Varsity Football sure is fun...

Sports talk forum

Moderators: ash, Mike M, Caudawg, Cooch

User avatar
sTony
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 10:07 pm
Location: Oakley, CA
Contact:

Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby sTony » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:11 am

My son, Danny, a sophomore at Heritage High in Brentwood, is playing his first year of varsity football. Sure is a ton of fun!!! He's playing inside linebacker and special teams and actually started last night, which was WAY cool! Solo sack on the QB in their first series with the ball that forced a punt. Heritage won 41-18 over Montgomery from Santa Rosa and is now 2-0 after beating Novato last week 41-14.

Friday Night Lites sure is a blast!!!

If your kid's playing this year, chime on in and let us know how they're doing!!!!!

sTony
Last edited by sTony on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greg_Cornish
Posts: 5422
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Clear Lake

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Greg_Cornish » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:15 am

Whenever my nephews feel like exercising, they lay down til the feeling goes away.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
Brian
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:07 am

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Brian » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 am

Tony,

Good thing you guys dont play us......... 8)

haha I know what you mean, We are 3-0 right now. My kid plays for Pleasant Grove in the Delta River League. Starting Nose Tackle, Center, Long snapper......

Got to love those Friday Night Lights.........
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

bassdaddy
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:26 pm
Location: Northern CA

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby bassdaddy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:57 pm

I had the pleasure of coaching Brian's son when he was a freshman. That young man is tougher than an old crow bar and mature enough to know he needs to keep the peddle down during practice. Old-school mentality and a joy to chase around the grass lot. PG is now 5-0 and his boy is a major reason why. As a 10th grader he's a really good varsity player, but he's on his way to being scary good. A special young man.

User avatar
Brian
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:07 am

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Brian » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 pm

bassdaddy wrote:I had the pleasure of coaching Brian's son when he was a freshman. That young man is tougher than an old crow bar and mature enough to know he needs to keep the peddle down during practice. Old-school mentality and a joy to chase around the grass lot. PG is now 5-0 and his boy is a major reason why. As a 10th grader he's a really good varsity player, but he's on his way to being scary good. A special young man.


Thanks for the kind words Coach Tree. I'll be sure to show this to him. 6-0 now! Now lets see if we can make Jesuit the next victim on the way to 7-0......... 8)
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

User avatar
Sean Graf
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 7:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Sean Graf » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 am

Brian wrote:
bassdaddy wrote:I had the pleasure of coaching Brian's son when he was a freshman. That young man is tougher than an old crow bar and mature enough to know he needs to keep the peddle down during practice. Old-school mentality and a joy to chase around the grass lot. PG is now 5-0 and his boy is a major reason why. As a 10th grader he's a really good varsity player, but he's on his way to being scary good. A special young man.


Thanks for the kind words Coach Tree. I'll be sure to show this to him. 6-0 now! Now lets see if we can make Jesuit the next victim on the way to 7-0......... 8)

OUT

User avatar
Brian
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:07 am

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 pm

8-0 8)
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

bassdaddy
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:26 pm
Location: Northern CA

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby bassdaddy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:49 am

Awesome season to this point. HUGE game this week. BEAT FOLSOM! :D

User avatar
Brian
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:07 am

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 am

CIF SJS SECTION CHAMPIONS.............! 8)
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

User avatar
Marty
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:04 pm
Location: Delta
Contact:

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Marty » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:41 pm

It’s great to be a Bulldog!
The Folsom Bulldog are currently rated 5th in the National and 2nd in the State right behind De La Salle that is rated number one in the National and State.
Bulldogs are CIF Division II championship.
8)
Image

User avatar
Brian
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:07 am

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Brian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Marty wrote:It’s great to be a Bulldog!
The Folsom Bulldog are currently rated 5th in the National and 2nd in the State right behind De La Salle that is rated number one in the National and State.
Bulldogs are CIF Division II championship.
8)


Folsom got lucky......... :evil:

Too bad they are losing all of their starters........ :wink:
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

User avatar
Marty
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:04 pm
Location: Delta
Contact:

Re: Varsity Football sure is fun...

Postby Marty » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Yes they will – should be back up to the level their are now when my next Grandson is ready to play!
Image


Return to “Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests