This is how you have more boats show up for tournaments

basstrophy

This is how you have more boats show up for tournaments

Post by basstrophy »

Four weeks in each month. Each circuit takes turns each week at each regional lake.

Example:

Jan. 2011 Delta region
1st week AC Delta
2nd week ABA Delta
3rd week Won Delta
4th week Pro Am Delta

Feb. 2011 Delta region
1st week AC
2nd week ABA
3rd week Won
4th week ?

March 2011 Delta region
1st week AC
2nd week ABA
3rd week Won
4th week ?

And so on ….

Jan. 2011 Motherlode region
1st week Melones AC
2nd week Melones ABA
3rd week Melones Won
4th week Melones Pro AM

Feb. 2011 Motherlode region
1st week McClure AC
2nd week McClure ABA
3rd week McClure Won
4th week Mc Clure ?

March 2011 Motherlode region
1st week Don Pedro AC
2nd week Don Pedro ABA
3rd week Don Pedro Won
4th week Don Pedro ?

And so on……

Jan. 2011 Northern California
1st week Shasta AC
2nd week Shasta ABA
3rd week Shasta Won
4th week Shasta Pro AM

Feb 2011 Northern California
1st week Clear Lake AC
2nd week Clear Lake ABA
3rd week Clear Lake Won
4th week Clear Lake Pro AM

And so on……..

Jan. 2011 Folsom
1st week Folsom AC
2nd week Folsom ABA
3rd week Folsom Won
4th week Folsom Pro AM

And so on....

Jan. 2011 Bla Bla Bla
1st week AC
2nd week ABA
3rd week Won
4th week Pro AM

And so on.....

What I’m getting at is if each circuit has tournaments at the same lake for each region on different weeks of each month you will draw more boats for each circuit. I personally would fish more circuits if each circuit took turns at the same lake different weeks during the month. You would save money on pre-fishing also.

All the tournament fisherman what do you think?

I would fish more circuits.
kopper_bass

Re: This is how you have more boats show up for tournaments

Post by kopper_bass »

basstrophy,
i truly applaud your creativity. thinking like this gets ideas flowing.

with that said though, i am not sure if it would truly improve turnout. the issue would be if the lake is "on" or "off". there are lots of guys who pre-fish and if they dont gain confidence, they wont fish. so a format like this would kill them from ever getting involved for a whole month possibly. whereas, they may skip the delta and go fish at Berryessa where they got a better chance in Feb. with a different circuit.

i do though really like the idea of ganging the groups up and trying to get a few together back to back. if your in it to play, then that really does help with saving time, expenses, etc.

interested to see what other guys say.

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

If only it were that easy.
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

basstrophy,

My mom tried that with me and my brother to share toys!
It worked for about ten minutes, my brother got all the toys and I got a fat lip! :lol:
Dan Stahlman

Post by Dan Stahlman »

This would require all the circuits to work together. NEVER HAPPEN!!!
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Lake scheduling is not the problem with tournament turn-out. The problem is professional team anglers and unprofessional organizations. Why would a couple of kids want to take their small amount of cash and put it in to the pockets of a couple of guys that have fished together for years on one body of water?

The cost to participate "all-in" pushes 3 grand a year for one series down here in San Diego. When a couple of kids or a parent and child look at that they decide why bother? The same teams win every time as they are really not on the same level as the other teams in experience. The rare circuit even includes a team that has worked out a way to break the rules and get the win by cheating.

Why should these professional teams move out of the team circuits in to Pro/Am or individual weight events? The money they make beating up the kids on the tee-ball field is better than the Pro/Am money. No travel, more events on your local water, guaranteed some father and his kid will be there to donate and tournament Orgs. continue to front load the payback and ramp up the "all-in".
These professional teams do not need 40 boats. Actually they would prefer 10-20 as they are less likely to run in to a jackpotter.

