Looking for expert advice!!

bass343

Looking for expert advice!!

Post by bass343 »

I'm pretty new to the hunting game so I'm asking you pros out there for some advice.

Wanna get some feed back what you guys thought about that Sako 85 Finnlight rifle.

Check it out. http://www.sako.fi/sako85models.php?finnlight

Can't decide between the Sako 85, Remington 700, and the Browning X bolt all in 300. Win Mag.

What are your thoughts avid rifleman?

Than,

Dan
profisha1

Re: Looking for expert advice!!

Post by profisha1 »

Most of the rifles these days are good, I am not familiar with the Sako, but My friend has one and had 1 minor problem and they got it fixed. It shoots great.
I would look at it depending on your size and the caliber that you are looking at, the gun your looking at seems to be shorter and weigh very little which could cause more recoil in the larger calibers.

I suggest going into a sporting good store and feel each one. and make your decision based on things that you like. I never liked the three posion saftey on winchesters, I didnt like the feel of the browning bolt, things like that is what you look for. How comfertable is it. How does the stock feel in your hand. (cheap plastic, solid, slippery, grainy, ect) all are things to look at. I think when you get down to the accuracy and will it get the job done. ALL brands are capable.
Other then that its personal preference of what your looking for in a rifle and what you plan on doing with it,

Rj Bennett
- RJ Bennett
Brian

Post by Brian »

bass343 wrote:I'm pretty new to the hunting game so I'm asking you pros out there for some advice.

Wanna get some feed back what you guys thought about that Sako 85 Finnlight rifle.

Check it out. http://www.sako.fi/sako85models.php?finnlight

Can't decide between the Sako 85, Remington 700, and the Browning X bolt all in 300. Win Mag.

What are your thoughts avid rifleman?

Than,

Dan
You cant go wrong with any of those Rifles. I myself prefer the Remington 700 XCR.... One bad *** rifle. Sako and Browning are good guns too though.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
bass343

Post by bass343 »

Thanks for those of you who replied to my post.

I think I will be happy with any of those rifle choices.

Dan