answered prayer, or, 'How BIG is your God/god?

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Otay Michael

answered prayer, or, 'How BIG is your God/god?

Post by Otay Michael »

Does God answer 'small prayers'?

Well, I had God answer another prayer for me, another 'miracle?'. I'll let you decide, but I think so. But funny, I had this discussion with a fellow believer three weeks ago, on answered prayer. We both believe in a God, and that Jesus is part of the Trinity. Now we can't explain how God is One, yet three also (Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three 'persons'!), but that's ok, I like a God so big you can't figure him out- He made it that way too!

Anyway, he did not believe that God answered all the 'little' prayers. Guess little is different for each person, but I said since He knows, He states, the amount of hairs on our head we could trust Him to know about every little thing! You see, He knows how many if we should ask, He did not say it had to be a special time 'when he drops in and thinks about us', such as the day you were born, or died, or our 21st birthday, but at ANY time.

That means, He knows an awful lot about each and every one of us at ALL times too. That's AMAZING, and where I get the chutzpah (yeah, I had to look up the spelling, I'm not Jewish, just 'grafted in') to ask for all kind of things. This has been learned through the studying of the bible, and how He answered so many prayers to so many folks, and by example seeing other folks (mostly some of my younger brothers- they 'believed' first) do so before I came to believer (that's one of the things that got me interested actually- besides their 'peace of mind' about everything- something I, nor they, had much of).

Jesus said you have not for you ask not. Heck, He even gave me my idea for the sponsorship program, which got me on some 55 trips around the world on other peoples money to make my art, TUL. (Thank U Lord).

I could write a book on all my answered prayer on my travels alone, but He says the only thing He asks is to share them for His glory, so here is my latest (the previous one was on getting a spinnerbait back from the depths, he gave me the idea, then provided the miracle, while I only argued with Him that it would be foolish to even try- how cool is that?!!- I bragged on Him for that on another site.

So- I had an old refrigerator that needed to go back into service, some 15 years after getting it for a home we never ended up getting, so it sat stored in our apartment garage- now 6 hours 'deep' in stuff stored in, above and around it- could not even see it. It would now store my negatives in the freezer, from all my trips, keeping them from deteriorating -the old freezer semi-bit the dust a few months back, keeping things cold but not frozen, refrigerator part not even.

This was two days before my trip to teach in Carmel/fish the Delta, two weeks ago- after digging it out I took it to the shop and spent two hours taking off the front door, moving 'stuff' and generally making enough room to maneuver it through the place to a spot that would work (too big to go into the far back room, door too small in this old building), then let is set for two days before plugging it in. The morning of leaving, while taking care of last minute things, I hoped for the best (should have prayed) plugged it in and checked it after an hour- nada, no cold air blowing out what-so-ever, freezer OR refrigerator vents! Bummer, all that work, and no extra money to speak of for another! I turned it off- would have to deal with it later.

When I got back I decided to 'lay hands on it', as I've done for folks needing healing, as well as machines believe it or not- most of them healed- and prayed in the name of Jesus to 'work again' (and promised I'd brag on Him as I always do). Plugged it in and went home.

Well, the next day I went in and the thing had frozen the test water I'd put in the thing- DANG, what an awesome God. Well, my believing friend, like I used to think, thinks God is TOO busy to answer the small stuff; too busy with global warming, wars, starving in India, etc. to 'worry' about things like my little bat-fish upside down and dying in my fish tank (which was healed after praying 20 years ago now- dude at fish store, after explaining the situation, said the only way to 'heal' it was a 50% salt water change of my 50 gallon tank for a week- I came back and said 'sorry dude, the guy at the fish store said your going to die', then laid hands on the tank and prayed, next day it was fine- next time I saw that store owner I told him of my miracle, he stood jaw agape!).

Well, I guess my God is a lot bigger than his, and getting bigger every day. The neat part is that knowing He is so concerned about me, and millions of other believers also petitioning him for this or that daily, is that He must be hearing my every communication directly and immediately. Is anyone else's God doing that? If you have your God figured out, and in a little box ready to say, "I've got God all figured out, look here', well then your God is pretty small. Mine is SOOOO big I'll never figure Him out, or put Him in a box and again, getting bigger every day, making it all the more difficult to even try!

TUL.

PS If you should ever want to meet this/my God, if you don't already know Him, He's waiting to introduce Himself and walk with you in the afternoon hours through the gardens- we were meant to anyways way back in them at the start. Yes, He's willing to show Himself at your request, though being tested to prove He's real- no hocus pocus, but be ready to have your mind blown with something if you do pray for it. Ask, and you shall receive. Could write a whole story on this with my personal 'revelation' from Him, but that's for some other time.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
elfish16

Re: answered prayer, or, 'How BIG is your God/god?

Post by elfish16 »

Great piece man! I can say that my God is that big... I can't figure Him out period and can't even begin to think how I could figure him out! He does WAY too much to fathom and even when you think He's not listening He is.

Brad Paisley had a lyric talking about that God always answers the prayers and plain and simple the things we don't NEED in life will sometimes be NO. Oh well... He knows whats in our best needs!

Eric
frankc

Post by frankc »

thanks mike, i have been away from god and he know where i am in life and i know he still loves me, but i don't do the things i am suppose to,i needto get back in church but it is hard after i been out for a while.....................
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

elfish16 wrote:Great piece man! I can say that my God is that big... I can't figure Him out period and can't even begin to think how I could figure him out! He does WAY too much to fathom and even when you think He's not listening He is.

Brad Paisley had a lyric talking about that God always answers the prayers and plain and simple the things we don't NEED in life will sometimes be NO. Oh well... He knows whats in our best needs!

Eric
AMEN!
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

frankc wrote:thanks mike, i have been away from god and he know where i am in life and i know he still loves me, but i don't do the things i am suppose to,i needto get back in church but it is hard after i been out for a while.....................
I don't do the things I'm supposed to quite often, but the thing is I do the right things more often. When that's the case you know you're headed in the right direction, especially if some of the things you do right is 'seek His face'; thru church attendence in a bible believing church, fellowship with other believers and in study of the word.

Most folks put eternal things on the back burner, I try to keep them in the forefront. Life is short compared to eternity, that's the main thing to remember, and chruch attendence helps up to remember that!

I started an answered prayer page on my website, check out my latest miracle posted at the bottom of the page:The miracle of the ever running light bulb...
Prayer to keep the exhibit light running through the entire second day at the photo expo on my 'boat battery' scheme.http://www.seewald.com/answered_prayers.htm
Otay Michael

Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Does God answer small prayers? YES
My son and I were getting our things together to go duck huntung the next morning, and of course he could not find his hunting license. We looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I was upset and about to lose all my patience with my son (it was not the first time he had lost it) I resigned myself that we would not go and went to bed. Before I fell asleep I prayed to God to help me find the license. Instantly I felt a great calming in my mind and I said "it's in his closet." I got out of bed went to his room and opened the closet door and there it was, we had looked in there 10 times already.
My son and I fished several tournaments this year and had dismal success, we fished a tournament in Nov. and had a decent limit by 1:30. We spent the last 1 1/2 hrs fishing swimbaits, I asked God to give us a fish that we would cull our smallest fish with. 5 minutes left in the tourney and I hooked and my son netted a 10.72lb largemouth and we won the tournament and had big fish.
So yes God does answer small prayers.