When walking the bank, 1 or 2 rod?

Luckyfisherman

When walking the bank, 1 or 2 rod?

Post by Luckyfisherman »

When walking the bank or shoreline. Are you more comfortable with one or two rods?

I find it difficult having to carry one rod and fishing one rod. I purchased one of those Bass pro shop back packs where there are two straps to strap the second rod to it, but find it a pain in the butt when I have to swap out a lure. Having to switch back and forth is a real pain. So whenever I go out I only use one rod. It makes more versatility.

What are your experience with this situation?
frankc

Re: When walking the bank, 1 or 2 rod?

Post by frankc »

i bring 2 rods sometimes and it's a pain, i can move faster with 1 rod....
Burke

Post by Burke »

I bring at least 2 rods when I walk the bank, but never more than 4.
thukidad

Post by thukidad »

depending on how i'm fishing, i'm usually carrying two rod.. one for bottom contact - flouro (always), other one for crank, topwater, spinners, etc. - mono or punching, froggin, extra heavy cover - braid..

i find it puts me more time fishing than having to retie w/ different lures on just one rod..

another factor would be how far am i bankin it from my vehicle.. if i'm just off the levy.. i'll bring 3 - 4 rod.. but if i'm gonna be gone for a while.. i'll stick with 2..
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

i use 2 rods...but it is a pain carrying 2 rods tho...i rather have that than having to retie all the time...
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
ens

Post by ens »

Most of the time, it's two rods. I have a 3rd Grip and it works fine. Easy on easy off. The only thing is DONT put any jig/lure with trebles near your reel as sometime it will get caught on your clothes.
DeltaBassBuster

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

When I used to walk the bank for stripers I always carried 3 rods ready, 1. topwater, 2. Rat-L-Trap or swimbait,and 3. Chartruese bucktail jig w/ Zoom white Trick Worm Trailer for bottom bouncing. When Stockton's Down Town use to be "HOT!!" this is what I always carried, I've had up to 50+ catch/release fish days back in the day.