When you only draw 10 or 20 boats you get unprofessional tournament direction. Before some of you "professional" TD's get wound up and beat out a personal attack, hear me out. This is not directed at any one person it is a general statement. We have experienced tournaments being cancelled days before the event goes off for stupid reasons. I do not have enough boats. I have to work and can't find another person in this whole organization that can do my hugely complex job. The lake is not fishing well so we are going to reschedule. All BULLCRAP.

I put both of my young kids through team circuit seasons. One reason I did that was for the commitment. They had a partner to answer and be responsible to. They made a commitment to fish the whole season with a goal. To make the championship. How are they supposed to be responsible when you have grown men running these organizations deciding they would rather go to Vegas to watch a race rather than show up and run their tournament?

Cancelling tournaments? Uncalled for on any level. Why would anybody come back when you decide that only making 10 grand on a Pro/Am is not enough to show up for 50 guys that made the commitment to send in their entries, set up their gear and nearly have the truck loaded when you decide to pull the plug. If there is a minimum number of boats needed to put an event on the water then put it out there. Don't say when asked a week before, "we are going off no matter what" then cancel.

Unprofessional Organizations and Professional teams. These are the reason for the decline in team event participation. Not schedules. Team events are necessary to build our sport. We need a venue that kids can get their start in tournament fishing. Too bad others see the tee-ball field as a place to steal these kids money.

The only Profession in team fishing should be running the event. The money needs to be taken out of the fields. Lower the entries to pay the costs to run the event well. Make the TD's perform for their pay or fire them. Go back to recognition for winning rather than money and we will get people showing up to "try out" this sport. Who is going to cheat to win a plaque?

When you are ready to go "professional" as an angler you can step up to a Pro/Am or individual weight pro event to make money. All levels will prosper. All that needs to be done to fix team fishing is unwind the changes that have been made over the years. The schedules are fine.
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

one other thing i think might help a little. as i understand it ( and if i'm wrong i'm sure someone here will be happy to correct me ) if you fish different circuits you have to pay yearly fee?? i fish some won bass stuff..if i go fish anglers or some other circuit don't i have to pay yearly membership there also . so if i wanted t fish 3 or 4 different circuits i'd be stuck for several yearly membership fees ?? if so if the organizations could get together and put a one time fee for fishing one of their tourneys ..?? say anglers could charge $10 extra to people like me who have paid won bass membership fees ?? just a thought to save a couple bucks ??
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

I think the two biggest reasons participation numbers are in the tank is single lake scheduling and rookie leagues like WRL and FPT not moving their top finishers up to the pro team level.

Anglers that live close to or on particular lakes or rivers and fish many of it's events but also fish pro-ams and different venues throughout the year and do very well are just solid anglers period, so you just have to jump in and take your lumps.

But when you have one lake wonders never parting with their security blanket, you're right Robert, a lot of guys just do not want to waste their money and compete against them.

The other reason is many of the rookie level team anglers have consistently finished in their top ten and are ready to move up, yet they are back again the next season fishing the same circuit.

just my 02
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

The problem with attendance is that there are still to many organizations. They are starting to fall though. Just look at the numbers showing for some events. That tells a story. Also seems like the turnout is much better when there aren't so many options and fees. In this day and age money does matter.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
some guy

Post by some guy »

hire strippers.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
toadsonly

Post by toadsonly »

I like it!
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

2ndsuks wrote: The other reason is many of the rookie level team anglers have consistently finished in their top ten and are ready to move up, yet they are back again the next season fishing the same circuit.

just my 02
Same old thing except down here we only have the regular team circuits with guys that have fished with their partner for 30 years taking the money. I still feel if you take the money out of the lower level events you will promote.

Maybe the AOY team getting free entries is part of the problem? I know it is only base entry but it is something that keeps the same team in business every year. How cool would it be to see some of the powerhouse teams split up and take two kids from their neighborhood fishing? Almost like a big brother thing. I know Cooch does it for that one tournament but if the team circuits REQUIRED one team member to be under 18?

