Fedor Loses...

Sports talk forum
sTony

Fedor Loses...

Post by sTony »

to Fabricio Werdum, first round submission. Guess it had to end some time.

sTony
elfish16

Re: Fedor Loses...

Post by elfish16 »

hahahahaha!!!!!!!! I have HUGE respect for Fedor and he's done a LOT for the sport but this win is HUGE for Werdum! But honestly it shows a LOT about the lack of competition he's facing in the past few years. I don't think he'd survive in the UFC heavyweight division. He'd be bullied around too much!
sTony

Re: Fedor Loses...

Post by sTony »

I don't think it says anything about the UFC. OTher then maybe that Dana White is big mouthed idiot. Werdum wanted out of UFC badly when he left. Sooner or later Fedor had to lose. He came charging in on this fight got the upper hand momentarily and then ventured into Werdum's guard and got caught out of position, fight over.

I don't think the UFC heavyweights are as good as you might think. Alastair Overeem would likely eat up most of the UFC heavies. I think Fedor does too.

You've got four studs in the UFC heavies; Lesnar, Carwin, Dos Santos and Velasquez. After that there's a big drop off. Nog is old, Mir is way over rated, and so on.

Without Overeem, Barnett and Fedor, the UFC heavyweight class is missing some key players. These might be three of the top five heavyweights out there and they're not in the UFC.

But losing this fight doesn't mean all that much, heck it was bound to happen sooner or later. He was still undefeated for ten years. I don't know anyone else who's come even close.

sTony