Question for Dobyns Rod Users

ash
SpeedBump

Question for Dobyns Rod Users

Post by ash »

I snapped my favorite Crankin rod a Lamiglass - 7' 6power rod that was great for BDS3's and rattle traps in the Grass as it was very parobolic in action and was not real tippy- I am looking to replace it with a new Dobyns rod - primarily my concern is most "cranking" rods are great for lakes but the tip gets loaded up in the grass and it becomes difficult to clear or rip the bait loos from teh grass - I want something that will play the crankbait fish but not too tippy as to load up in the grass -

I am lookign for recommendations in the Savvy Seires and Champion Series - THANK YOU!
Skeeterman

Re: Question for Dobyns Rod Users

Post by Skeeterman »

Hay ash,Why don't you see if Lamiglass will replace the rod it might be alot cheaper.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Skeeterman wrote:Hay ash,Why don't you see if Lamiglass will replace the rod it might be alot cheaper.
Thanks Johnny - two reasons - I was not the original owner so I do not have a sales reciept and thier website is really specific about this - the second is they no longer make this sieres of rod. I have been real happy with my new Dobyns and would like to have my next crankin rod come from the Dobyns line of rods.

Thanks for the great suggestion!
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Got it.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Check out the Randy McAbee models. They are killer...not too spongy, yet no too stiff either. I love mine!
Bryant

Post by Bryant »

The rod I use to throw cranks in grass is the dobyns 805cbrm. It's got plenty of power to rip the grass off the hooks of rattle traps and other shallow cranks. Not to mention you can launch the bait a mile. If an eight footer is too long for you check out a 705 cb. It will get the job done as well.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I will second what Bryant said - I have the 805cbrm and the 705cb - love them both!
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

These rods will all work for your requested technique. If you are looking to stick with a 7'6" model and glass I would go with the 765 CB Glass.

cork-full 705CB 7' 1pc. 8-17lb, 1/4-1oz, Med/Hvy Mod/Fast Action Crankbaits, Jerkbaits, Sammys, Lipless Rattlebaits, LV500, Staycee 90 $239.99

cork-full 764CB RM 7' 6" 1pc. 8-14lb, 1/4-3/4oz, Medium Mod/Fast Action Randy McAbee Signature Crankbait Rod $249.99

cork-full 765CB GLASS 7'6" 1pc. 8-20lb, 1/4-1oz, Med/Hvy Fast Action Crankbaits, Jerkbaits, Spinnerbaits $229.99

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact PM me or call the shop at 1-530-671-1989
Peacheater81

Post by Peacheater81 »

Another vote for the 705CB glass. I love mine!
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

I just got the 804 CB....and I love it. It may be a bit light in the tip for you, but if you can, give it a try first.

Yoz
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

After reading the TT article and the response from everyone it sounds like the Dobyns 705CB is the way to go for me. I appreciate all of your suggestions and recommendations.

Thank you

Ash
mmalinao

Post by mmalinao »

I'm using the 704cb glass rod and love it for shallow to mid running crankbaits...it's like butter! Definitely not good for ripping through grass though!

-Mike
-Mike Malinao
ASD

Post by ASD »

Brota A I have a 704cb if you want to give it a try. It might b a little light for ripen the grass tho
Mike

Post by Mike »

Peacheater81 wrote:Another vote for the 705CB glass. I love mine!
OG on WB since 1993
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

764CB RM. It has replaced my 705CB for cranking.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Thank you to all of the Dobyns Guys for helping me reach a decision, yesterday I ordered Dobyns 765CB for my new Cranking Rod :mrgreen:
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

Great choice ash,

You'll build some great fishing memories with that rod. I hope my input was helpful. If you have questions in the future please feel free to contact me. I have a pretty good product knowledge and I'm always happy to steer someone in the right direction.

Thanks you for your interest in Dobyns Rods, have a great day and good fishin' to ya.

Don Petty