If you are skilled and seasoned, move up. It would help the draw circuits too. Maybe there is more cheating than we want to admit and these guys need their confidant? What if our current team circuits morphed in to draw circuits?
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

some guy wrote:hire strippers.
I like this guy!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

He meant male strippers.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Brian Linehan wrote:He meant male strippers.
:shock: chip n dales aint going to make it :shock:

its going to take strippers that Have Tits n Azz to make this work :wink:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

the one thing besides the top guys taking the money mostof the time is the economy sucks, In my area a third of store fronts are vacant, families who had 2 incomes only have 1 or none, lost their home and possibly their dignity. Less participation is a sign of the times besides all the other org and fisherman issues. You add all the little too many insignificant parts and you get one big mother you know what. Sure it's screwed things up. I'm still doing it even if I didn't make enough to cover the fees but fortunately I have. I don't do the proams anymore due to the cost of everything involved but I sure do wish I could. Heck just to bare bones a proam with 3 days of prefish costs close to $1500 when it's all said and done besides the time off work with no pay!!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

There have been some good points here, but lets face it, the economy is the biggest culprit. When there is more disposable income around the teams will be back. Robert F has some valid arguements when it comes to Directors, but I disagree about the Professional Teams being a big factor in Turnout. So what if a couple of life long buddies like fishing team events. Just because they are successful does not mean that they have to "Move Up". Maybe their jobs keep them off the Pro Am trail. The reason they are more successful usually is that they spend more time on the water or just get better info. What about the long term guys in the SD Bass clubs? Should they be forced out of the club because they have won over the last 15 years. Some guys just like some levels and that is their right unless the rules change. Most of the SD Team trails have been dominated lately BY the younger guys [Wade Strelic/Partners?]. Another example is Kyle and Will. They work all week, practice when they have a off weekend and smoked the field at Perris/DVL Won Bass this year by a big margin. When your kids start WINNING MONEY, trust me, they will like it better each event. You have to have confidence in YOUR ability to compete against the best at all levels or find another hobby/sport to participate in. The successful Teams IMHO are really just better than most on those days. This last year at DVL, Phua/Wick/Guy/Hippie were just better than the rest of us. Give them their due and go out and WORK HARDER. When and if you ever beat the best guys it will be that much sweeter. And back to the original topic, better scheduling will produce more participants, but getting the org's lined up to that is no easy task. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Robert, I think a bass club is where your boys would get way more bang for their buck. It's cheaper and is an awesome way for them to gain experience without having to worry about donating.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Rick G wrote:I disagree about the Professional Teams being a big factor in Turnout. So what if a couple of life long buddies like fishing team events. Just because they are successful does not mean that they have to "Move Up". Maybe their jobs keep them off the Pro Am trail. The reason they are more successful usually is that they spend more time on the water or just get better info.
Rick, I fished behind two of the three San Diego circuit AOY team boaters in the National Guards. One fished the FW Cup twice. He has flat said he uses the San Diego team circuits to provide the money to fish the Guards. The other team is a veteran pair as well.

I am not talking about getting pedigreed kids like Wade Strelic and Jordie Kerr started in bass fishing. I am talking about kids that come to my house (and I am sure other homes as well), see the boat and say to my son, "I wish I could fish a bass tournament". We should be able to take those kids and give them that experience in a team format.

