Buyer Beware: Counterfeit Lucky Craft Lures on EBay

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
bassdog

Buyer Beware: Counterfeit Lucky Craft Lures on EBay

Post by bassdog »

You get what you pay for...bought some Lucky Craft Pointer 128 lures from a seller on EBay for a dollar a piece or less. Shipping was $6.99 per lure regardless of how many bought. They look OK and even have the lure name imprinted on the bottom of the lure body (Pointer SP for example). But when you compare it side by side with a real Lucky Craft lure, you'll notice that the lateral line on the bodies are different, the gills are shaped differently, the eyes don't "pop", and the body shape isn't the same. Here's the kicker: the real Lucky Craft lures suspend at a specified depth, the EBay ones pop right back up to the surface when you stop cranking. The seller refunded the amount but is still selling the lures as authentic Lucky Craft, not factory seconds. The lures are not in original packaging because "the box was damaged" but the "lure works just fine." If you want a nice looking, expensive crank or jerk bait that doesn't suspend, then this is your lure. If you want a real Lucky Craft, look elsewhere! We have tried three of the colors with the same conclusion: Pearl Ayu, Citrus Shad, Ghost Minnow. If it sounds too good to be true, it is! :oops:
Greg_Cornish

Re: Buyer Beware: Counterfeit Lucky Craft Lures on EBay

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Give us an item number.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
bassdog

Post by bassdog »

[b]Copied from a current auction:[b]. Does this help?

Fishing Lure Lucky craft Pointer 128 SP Ghost Minnow GM Item number: 120389298046

View larger picture

Refresh

Current bid: US $0.01

Your maximum bid: US $
Place Bid >
(Enter US $0.06 or more)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: 2 mins 49 secs (Mar-09-09 20:07:17 PDT)
Shipping: US $6.99
Expedited Flat Rate Shipping Service
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to: N. and S. America, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Japan
Item location: Tokyo, Japan
History: 1 bid
High bidder: t***v( 20)

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Mar-08-09 20:07:17 PDT
Starting bid: US $0.01
Duration: 1-day listing
Payment methods: PayPal
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: hootcrazed( 5193)
Member: since Dec-19-07 in United States

See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 5193 | 99.3% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected

Description

Item Specifics
Brand : Lucky Craft Type: Crankbait
Fishing Style : Freshwater Type of Fish: Bass

Lucky Craft Pointer 128 SP - Ghost Minnow

Lucky craft Pointer 128 SP Lure
Very rare color, good for collections.
Lucky Craft Pointer 128 SP - Ghost Minnow
Length: 5" (128mm)
Line: 15-20 lbs
Hook Tail: # 4
Weight: 1.0 Oz.(28.0g)

The POINTER has been designed with a very low center of gravity through the use of special brass weights. The low center of balance causes the lure to wobble and vibrate whenever the retrieving motion is stopped. The POINTER will suspend 4 -5 feet deep and will emit an intriguing bass-calling vibration, while in the suspended state. A short twitch of the fishing rod will generate the "Walk the Dog" action under the water.

This is a out of package factory refurbished item.
Refurbished item = Retail package damaged during shipment.
( the lure itself is perfectly fine ).

We accepts Paypal only.

This item is for USA Customer ONLY!
NOTE: We do not combine shipping charges!!

Customer Satisfaction guaranteed.

Affordable Auction Management Solutions @ inkFrog

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping and handlingShips to
N. and S. America, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Japan

Shipping and Handling To Service Insurance
US $6.99 United States Expedited Flat Rate Shipping Service None
US $9.99 N. and S. America, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany Expedited Int'l Flat Rate Shipping None

Shipping and Handling To Service Insurance
US $6.99 United States Expedited Flat Rate Shipping Service None

Domestic handling time
Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment.

Return policyThe seller will not accept returns for this item.

Payment details
Payment method Preferred/Accepted Buyer protection on eBay

Accepted

Learn about payment methods

HelpTake action on this item
Item title: Fishing Lure Lucky craft Pointer 128 SP Ghost Minnow GM

Place a bid
Current bid: US $0.01
Your maximum bid: US $
(Enter US $0.06 or more)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid. Learn about bidding.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I bought one of each for a friend. If contacted regarding this, the seller will refund the full amount? Including shipping? I dont want to give them to my friend if they do not work properly.
bassdog

Post by bassdog »

I filed a complaint through PayPal and they escalated the investigation. PayPal got the seller to give me a refund. If you look at his feedback since March 2, 2009, others have also said that the lures are not real Lucky Craft and do not suspend. The seller states that there are absolutely no refunds (gee, I wonder why). Try complaining through PayPal or EBay. The more people make noise, the more likely the guy will stop trying to pass off his product as "Lucky Craft." Maybe seller should call them "Unlucky Craft..."

Just an additional note: I searched EBay with the terms "Lucky Craft Pointer." Another seller from Idaho is selling the exact same lure but his shipping costs are $7.99....Pointer 128, Citrus Shad. Sheeesh....
smpboy

Post by smpboy »

i had same thing about a year ago bought it for like 5 cents shipping was 4.99 or something same scam this guy is making a fortune hope he gets busted and does some time for slanging counterfeit products
vangsteven

Post by vangsteven »

Well I hope this guy keeps selling this product and markets this as a replica. I bought 4 of these from him last year and I caught some nice size bass and stripers during tournaments with them. The floating part of it is actually good especially if u are fishing the Delta. Just my thought.
Steven Vang
Doug Warren

Post by Doug Warren »

Grant wrote:I bought one of each for a friend. If contacted regarding this, the seller will refund the full amount? Including shipping? I dont want to give them to my friend if they do not work properly.

I did the same thing and turned him in to ebay and I got a full refund. Took the hooks off and threw the baits in the trash. He actually took the 128's and G'splashes off for awhile but they are back on again. His name is Hootcrazed so beware.