Personal Best Striper on the Black Dog Lunker Punker

basstrophy

Personal Best Striper on the Black Dog Lunker Punker

Post by basstrophy »

On Saturday morning 7/17/10 at our second stop after 10 minutes of fishing. A 33 -? plus lb striper (our scale only went to 33 lbs) explodes on my Lunker Punker tossing it 2 feet into the air, a second try the fish smashed it. The fight was on with 65lb braid a St. Croix Rod Big Gulp Rod I was confident I would win the fight but the fish almost spooded me. After a few mintues later I lip landed her with both hands since we didn't have a net large enough. After taking a photo with my cell phone she was released alive back into the rough waters of our awesome California Delta to swim again.

http://www.westernbass.com/forum/album_ ... ic_id=1221
stevey

Re: Personal Best Striper on the Black Dog Lunker Punker

Post by stevey »

Excellent. Good Job!!!
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

On Saturday July 31st first thing in the morning I hook up with another huge striper. I'm working my topwater bait and my bait is about 15' from the boat when this huge splash then this striper is doing a head stand with it's tail 3 feet out of the water thrashing its tail back and forth, weirdest thing i've seen. The fish came unbuttoned and the fight was over just as fast at it started. My fishing buddy and I thought that this fish was even bigger then the last one, who knows. The bite didn't last long but two hook ups and one trophy gets away.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

What part of the delta? I am finding schoolies all over but have yet run into any large fish....looks like you're in one of the main river channels from your pic.

Nice giant fish!
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

Yesterday, 8/21/10 while fishing the Delta for some stripers a 23.3lb smashed a new lure called "The One" in blue shad color by Paycheck baits.

We also caught several shakers on top water. It's hard not to toss top water baits for stripers when they are smashing it. My fishing buddy caught a nice 6 lber, together we had four keepers.

The striper run has started..... we caught stripers with deep black stipes with some blue coloring.

I'll post a picture of the 23.3 lb striper once i figure how to down size the picture.

Going again next week.
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Nice Fish Basstrophy. Congrats. In the Last 10 days they've been show'in in False and some spots on the Main Channel....Two Nights ago I followed a large school from False R. Right into Franks...They traveled about 2 miles in 1hr an a half time....Pretty amaz'in to watch. The birds told me where their mov'in......Another thing to is the blue gill are stacked again at Russo's...First time since they stoned Franks two years ago...Their Back
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
925_Angler

Post by 925_Angler »

basstrophy wrote: It's hard not to toss top water baits for stripers when they are smashing it.

nice fish basstrophy ... bigger fish are definetely into the system and they are hungry ! we've managed to go 2/3 with our encounters with the fat bottom girls and it aint even "time" yet !!!

OINK OINK!! :lol:
C&R stripers!
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Did a Video with Black Dog Baits using the LPunker. Alot of Blowups, Lot of action. Should be out within a reasonalble time. Look forward to see it myself LOL...It was total fun doing it.

Rich Thiel
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-