Which Trees Would You Crappie Fish?

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

Doug Vahrenberg

Which Trees Would You Crappie Fish?

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Can you see the Crappie? Which trees would you fish? I know which ones I gave coordinates to two buddies...Oh they were struggling and showed them images and they got excited gave them the coordinates and they limited very quickly....

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Which Trees Would You Crappie Fish?

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Here's the interpretation of the image...You can tell the crappie from the baitfish because of the size of the individual returns in each school. Baitfish look more like cloud and the Crappie are more singulated in the group.

Note: See how the crappie like the trees with splits, forks or branches. They like horizontal cover to hang around more than "telephone pole" trees with no branches. This is one thing I look for when hunting for suspended bass - actually why I drove by these trees to see if any bass where home - only crappie.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson