Anyone gone out in this weather for striper?

W.C

Anyone gone out in this weather for striper?

Post by W.C »

I'm just wondering if any of you diehards have been out on the Delta and braved this weather... :) I'm thinking of going out tomorrow "Monday" and maybe the rest of this week since i'm on Vacation. but would like some input about the wind,rain and bite. I don't want to know any of your hot spots, I have my own.. unless you would like to let me know some :wink: I hope that I can get out on the water about 6am if not earlier. I plan to launch out of either Rivers end or Ladds, i'm not sure.. i'm planning to fish whiskey , Milldred ,Connection and down south area..I will be working a fishtrap, Pencil Popper, Paycheck baits The One, The big Stick, spoons and flukes.... as well and fishing for some black bass. I have been doing okay but I have only gone out twice in the last 3 weeks and only about 8 times this year. Any input would be greatly appreachiated, thanks all. :wink:
fishwithron2

Re: Anyone gone out in this weather for striper?

Post by fishwithron2 »

If you go out of Ladds keep an eye for birds going down the channel. Birds been around Wind Mill, Lost Isle and mouth of 14 mile.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

The only thing I would throw in on your list is a shad looking Chatterbait with single tail Yamo trailor or Fluke and work it at what ever depth they are marking at ... and possibly a little deeper, a white/chart Hair razor with a hyperstryper tail - and a big Big Hammer SB in Pearl with some green Dip n' Dye on the belly and tail.

After the rain moves out Monday for a spell - the cold front following it with the unstable air should come in ~ and hopefully some winds will kick up .... target the wind blown banks that funnel the bait from channels and fingers directly onto the shorebanks.

If your can in your boat with TM manage it - where the whitecaps hit it - and work it back and forth 100 yards each side. There will be LM's with the Linesiders for the same bait being crashed up onto the shoreline/rocks.

<two-cents>

Stay safe and have fun !
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
striperwannab

Post by striperwannab »

How do stripers react to weather like this? Do they "shut down" after the front til things stabilize or just continue looking for the next victims?
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

DeltaDan wrote:

After the rain moves out Monday for a spell - the cold front following it with the unstable air should come in ~ and hopefully some winds will kick up .... target the wind blown banks that funnel the bait from channels and fingers directly onto the shorebanks.

If your can in your boat with TM manage it - where the whitecaps hit it - and work it back and forth 100 yards each side. There will be LM's with the Linesiders for the same bait being crashed up onto the shoreline/rocks.

HANG ONTO YOUR HATS ..... THE COLD FRONT IS HERE ! Blowing 15-20+ mph here now.

Sherman Island at the Marina rock wall is where the food fest is going on right now, As well as the southerly oxbow in Dutch outside of BBreak. <two-cents>
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

striperwannab wrote:How do stripers react to weather like this? Do they "shut down" after the front til things stabilize or just continue looking for the next victims?

They have to continually eat as they have a very high metabalism. In Disco at the end of the shad - You could time their boils on a 4 hour intervall like clock work no matter day or night.

Now with less shad - they are not commiting to many boils- and I have not seen a single one this year for myself.

It is scary alone in how dead Lil' Mandy even is this year !! :shock:

There are alot of small bluegills in Taylor/Little Franks/ possibly Franks area. I have not fished lately in Rock and Twin so I don't know much of nuthing but past history there ...... except that past history is just that ~ "Past History" :lol: