C-rig weight suggestions

jazzwannabe

C-rig weight suggestions

Post by jazzwannabe »

What's the best kind of sinker, size and shape? Does anyone use regular bullet weights? I have checked out the Mojo Carolina weights, but I had some of those smaller slip-shot weights once, and the bore through the lead was raggedy and abrasive on the line.
Golden Empire Bass Club
scottsweet

Re: C-rig weight suggestions

Post by scottsweet »

I use the Mojo Rock Hoppers and really like them. I get less hangups and feel the bottom much better.

Scott
LV Ba$$

Post by LV Ba$$ »

I prefer cylindrical shaped weights for my C-Rig; opting for the tungsten version made by Excalibur. The line guard insert is rather large which enables the line to easily pass through when a fish swims away with your bait. One of the biggest concerns I have with C-Rigs is the fish not being able to detect a 3/4-1oz weight when they try and swim with the bait, especially if the bait is only 3-4" in length. Best of luck!
-David Zachgo
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

jazzwannabe wrote:What's the best kind of sinker, size and shape? Does anyone use regular bullet weights? I have checked out the Mojo Carolina weights, but I had some of those smaller slip-shot weights once, and the bore through the lead was raggedy and abrasive on the line.
Depends on the terrain that I am fishing - If I am fishing around grass primarily I will use a bullet weight, mixture of Rock and Grass - Mojo Cylinder weight - Chunk Rock - Mojo Rock Hopper -

The Rock hopper is a GREAT weight for around rocks, you come back over the top and the weight comes out 90% of the time. I have not had abrasion problems with the rock hopper - my main line is typically 17 - 20lb fluro
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I'm old school still I guess, egg skinner or brass and glass for the c-rig for me

Now for light line 6-8lb test it the mojo rig with the Cylinder weight
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

For fishing on lakes like Oroville, Folsom, McClure the Mojo Rock Hopper is the bees knees
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Mojo rock hoppers for me!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

Awesome guys, I looked up the site ...a neat weight....kinda looks a little like a pencil weight for trolling ....I just bought the 3/4 and 3/8.....and considering the smallish ones too.

I also saw some 3" reaper baits that would be interestiung to try.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

In SoCal we use a rig called the slip shot or finesse C-rig;
Top Brass black Pro-Jo, glass bead and Peg-It for a stopper.
The brass weight has a larger smooth hole than the lead mojo sinker and less line drag; important features to feel what is going a lot better. You can substitue a Carolina stopper for the Peg-It. The important thing is; one knot and the ability to adjust the length of line between the weight and hook with ease.
Weight, line and hook size depends on the terrain, cover, size of plastic, detph and or current.
You can use lead or tungsten weights, brass works best with this rig for me.
Tom
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Oldschool wrote:In SoCal we use a rig called the slip shot or finesse C-rig;
Top Brass black Pro-Jo, glass bead and Peg-It for a stopper.
The brass weight has a larger smooth hole than the lead mojo sinker and less line drag; important features to feel what is going a lot better. You can substitue a Carolina stopper for the Peg-It. The important thing is; one knot and the ability to adjust the length of line between the weight and hook with ease.
Weight, line and hook size depends on the terrain, cover, size of plastic, detph and or current.
You can use lead or tungsten weights, brass works best with this rig for me.
Tom
+1
RMARX

Post by RMARX »

3/4 oz lead egg sinker 35' and less 1 oz lead egg sinker over 40' always with two faceted glass beads, a high quality swivel and 20 pound Seguar main line and anywhere from 8 - 20 pound leader that is 10 - 30 inches. Both leader size and length depend on water clarity, and how activly the fish are hitting. I know you just asked about sinker type and size, but wht the heck!! Ask me what time it is and I will tell you where and how the watch was built!!

Robert