Clubs are dead. They took the same path team tournaments are taking. Too many guys tired of the same guys winning every tournament. Others should follow guys like Dustin Baker, John Strelic and Rusty Salewske and step up. You don't see John and Rusty banging around the teams anymore. It should be affordable enough that a guy can just take that neighbor kid out and not worry about dropping 300 bucks. Get a couple of these kids hooked and they will spread it to others. Maybe if the team circuits became draw events those kids could participate?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Robert, you should start your own club then. Club fishing is typically where you're supposed to cut your teeth anyways.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Robert F wrote:
Rick G wrote:I disagree about the Professional Teams being a big factor in Turnout. So what if a couple of life long buddies like fishing team events. Just because they are successful does not mean that they have to "Move Up". Maybe their jobs keep them off the Pro Am trail. The reason they are more successful usually is that they spend more time on the water or just get better info.
Rick, I fished behind two of the three San Diego circuit AOY team boaters in the National Guards. One fished the FW Cup twice. He has flat said he uses the San Diego team circuits to provide the money to fish the Guards. The other team is a veteran pair as well.

I am not talking about getting pedigreed kids like Wade Strelic and Jordie Kerr started in bass fishing. I am talking about kids that come to my house (and I am sure other homes as well), see the boat and say to my son, "I wish I could fish a bass tournament". We should be able to take those kids and give them that experience in a team format.
Clubs are dead
. They took the same path team tournaments are taking. Too many guys tired of the same guys winning every tournament. Others should follow guys like Dustin Baker, John Strelic and Rusty Salewske and step up. You don't see John and Rusty banging around the teams anymore. It should be affordable enough that a guy can just take that neighbor kid out and not worry about dropping 300 bucks. Get a couple of these kids hooked and they will spread it to others. Maybe if the team circuits became draw events those kids could participate?
San Diego Bassmasters currently full at 50 members and had 38 boats at their last Otay derby. Those long timers in there like Greg Gardner live for that club enviroment and thrive on the new competition that new members bring. John and Rusty are great sticks and are also self employed and can call their own schedule. Get the kids started at the club level where the stakes are way less. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

If those 38 boats showed up for an ABA they would triple their average boat count. :lol: One club does not make the world spin. Ask Greg how many clubs they had at the Top six or TOC this year. The last year I fished a club, probably 6 years ago, the Council was dropping clubs at a good clip and below 20 in SD County. That was during good economic times.
hippie

Post by hippie »

Are you kidding Robert . I havent been fishing that long maybe 11-12 years and team circuits have always been stacked especially the lake mead circuit seems like every team at mead had at least 1 partner fishing as a pro. I think your looking at it way wrong.Start your own neighborhood club, if thats what you want cheap tournies or call John Barron and ask him to start a joes circuit your way seems like the castaic guys enjoy his circuit and a few of the father sibling teams get to take advantage of a cheap tourny.
Or just fish aba cause evry team makes the toc. Sounds like your tired of donating its a MANS GAME not a boys GAME .
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Not about me Jason. I'm done with teams as they currently run. It was more work to be competitive in teams than it is for me to fish out of town FLW events. Just thinking how a newbie might get involved in the sport.
hippie

Post by hippie »

Well robert you fish as an amature out of town so thats a different ball game too. I know its tough out of the back of the boat but your still not finding your own fish . So that doesnt count either. I am fishing the NG this season as a co. it is still sweet cashing a check and its tough catching a fish with limited targets but im catching the fish my pros found and making them grin there teeth if they need that fish. So do I count that as i am out fishing my pro if I out fished him. NO because he took me to his water. So either way looks like your just at a different level and also i think alot of people would like to fish pro but jobs dont let them . Why do you always cry about the orgs. or bitch about everything dont make excuses put up or shut up. MANS GAME. NOT BOYS GAME. I didnt see Kevin Martin's Dad didn't cry for another type of proam or team circuit for his son he just made him play with the big boys. and took fools money.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Clubs or Top Stick Joe's is the best way to go right now. I did the club deal for about 3 or 4 years until I fished my first team deal. Robert, kids now days are way ahead of the curve from 10 years ago.

