far as the juice goes... It's a joke... :lol: It wouldnt suprise me at all though, especially since half of your starting line up was named on the Mitchell report... pitchers and fielders. Then you got your star closer showing his true colors in crunch time. Pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99D65C1Z ... re=related

I pitched for years in high school and in college and never seen a pitcher rub a ball down like that. :lol:

Its obvious what players need to do over there to win championships. Its a great group of role models you guys got over there for our youth. :roll:

I bet when I get around to having kids this game that I love wont even draw interest to them. What exactly is the Yankee organization teaching kids about the game? Thats it ok to take roids as long you publicly admit it? That money trumps all? To do everything in your power to win, including cheating? I dont know what type of things you stand for, but those are things I will never stand for and is a large reason why the Yankees will never get respect from me.

As far as this weekend.. not a chance.. ill be at DVL for the 4th weekend in a row, in fact Ill be at DVL in about 5 hours.. right when the first trout truck is scheduled to arrive.. :wink: Have fun catching 3 lbers this weekend. I hope you boat every one and take it down.
Last edited by some guy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

DL wrote:
Next time I'm in town I'll get you that beer, but it wont be this weekend because it won't be over until sunday :twisted: Every team has its knucklehead fans, but I think New York and Boston have the market cornered... I can see a Burnett meltdown coming if the Halos can get some momentum going early. Lackey is always ready for big games, and I think the 1-5 hitters are actually going to hit the ball tonight. There is no game 6 & 7 without winning game 5..one game at a time.

having your back up against a wall is a great motivator. We will see how much fight the boys have left tonight.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

DL- you got it, and I'll buy you the beer my brother. I sure
don't see Sunday baseball, sorry.

JC- I think you can ask anyone in the fish'n industry that
knows me, they will tell you what I stand for,bro.
Lets just start with the most important to me.
My wife Ruth of 30 years, we have never been seperated 1
day of are life together and we have been through thick
and thin, and here together we still stand. JUST LIKE ARE
BEAUTIFUL AMERICAN FLAG.

I have always tried to do the right thing in my life. Live by
the law of the land, NEVER been arristed for ANYTHING. Which
I am extremely proud of.
I have always respected every other person on the street,
even if they wear Angel or Boston or Viking gear. A man has
to prove to me he don't deserve my respect.
Do I like baller's using anything in the past, juice, spitter,
vaseline whatever, hell no. I know you Halo's are all true
perfect, they are Angels.
You will never hear me fat lip Angel, Boston players that go
out and kick are ***.
So bro thats just a touch of what I'm about.
I have ALWAYS respected your ANGELS and not called them
this or that, RG knows how I feel about them. So come on,
if we end up gett'n lucky and beat the best team on the
planet acknoledge my boys.
Have a great time at DV, and every run the Yankees score
tonite think of me. I will do the same for you and DL. You
guys are true fans of your team just like me.

Could be Lackey's last game as an Angel. I think I heard he
was a free agent after this year.

Come on AJ, end it tonite.

BOMB SQUAD
YANKEE BLOOD FOREVER.........MG
DL

Post by DL »

Both teams left it on the field tonite. What a game. See you on saturday, Mike...
"Feel the steel"
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

DL, JC and all Angel fans congrats on a huge win.

The games in this series is just what Major League
Baseball hopes to see. Well worth the price of admission.
I don't think I can stand much more excitement. I bet you
guys heard me yelling all the way across the desert when
Yanks rallied.

Man, I love this game

Come on Saturday, 1st NBW event for 2010 followed by
Angel-Yankee playoff baseball. Don't get any better than
that.

3-2 BOMB SQUAD, GO YANKEES........MG
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

This postseason has been AWESOME.

Manny choked which was a bummer (he was on the '04 Sox so I will love him forever, same with Damon and Pedro....)

But other than that these games have been great.

Saturday night here we come !!!!!
Kurt
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

I was at that game last night. Wow is all I can say. Worth every penny. That was better than being at Monday's game. Both teams played there guts out.
Now we need to win the next one and then game 7 is anyone's to win. This is what baseball is about. I do love this game.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com

some guy

Post by some guy »

This series is taking years off my life. I was ready to shoot Fuentes last night.

Thanks Mike, I like what you stand for amigo.

I just dont agree with what the Yankees stand for.

The game was awesome. I hope it isnt the last one i get to go to this year. 8)
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

Good Job today Mike and Clint! Sucks about the game! Now we have to wait until tomorrow.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

Its over!!! :cry:

Good Job Yanks.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

The team that makes the least mistakes usually wins in the postseason.
I hate it when I predict the outcome :x :x
"Feel the steel"