Blast off and check in times unfair????

Terry Smith

Blast off and check in times unfair????

Post by Terry Smith »

Why is it that the boats in later flights (say boat125) get to fish for almost 1 hour more than boat #1 ???????? If each flight gets to come back in 15 minutes later then why doesn't each flight have to take off 15 minutes apart??? What do you guys think???
Last edited by Terry Smith on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Brian

Re: Blast off and check in times unfair????

Post by Brian »

Depends........ on smaller bodies of water, Some of the better areas may already be taken by the time boat #125 gets to blast off, in those cases I think it is more than fair.........
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Been that way for a long time. I fished a tournament once that actually held back the flights for that time period. It was terrible. They never did it again. It is a luck of the draw deal.
ASD

Post by ASD »

I think they are to be let go in flights and cheak in in flight as the DFG limits the amount of time a turny can run depending what time of year it is ie winter 8 HR. an in summer it drops down to 6HR.
rangerz20

Post by rangerz20 »

Luck of the draw. I usually like last flight just for the more fishing time, but it stinks when you are fishing Castaic and the back of a certain cove is on fire, the first two flights beat you there. :cry:
barse41

Post by barse41 »

so there isnt a bunch of guys standin around with fish in bags at the weigh in
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

For the College tournament, FLW staged the flights with delays between them. Seemed like a very reasonable manner in which to release the boats and somewhat even the fishing time.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

Luck of the draw! Some org's send you off in the order you signed up. But my favorite ones are the two day events in which they invert the field so if you where 1st boat out on day one you will be last boat out on day two.
Its just the way it is and most fishermen know its just a draw and your time is what it is. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. No big deal either way. The way I see it is at least I'm fishing!!!!! Jim
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
rxfish

Post by rxfish »

I always sign up last to get the extra fishing time. In some tournaments its easy to release 50 boats in a 15 minute time frame. My son and I are rarely on a good spot first thing in the morning so getting anywhere first is not a big deal. Sometimes 10 hours in a day is not enough for us. Hey, we are just having fun and if everything falls in place, well it just becomes a better day.