Gary Dobyns

biteme

Gary Dobyns

Post by biteme »

Picked up a new 805 today and loved the tip protector. Awesome idea and a smart move! Where can I get these for the rest of my rods?
stickbait

Re: Gary Dobyns

Post by stickbait »

biteme wrote:Picked up a new 805 today and loved the tip protector. Awesome idea and a smart move! Where can I get these for the rest of my rods?
What is a tip protector... photo??
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

stickbait wrote:
biteme wrote:Picked up a new 805 today and loved the tip protector. Awesome idea and a smart move! Where can I get these for the rest of my rods?
It protects the tip and first couple guides. Most companies put a piece of foam or put bubble wrap to protect while shipping. We just went extra step and made a hypolan tube/sleeve. Many guys are continuing to use them for rod storage. Our dealers love them for shipping rods to their customers. We have had requests to sell them and might in the future.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Gary Dobyns wrote:
stickbait wrote:
It protects the tip and first couple guides. Most companies put a piece of foam or put bubble wrap to protect while shipping. We just went extra step and made a hypolan tube/sleeve. Many guys are continuing to use them for rod storage. Our dealers love them for shipping rods to their customers. We have had requests to sell them and might in the future.
Keep us posted! :wink:
Gator

Post by Gator »

Here ya go Stickbait

Steve Perkins

Post by Steve Perkins »

Very Nice ! Great Idea
John 14:6

Clear Lake Fishing Guide
https://steveperkinsfishing.com/
Phil

Post by Phil »

About time, what a great thing, I can't count or remember how many times when I owned a tackle shop, the rods would come with broken tips, or better yet, broke in half or cracked. Next a complete rod sleeve ?

Good idea Dobyn's !
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

Berserk Baits makes a great rod sleeve with a tip protector. The tip protector can be 6" or 12". Rod sleeves for casting or spinning rods. Lifetime Warranty and made here in California. Seen quite a few of these protecting Dobyns rods. These save the company on warranties and the owner on breakage issues. Ask Randy Pringle he has them protecting his rods. I also gave one to Mr. Dobyns as well, in hopes it would come in handy for him as well.

You can order them through the site or www.baitbarn.net

www.berserkbaits.com
biteme

Post by biteme »

mvanguilder wrote:Berserk Baits makes a great rod sleeve with a tip protector. The tip protector can be 6" or 12". Rod sleeves for casting or spinning rods. Lifetime Warranty and made here in California. Seen quite a few of these protecting Dobyns rods. These save the company on warranties and the owner on breakage issues. Ask Randy Pringle he has them protecting his rods. I also gave one to Mr. Dobyns as well, in hopes it would come in handy for him as well.

www.berserkbaits.com
I like the Dobyns because its simple and would be fast to put on. Gary if you have any extras please PM me a price! Thanks!
mvanguilder

Post by mvanguilder »

Actually these are built with a fabric that makes it quick and easy to get on and off. Plus it has a lifetime warranty no questions asked. Just trying to give an option or just tryin to help.

Mike
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

I have eight of the berserkbaits rod protectors, and they feature a solid tip section designed to protect the tip, and sleeve, and a bungee cord strap that can stretch to accommodate everything from 6 foot to 8 foot rods. They are very durable, I always use them when not using boat rod storage options. If I use them on my deck, I will be sure to have the rod tips face the front of the boat. Lately, I've been fishing FPT and using my partners boat, so I'm getting a lot use out of them. I've only ever broken one rod before, my
736c which I broke twice in one day on a tournament.what I like is keeping the rods untangled.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
biteme

Post by biteme »

acm95301 wrote:I have eight of the berserkbaits rod protectors, and they feature a solid tip section designed to protect the tip, and sleeve, and a bungee cord strap that can stretch to accommodate everything from 6 foot to 8 foot rods. They are very durable, I always use them when not using boat rod storage options. If I use them on my deck, I will be sure to have the rod tips face the front of the boat. Lately, I've been fishing FPT and using my partners boat, so I'm getting a lot use out of them. I've only ever broken one rod before, my
736c which I broke twice in one day on a tournament.what I like is keeping the rods untangled.
Sounds like you need a back rack, you'll love it!
DAN360V

Post by DAN360V »

+1 with the Berserk Baits rod sleeves. You can even have Berserk baits add your name to one of the sleeves, pretty cool!

I bought my first 2 Dobyns rods in april and it was the first time i had seen the tip protectors, I thought it was a great idea, nice to see a rod maker taking the extra step to make sure your rods show up unharmed!

The Berserk sleeves are very nice becuase of the extra pad at the tip and heavy duty sleeve. realy comes in handy for non boaters that fish pro-ams and storing rods in the truck or hotel.

both great products and 2 very good ways to protect your investment!

Dan Wells
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

+1 on the Berserk Bait Rod Sleeves.

I removed the rod tip holder in my rod locker then placed the Berserk Bait Rod Sleeves onto my rods and now I can hold twice as many rods in my rod locker.

It's easy to remove my rods from the rod locker now and without any tangles.
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

biteme wrote:
acm95301 wrote:I have eight of the berserkbaits rod protectors, and they feature a solid tip section designed to protect the tip, and sleeve, and a bungee cord strap that can stretch to accommodate everything from 6 foot to 8 foot rods. They are very durable, I always use them when not using boat rod storage options. If I use them on my deck, I will be sure to have the rod tips face the front of the boat. Lately, I've been fishing FPT and using my partners boat, so I'm getting a lot use out of them. I've only ever broken one rod before, my
Sounds like you need a back rack, you'll love it!
I've looked at that, It looks cool. I have a small boat and my larger rods would hang off the sides I think. I been using my friends boat for tournaments and that may be a possibility.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
R.Cook

Post by R.Cook »

mvanguilder wrote:Berserk Baits makes a great rod sleeve with a tip protector. The tip protector can be 6" or 12". Rod sleeves for casting or spinning rods. Lifetime Warranty and made here in California. Seen quite a few of these protecting Dobyns rods. These save the company on warranties and the owner on breakage issues. Ask Randy Pringle he has them protecting his rods. I also gave one to Mr. Dobyns as well, in hopes it would come in handy for him as well.

www.berserkbaits.com
+2