Varsity Football sure is fun...

Sports talk forum
sTony

Varsity Football sure is fun...

Post by sTony »

My son, Danny, a sophomore at Heritage High in Brentwood, is playing his first year of varsity football. Sure is a ton of fun!!! He's playing inside linebacker and special teams and actually started last night, which was WAY cool! Solo sack on the QB in their first series with the ball that forced a punt. Heritage won 41-18 over Montgomery from Santa Rosa and is now 2-0 after beating Novato last week 41-14.

Friday Night Lites sure is a blast!!!

If your kid's playing this year, chime on in and let us know how they're doing!!!!!

sTony
Last edited by sTony on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg_Cornish

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Whenever my nephews feel like exercising, they lay down til the feeling goes away.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Brian

Post by Brian »

Tony,

Good thing you guys dont play us......... 8)

haha I know what you mean, We are 3-0 right now. My kid plays for Pleasant Grove in the Delta River League. Starting Nose Tackle, Center, Long snapper......

Got to love those Friday Night Lights.........
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

I had the pleasure of coaching Brian's son when he was a freshman. That young man is tougher than an old crow bar and mature enough to know he needs to keep the peddle down during practice. Old-school mentality and a joy to chase around the grass lot. PG is now 5-0 and his boy is a major reason why. As a 10th grader he's a really good varsity player, but he's on his way to being scary good. A special young man.
Brian

Post by Brian »

bassdaddy wrote:I had the pleasure of coaching Brian's son when he was a freshman. That young man is tougher than an old crow bar and mature enough to know he needs to keep the peddle down during practice. Old-school mentality and a joy to chase around the grass lot. PG is now 5-0 and his boy is a major reason why. As a 10th grader he's a really good varsity player, but he's on his way to being scary good. A special young man.
Thanks for the kind words Coach Tree. I'll be sure to show this to him. 6-0 now! Now lets see if we can make Jesuit the next victim on the way to 7-0......... 8)

-John Wayne[/color]
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Brian wrote:
bassdaddy wrote:I had the pleasure of coaching Brian's son when he was a freshman. That young man is tougher than an old crow bar and mature enough to know he needs to keep the peddle down during practice. Old-school mentality and a joy to chase around the grass lot. PG is now 5-0 and his boy is a major reason why. As a 10th grader he's a really good varsity player, but he's on his way to being scary good. A special young man.
Thanks for the kind words Coach Tree. I'll be sure to show this to him. 6-0 now! Now lets see if we can make Jesuit the next victim on the way to 7-0......... 8)
OUT
Brian

Post by Brian »

8-0 8)

-John Wayne[/color]
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Awesome season to this point. HUGE game this week. BEAT FOLSOM! :D
Brian

Post by Brian »

CIF SJS SECTION CHAMPIONS.............! 8)

-John Wayne[/color]
Marty

Post by Marty »

It’s great to be a Bulldog!
The Folsom Bulldog are currently rated 5th in the National and 2nd in the State right behind De La Salle that is rated number one in the National and State.
Bulldogs are CIF Division II championship.
8)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Marty wrote:It’s great to be a Bulldog!
The Folsom Bulldog are currently rated 5th in the National and 2nd in the State right behind De La Salle that is rated number one in the National and State.
Bulldogs are CIF Division II championship.
8)
Folsom got lucky......... :evil:

Too bad they are losing all of their starters........ :wink:

-John Wayne[/color]
Marty

Post by Marty »

Yes they will – should be back up to the level their are now when my next Grandson is ready to play!