A little story about myself that may apply here. My dad was great in archery, sponsors and the whole nine yards. My grandfather was a Canadian champion (he was Danish but immigrated there before he was allowed to come to America). I followed in their steps and won everything I entered, state indoor and state outdoor and on and on. I got bored, winning was too easy even in way higher classes. The challenge of doing well was not there. I lost the urge and stopped. That's when I looked at bass fishing "for real" as my #1 past time. Robert, nothing will be easy nor should it be. My dad did his best to give me the best of everything the archery sport could offer. Maybe he should have let me have some downs with the up's and things may have been different.

Take kids fishing. Take them to weigh-in's, get the fire lit but don't put the gas on them till they are ready for the downs of the game. That way they are challenged but not demolished by a wave of disappointment that put's the fire out. Set goals of accomplishments and celebrate the good when it happens. Team tournaments have always had "Pro's" and "Skilled" anglers in them. Someday them "kids" will be the "Sticks" of the tournament and the cycle continues. First and foremost, get the fire lit and feed it. Skill comes with practice and time. Money can't buy it and no one is born a winner, take the steps it takes. They will be better for it!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Guy, did you have your wife write that? I'm impressed! :wink:
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Crazy Rick runs a club called World Class Bass. Give him a call Robert. He's a lot of fun!
marvink9

Post by marvink9 »

How about my 2 cents.....
I've been fishing teams for about 10 yrs and I think theres a couple of issues that would help. I know no one like the idea of off limits for the week before a tourney but that would prevent these cherry pickers who are on fish the couple of days before enter the tourney. These are the same guys that complain about off limits, but I bet that if there not on fish they won't be at check in. What ever happend to supporting the circut the WHOLE year. Grind it out, show some skill. I make my plans as soon as the yearly schedule comes out. Rain, shine, horrible prefish or great prefish. I'm out to support the circut and maybe make a little money. Another idea that will go over like a ton of bricks.... how about prepaying for the season. I actually think that might help...your not on fish...so what ...you already paid so you better show up. When I hear guys say "I'm not fishing... prefish was bad" it just makes me cringe :x Now, don't get me wrong there are some good teams out there and I my self wonder how they consistantly do it. BUT they show up at every tourney supporting the circut. If I don't like it I should be fishing the WRL or future pro.. :roll:
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Brian Linehan wrote:Crazy Rick runs a club called World Class Bass. Give him a call Robert. He's a lot of fun!
Thanks again guys but I do not need anything else to fish. I have too much as it is. Just looking for ideas to help get others in to and interested in the sport. You 5 guys in this thread just keep trading that 20 dollar bill between yourselves and act like you've accomplished something. Make sure one of you buy a boat this year or Rick's business will be even worse.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

You 5 guys in this thread just keep trading that 20 dollar bill between yourselves and act like you've accomplished something
You are right. Yes, I do this for fun.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Just your style Robert, cheap shot. Your kids must be so proud of you.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Wish i could fish pro events as a co but my colon won't let me!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Robert F wrote:
Brian Linehan wrote:Crazy Rick runs a club called World Class Bass. Give him a call Robert. He's a lot of fun!
Thanks again guys but I do not need anything else to fish. I have too much as it is. Just looking for ideas to help get others in to and interested in the sport. You 5 guys in this thread just keep trading that 20 dollar bill between yourselves and act like you've accomplished something. Make sure one of you buy a boat this year or Rick's business will be even worse.
I have a novel idea for you Robert. If you really want to grow the sport, instead of looking for someone else to give these kids a ride, why not walk over to their parents house, say Hi, tell them that their kids are interested in becoming Bassfishermen and that YOU will be more than happy to show THEM, [the parents] how to get started. In fact, lets get in the truck and cruise over to Anglers Marine, BPS, Last Chance and get started. Its a great sport that involves the outdoors and if you get really good, sometimes you can get paid. You can make lots of good lifelong friends, teach conservation and have fun. Your kids should be outdoors, not inside watching TV or on the computer. So there you have it Robert, new blood for the derbys and you helped the local economy and merchants all in one day. Thanks from me. Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
some guy

