I wish we had something like this out here in the West...

Ron C

I wish we had something like this out here in the West...

Post by Ron C »

...and with a $290 per team entry fee!!! That ol' Randy McBride sure knows how to "Gitter Done!"

http://www.bassmaxx.net/
Barry

Re: I wish we had something like this out here in the West..

Post by Barry »

Ron, We did. NEWBASS Team spectaculars with a Ranger at each event. Couldn't draw 75 boats in the Delta. Amazed me.....Barry
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Any time a tournament organization requires a certain number of entries to give a boat away, the tournament is doomed. If a tournament is promoted well (this almost never happens), is scheduled well, has a fair payback and is giving a boat away for a $290 entry fee, it would be a big hit. Some of our entry fees are close to this with options and we are not fishing for a boat.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Gary's response says it all

Coming from the man who has won what 40 boats!!!!

It did not work out here before and I am guilty to boot, but yet us as anglers will spend $200 or more with options to fish for a 1k payout and we bitch.

I my self do not complain about paybacks but others do, I just wanna fish!!!!!! period

A/C gives us great opportunity at the TOC there payaback goes into the toc, and the FBL pays back pretty freaking good if you look at what 8th or 9th place you get a couple of lamiglas rods (say $160 a piece boat spray and a small check HELL thats more money value than the 4th place finishers!!

Gary the legend is right!!
Think about it
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark

YOU DONT NEED THE BOAT

Post by Guest »

If we drew 150 boats at 100% BASS.... first place with options ($250 total investment not $290) would be around $10,000. more importantly, second would be about $5,000 and third would be about $3000, and forth would be about $1500. every place would pay better than BASSMAXX other than first and we would pay 30 places instead of 25. While Randy McBride does a great job, I commend him on his new trail and I'm sure it will be big success, we have everything we need, right here in Northern California....All we need is the fisherman to show up if they want this kind of payback. Lets build a better mousetrap out west instead of wishing for someone else to bring it to us.

Bob Kornhauser
100% BASS

one more thing

Post by Guest »

with 100% BASS.... big fish already pays 5 places, and for those who are interest, on 150 boats

1st-1350
2nd-750
3rd-450
4th-300
5th-150

Bob Kornhauser
100% BASS
Gary Dobyns

Re: YOU DONT NEED THE BOAT

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Bob, how long are we going to have to wait for one of our circuits to build a good one? You have an excellent payback but your, and all of our circuits', idea of promoting is listing your schedule. You think you know what us as fishermen want and so do your competitors. We do not have a single tournament circuit with an advisory committee. With a few fishermen's ideas as to what WE want and some ideas on how to promote your circuit, things could be a lot better quick. Remember your 4 delta circuits? I was going to mention a couple of other circuits but you are the one who responded. The best circuit we ever had was Western Bass. I know you had a lot of input starting that circuit but you also had a big hand in doing away with them. All of the organizations want to blame the fishermen but they don't want to listen to them. Here is an idea. How many times have you ever sent a press release to the local sports editor about your up coming event and also the results? They love this kind of stuff and it's free. It sure might help attendance at the weigh-ins and then you could shoot photos and probably get more sponsors and better your deals. I tend to get a little pissy listening to promoters who blame fishermen.
Fast 492

Re: YOU DONT NEED THE BOAT

Post by Fast 492 »

I think most of the circuits paybacks are "okay", some are definately better than others, but most have a decent payback(i.e. one gives more money at each event and another gives away three boats at the TOC). There has to be some sacrifice somewhere. One of the problems that I have seen is the lack of communication between the owners/directors and fishermen on the amounts actually being taken in and the amounts being withheld for the circuits to pay for the TOC's and such. When I am told that the options are paid back 100%, I want to see the sheet showing who got in the options (not a # of people, but the actual names), because most of the people I talk to complain about the math not adding up. If that info was posted at the weigh in, there would be no doubt in anyones mind. If you got into the options and your name does'nt show on the option list, you could bring it to someones attention without it becoming a huge scandal. I think that if organizations posted all pertinent info, that it would stop alot of the allegations of monies being taken with no way to track it. If the organizations don't want the hassel, get rid of the options. For example, the paybacks for the FLW STREN series is easy to figure out, the PRO payback is 88% of the monies collected from the pro side being paid directly back to them(not including the boat). The AMATUER payback is 80% not including if you win and own a ranger boat. Even with this awesome payback, they still profit more than $20,000 for these events. The paybacks are in black and white and most people I talk to are happy to fish them. Sorry for the rant, just my 2 cents!!!
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
Colebass

Something interesting about the Championship

Post by Colebass »

If I read it right, it says Top 40 teams in each division and ALL teams that pay for all 5 events. That's a way to keep folks around.
Dave Cole
Colebass

With all due respect

Post by Colebass »

For $40 dollars more the boat is worth more that 10K.

I have always been troubled by opitions. Just give me the flat fee and include big fish, then let's go fish.

Bob, how many folks on the average get in the opitions?

Secondly, I agree with Gary on an issue. Circuits should get more fishermen involved. Get folks that will help you draw folks to your events and promote it. The more fishermen, the more sponsor money that comes, not the other way around.

Even if to get buy in, I think circuits should have a committee.
Dave Cole
Colebass

I never thought of you......

Post by Colebass »

as pissy! HAR!HAR! My wife, that's another story.. :lol: :lol:
Dave Cole
Cooch

Umm, did I read that right Cole?

Post by Cooch »

Yer wife thinks Gary is pissy? Nevermind, I aint goin' there! :lol: :lol:
Colebass

That's what she said:)