Connecting two 998c SI units

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

htimsdet

Connecting two 998c SI units

Post by htimsdet »

I have an 998c SI on my bow and want to upgrade my older console 798c SI with another 998c SI. I plan to establish an ethernet connection between the 998c SI units.

1) I am assuming I can share waypoints along with other data, but should I share a GPS puck or should I have two pucks to improve accuracy of my waypoints. One located by my trolling motor transducer and the second located at the stern for my console's transducer?

2) Can I share one Navonics SD Card or do I have to have a seperate Navonics card for each unit?

Thanks,
Ted
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Connecting two 998c SI units

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

I like the simplicity of installation of Ethernet and it's lower cost and has more functions and features.

It will share waypoints to both unit.s You can select which transducer, temperature probe or GPS receiver for each location.

I personally prefer GPS at the Bow and Transom and close to the transducers to reduce adding any extra offset to the waypoints.

Mapping cannot be shared that is protected by the mapping companies as single location read only data.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
htimsdet

Re: Connecting two 998c SI units

Post by htimsdet »

Thanks for the reply. I'll install two GPS pucks and purchase two mapping SD cards.

Ted