Post by some guy »

im telling you guys.... strippers.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:im telling you guys.... strippers.
While that would certainly draw more participation, I dont think the county government would appreciate it...at least not Riverside County

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/nov/05 ... e-golfsex5

Who knew "conspiracy to corrupt public morals" was a crime? :evil:
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

125 days of house arrest and 3 years probation.. thats it?

or you guys could make this the AOY prize... this thing is bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgRqxNqYD8
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Perhaps more kids would then show up to the tournaments if we told them that it's flipper! Great call John!
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

Rick G wrote:
Robert F wrote:
I have a novel idea for you Robert. If you really want to grow the sport, instead of looking for someone else to give these kids a ride, why not walk over to their parents house, say Hi, tell them that their kids are interested in becoming Bassfishermen and that YOU will be more than happy to show THEM, [the parents] how to get started. In fact, lets get in the truck and cruise over to Anglers Marine, BPS, Last Chance and get started. Its a great sport that involves the outdoors and if you get really good, sometimes you can get paid. You can make lots of good lifelong friends, teach conservation and have fun. Your kids should be outdoors, not inside watching TV or on the computer. So there you have it Robert, new blood for the derbys and you helped the local economy and merchants all in one day. Thanks from me. Rick G.
Actually Rick, when AIM had their Sunday Series I did take a few of those kids tournament fishing. Most of the parents of these kids are not as fortunate as the rest of us with these boats. I know you are busy with your little guy and that's cool. Just thinking the rest of us might consider paying it forward. You never know. One of them may grow up to make enough to buy one of your boats.
sker13

Post by sker13 »

Robert F wrote:
You have a lot of opinions on everything. You obviously think your real intelligent. Insulting people who choose to fish a circuit where you can't excel is just lame. Rubbing salt in the wound of a business man that supports this sport is lame. I wouldn't let my kids go fishing with you.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com
DL

Post by DL »

I'm done with teams as they currently run. It was more work to be competitive in teams than it is for me to fish out of town FLW events.
Sounds like someone could use some R&R. I got just the thing...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204326449
"Feel the steel"
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

sker13 wrote:You have a lot of opinions on everything. You obviously think your real intelligent. Insulting people who choose to fish a circuit where you can't excel is just lame. Rubbing salt in the wound of a business man that supports this sport is lame. I wouldn't let my kids go fishing with you.
Really Sterling? Where's the insult? Everybody's business is off. Especially the boat business. Not sure that I am solely responsible for that but I suggest an idea to get more people involved in fishing and buying boats and you bang me? Maybe if YOU fished with some kids too we would have better team turn-outs? Not sure why I would need to fish with your kids as I would expect that to be your job but you need to read the whole thread and see where the insults started.
Johnny Bass

Post by Johnny Bass »

I can't wait for tackle and boat sales to pick up,
rxfish

Post by rxfish »

Do you suppose ranking anglers like novice, amateur and expert would increase the numbers. I remember when we bike raced in the desert we all started at the same time but were really only competing against bikes in our own class. So in fishing everything stays the same but your only going to win the money in your class. I would think more guys and gals would compete if they were just competing against those in their skill level. Then after a couple of wins they get booted to the next level. And the entry fees could be different as well to accomodate each level. If you think about it most sports have a system similar to this and maybe fishing could as well.
DOWDY

Post by DOWDY »

I think we need change for sure. I was having some lunch with some other fisherman the other day on the water and we all agreed we should do what they are doing back east. Have are own fisherman run curcuit 100% payback. The important thing would to get the fisherman behind it. That way there would be good turnouts and more money. Less tourneys also. Just look at whats happening to Clearlake less bait and more pressure. Bite sucks. Make it fisherman run less entry more people and lot more money. Look at the PAA. Just might 2 cents on the issue. It's good to see the concern and input from everybody on the issue, because it is a issue and people are finally seeing that. All the curcuits are feeling it. Just look at the paypouts and prizes awarded. Hope something changes soon. On the other hand looks like FLW and bassmasters got some following this year with owners and sponsers. Good for them keep fishing in the spotlight.
gunnie2

Post by gunnie2 »

"Cancelling tournaments? Uncalled for on any level. Why would anybody come back when you decide that only making 10 grand on a Pro/Am is not enough to show up for 50 guys that made the commitment to send in their entries, set up their gear and nearly have the truck loaded when you decide to pull the plug. If there is a minimum number of boats needed to put an event on the water then put it out there. Don't say when asked a week before, "we are going off no matter what" then cancel."

