Anyway to figure out the age of a loomis rod

DaveH

Anyway to figure out the age of a loomis rod

Post by DaveH »

As stated I picked a SBR813 and it has a fuji ECS reel seat it's plastic deal that locks down the reel isn't jacketed in any kind of metal marterial like my other rods with fuji seats, the cork is pretty dried out and the reel seat feels loose when the reel is on it.
The guides are in good condition, but the wraps around them are cracking. So guess my question is not having the orignal purchase date is there anyway to find out the age?
bantam1

Re: Anyway to figure out the age of a loomis rod

Post by bantam1 »

There should be a 2 digit code under the logo. This will tell us the month and year the rod was made. They have been in production since 2004.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

No number under the logo, I do see what your talking about, my IMX has One, the glx has a authentication deal but nothing on this sbc813 except a gloomis the blade design and the lure and line weight.
Could a rod builder get the logo with a blank?
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

This could have been a blank, or the rod was made in 2004. This was one year before we started the production codes. This rod model started in '04 and is still being produced.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

It's most likely the a first run 2004, I don't believe it's a custom, thanks for your help.