It's time to stop these slime balls

Bassman35

It's time to stop these slime balls

Post by Bassman35 »

Escalon Bait and Tackle was broke into last night. Randy is one of the greatest guys you will see and he goes out of his way for all fisherman!!!!!!!! They stole a ton of shimano reels and even had the nerve to eat the JERKY off the shelves. He has a $2500 deductible and does not deserve to have his stuff stolen. I understand that no one deserves it, but Randy has always gone out of his way. I really hope if anyone knows anything or hears anything they will contact him and help these slime balls get what they deserve.
This really strikes a nerve because I have never seen Randy turn away a kid in his shop looking for donation and I have seen him go out of his way for all the tournament guys and I really feel its time for us to try to pay him back. I for one will go out of my way if I hear anything and maybe we can pick up a couple of extra bags of worms.
Thanks for any help,
Bryan Cox
ScottyJ

Re: It's time to stop these slime balls

Post by ScottyJ »

Can you post a list of what was taken so we can all keep an eye out? Would love to catch one of those P.O.S.
"Jig fish are big fish"
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

I only got to talk to Randy for about a minute but I will get a full inventory and post it. I know he was really upset and he told me they stole mostly left handed shimanos along with a bunch of stuff. These losers cut the phone line and were in there for awhile. Like I said ANYONE who has ever met Randy knows just how good of a person he is and would help any of us out if we needed it. I can't count how many times he has given my boys a candy bar or a fishing hat!!!!
I really hope everyone can rally around him for a change as I am definately in his debt. He has been a very good friend to me without ever asking for anything in return.
Thank you again,
Bryan Cox
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Isn't this the 3-4th time this has happened? What the heck is going on? Randy needs to figure out something to stop this. I'm surprised he can even get insurance at this point. How does he even sleep?
There must be some tweakers living nearby that have easy access to his store. Escalon P.D. needs to set up a sting and get these bastards.
A few years back when this crap got started I was fishing at the "Point" on the Stanislaus river in Oakdale. My Buddy and I launched our boat and went fishing. Got back and my Suburban was broken into and cleaned out. Tools, fishing gear, television, etc. When we launched the boat I noticed there was a clean mid to late 70's brown Chevy stepside 4x4 and the guy it belonged to was probably in his late 40's.
Anyways, on our way out we stopped and talked to the group of locals that are there every night and told them what happened. They said 3 tweaker guys and a girl in their early 20's drove by in a white 4 door car and about 10 minutes later a brown truck with a tv in the back was driving out followed by the tweeks in the white car. Never did catch them or get my stuff back.
If you do some investigating in the residential areas around Escalon bait and tackle and you see that truck parked at a house with an older guy hanging out with tweakers keep an eye on them. Hell, let me know and I will take care of em.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Security systems are so inexpensive compared to repeated break ins. Sorry to hear about this in any case.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

This makes me so f'ing pissed I don't even know what to write here. Bryan hit the nail right on the head about Randy being just a awesome human being! I also feel so bad because I just discussed this sort of thing with Randy earlier the same day. This SUCKS.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

That is really screwed up. I hope someone catches the POS.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Jeff Huth

Post by Jeff Huth »

This really sucks,
Randy is a stand-up guy, he truly cares about his customers and our industry and is the perfect example of the local tackle shop that goes out of his way to support his customers and community. He runs that shop basically by himself and this is not his first break in. If anyone hears of any product thats for sale at a price thats "to good to be true" lets help get these slugs arrested. Hopefully Randy will post what was stolen to help us try to catch these fools. Randy if I can help in anyay, call me.
Jeff Huth
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

You can buy a camera system at Sam's club with four infra red cameras for around $200. At least he would know who is ripping him off. That or rent dogs from a security firm that drops them off every night and picks them up in the morning. Could be some good footage for youtube.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

I am very sorry to hear this. Monday my friend and I were given the incorrect address, we would have been there last Monday. He won a certificate from Randy through Bob's Marine Charity tourny. I have a question though, I look forward to fishing Clear Lake and the Delta, I have heard and read so many stories of "tweakers" in the North and not being from the area where are the safest places to launch out of?
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

Here is the list of the shimano reels. Randy is still working on everything.
4 Stradic st 2500fi
5 Citica 200e
5 Citica 201e
5 Curado cu200e7
5 Curado cu201e7
4 symetre sy4000fj
2 Sahara sh100fd
5 Sarhara 2500 FD
1 Sedona se100fd
4 Sedona se2500
1 sonora 100fb
6 Sonora 2500FB
5 Soltace 2500 f1
2 Curado CU50e
1 Shimano Baitrunner 4000d
1 Simano Baitrunner 12000d
1 Socorro 4000F
1 Socorro 8000F
1 core 51mg
1 core 101mg
1 charter special 1000LD
I'll Try to update the list as I get them.
This is the third time and it's time to catch these bastards.
The part that really pisses me off is they went right after the stuff most BASS FISHERMAN want so it imho it looks like one of our own. To me this is even worse than what MIKE HART did! This really shows how low some can go to steal from people they know.
AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY OPINION BUT IF WE DON'T CATCH WHO IS DOING THIS, THEY WILL DO IT AGAIN AND NOBODY WANTS THAT!
Again thanks to anyone who can help
Bryan
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

Can some people post on the other sites as well ? I don't get on the other sites but I know there are many.
Thanks,
Bryan
Jon

Post by Jon »

Window was broken out of my car last night in Oakdale. They got my wallet and used some cards in Manteca. I wonder if it was the same guys decided to stop off in Escalon on their way to Manteca.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

This sucks, insurance or not. At his cost that's close to 4K......
I will put the word out, and keep an eye open with my sources.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

They also took some skeet Reece reels and lunker punkers. The list will continue to go on as he is still inventorying is still continuing. Like I said earlier if you guys are ready to buy anything fishing related it's time to give Randy Some help for all the times he has been there for us.
Thanks
Bryan
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

All This shows ya is that horrible crap can happen to the most respectable people. Why because it can. At least he was smart enough to have insurance. Just something I'm sure he'd like to be able to forget about. Hopefully they will catch the SNB's and you guys can play casting practice with them!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

We got broken into a couple years ago twice in 6 months, after no break ins for 28 years! Made us change our security system where now we have cameras and a slide gate. Shorten your alarm time also. Same thing down here, all reels, mostly Shimano. Makes you feel violated. I feel your pain dude. Good luck and I hope they string up those POS's. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3