Is there a more true statement than this one?? Might be good for those "board advisors" who live within 80 miles of host lake. What about the guy who scheduled vacation and was planning to drive 600 miles??
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

A circuit here in Az runs an amatures only. NO guides or pros are allowed. Pro being if you have ever fished in a major tourny as a front seater. I cant remember all the details but Jack has gotten a good respnse on this format.
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

How did this thread turn to this! Tournament fishing is exactly what it sounds like. Its not Little league where everyone gets to play ball. Its about money! And if your there just for the "experience" dont be bitter when you get your $$ taken. It is someones choice to pay the entry fees and step to the plate. Those guys who "dont leave there comfort blanket" put in work on that body of water and want to reap the rewards. I dont participate in tourneys like I used to, but I still put in time on the water and enjoy fishing just as much if not more. Those 7pm wednesday night 40 lb sacks may not count in a tournament but who gives a heck! While guys are shaking off bites getting ready for the weekend Im sticking pigs enjoying my weekday evenings.. enjoying what got me into the sport in the first place.. catching fish.. not beating the next guy. Dont get me wrong I love tournament fishing and I donated lots of my dough to guys like barrack and thomas and even COOCH! but i didnt cry.. i knew what i was signing up for.
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

Nor-Cal Bass 2011 Open Team series

12/04/2010 New Melones Glory Hole Info
01/15/2011 McClure Barrett Cove Info
02/12/2011 Don Pedro Fleming Meadows Info
03/12/2011 Camanche North Shore Info
04/09/2011 New Melones Glory Hole Info
05/14/2011 Don Pedro Fleming Meadows Info

ABA Northen Division Mother Lode

12/11/2010 New Melones
1/08/2011 McClure
2/05/2011 Don Pedro
3/05/2011 New Melones
4/09/2011 McClure
5/21/2011 Don Pedro

AC Mother Lode 2011

11/13/2010 Don Pedro results news
12/11/2010 Mc Clure results news
2/5/2011 New Melones results news
3/13/2011 Tulloch results news
4/2/2011 Camanche results news
4/30/2011 New Melones results news
6/25/2011 Don Pedro Night results news

Won Bass

I could not find their 2011 schedule

Which Team Circuits would you fish if you were fishing the Mother Lode region?
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

ABA without a doubt!!
basstrophy wrote:Nor-Cal Bass 2011 Open Team series

12/04/2010 New Melones Glory Hole Info
01/15/2011 McClure Barrett Cove Info
02/12/2011 Don Pedro Fleming Meadows Info
03/12/2011 Camanche North Shore Info
04/09/2011 New Melones Glory Hole Info
05/14/2011 Don Pedro Fleming Meadows Info

ABA Northen Division Mother Lode

12/11/2010 New Melones
1/08/2011 McClure
2/05/2011 Don Pedro
3/05/2011 New Melones
4/09/2011 McClure
5/21/2011 Don Pedro

AC Mother Lode 2011

11/13/2010 Don Pedro results news
12/11/2010 Mc Clure results news
2/5/2011 New Melones results news
3/13/2011 Tulloch results news
4/2/2011 Camanche results news
4/30/2011 New Melones results news
6/25/2011 Don Pedro Night results news

Won Bass

I could not find their 2011 schedule

Which Team Circuits would you fish if you were fishing the Mother Lode region?